PDA

View Full Version : Slim fit rain pants

geordanh
10-05-2017, 05:51 PM
Anyone have recommendations? I have some rain pants right now, but they are ridiculously bulky and I hate them.

Need something that's slim (don't necessarily need to fit over jeans) but fully waterproof for the wet coast downpours we deal with over here.

I am 31x34 which means I'm buying 33 or 34 rain pants to get the length, but they're even more baggy than they would be otherwise.

I have looked around a decent amount, and most rain pants seem to be of the ultra baggy type which is crazy annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kirk007
10-05-2017, 07:58 PM
showers pass and gasp, Specialized make some that I've had good luck with. Then there's Assos - really nice, ridiculously priced for the full length ones in particular.

msngr
10-05-2017, 09:32 PM
I have had the same issue as you.

Showers Pass (good on Kirk007) are the best I have found. Lake also used to make a decent-fitting pair, but that was before the company was sold. Maybe they still make it, I dunno.

boomforeal
10-05-2017, 10:33 PM
yeah specialized. edit: i reviewed them a few years back. they fit a bit funny but comfortable, work well and don't make you look like a rapper: https://nsmb.com/articles/specialized-deflect-therminal-winter-gear-reviewed/

geordanh
10-07-2017, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the recommendations guys!

93KgBike
10-08-2017, 12:15 AM
For warm weather, I having been using some fleeceless zip-off ski shells made of Polartec "neopro?" They work great. I'll check the textile and maker later, if it would be of interest.

For cold weather, I had some custom 3 weight Polartec NeoShell/Powerdry stretch pants made by Lou Fox. I love them. In the dead of winter I wear them under straight leg jeans for walking around. Did 8 years winter commuting in a pair of them, and never felt the cold - they are blizzard tested. Tightish stretch fit, custom.Foxwear.net (http://foxwear.net/fabrics-and-colors-2/clothing/tights-pants/)

owly
10-08-2017, 01:11 AM
Bontrager Velocis Stormshell.

bib-like though.