PDA

View Full Version : Mavic Open Pro UST NOW available!

sales guy
10-07-2017, 02:38 PM
While it was listed as cancelled a couple months ago, the Rim Brake one is showing available. The disc ones are showing 10/17/2017 delivery.

If anyone wants a set get 'em quick as they will go fast.

oldpotatoe
10-07-2017, 06:35 PM
While it was listed as cancelled a couple months ago, the Rim Brake one is showing available. The disc ones are showing 10/17/2017 delivery.

If anyone wants a set get 'em quick as they will go fast.

Yawn.... they fix their wedge/noisy eyelets? Ya know the problem they refused to acknowledge or fix for almost 2 decades?

Rant off.

sales guy
10-07-2017, 06:39 PM
Yawn.... they fix their wedge/noisy eyelets? Ya know the problem they refused to acknowledge or fix for almost 2 decades?

Rant off.

LOL! Hardly a rant. And HIGHLY doubtful on the fixing of the issues. Don't forget to add the decals that don't stick, the non-offset rims, the quick wear on the brake track, the noisy ceramic rims. Oh to go on and on.

ColonelJLloyd
10-07-2017, 07:02 PM
yawn....

+1

R3awak3n
10-07-2017, 07:07 PM
I was interested in the ceramic ones, then they never released them, then boyd release theirs (a few other companies have as well). I bought the boyds, they are excellent, don't have silly eyelets or weird lumps... Mavic, you took too long, again.

fiamme red
10-07-2017, 09:37 PM
Yawn.... they fix their wedge/noisy eyelets? Ya know the problem they refused to acknowledge or fix for almost 2 decades?I've bought quite a few Open Pros for wheel builds in the past seven years. I've never had this problem.

Ken Robb
10-07-2017, 09:49 PM
I've bought quite a few Open Pros for wheel builds in the past seven years. I've never had this problem.
I've had 5 sets of Open Pros with zero problems. I guess I've just been lucky. :-)

oldpotatoe
10-08-2017, 07:45 AM
I've bought quite a few Open Pros for wheel builds in the past seven years. I've never had this problem.

Good for you but as a bike shop owner that built a LOT of them(maybe over 1000), a very high percentage that had that wedge click or noisy eyelets, maybe 15-20%.

Yes fixable but what's annoying is telling some mavic rep at interbike about it, after talking to other wheelbuilders about it(yup, lots had these issues)..and get the 'thousand yard stare' from the factory guy..'really, we haven't heard about this(say with french accent)'....adios, I will not nor have I built with mavic since I started my little wheelbuilding biz(almost 4 years, about 450 wheels)..

rant #2 out..:)

sales guy
10-08-2017, 09:40 AM
Good for you but as a bike shop owner that built a LOT of them(maybe over 1000), a very high percentage that had that wedge click or noisy eyelets, maybe 15-20%.

Yes fixable but what's annoying is telling some mavic rep at interbike about it, after talking to other wheelbuilders about it(yup, lots had these issues)..and get the 'thousand yard stare' from the factory guy..'really, we haven't heard about this(say with french accent)'....adios, I will not nor have I built with mavic since I started my little wheelbuilding biz(almost 4 years, about 450 wheels)..

rant #2 out..:)

And it wasn't even just the Open Pro rims. It was the 117, 217, Helium, Classics, anything with that shape and wedge. And when you DID punch the pins more, you'd pray that they'd hold. And it was 50/50 that they did. And then you'd punch them again and pray. It sucked!