PDA

View Full Version : paint a fork-cost?

Luwabra
10-04-2017, 04:42 PM
Fork is a wound up......

how much is it generally to paint a fork to match given i have the code RAL# 1 color maybe the crown and drops black instead of chrome...

anyone with an approx range???

thanks

Bentley
10-04-2017, 05:18 PM
Fork is a wound up......

how much is it generally to paint a fork to match given i have the code RAL# 1 color maybe the crown and drops black instead of chrome...

anyone with an approx range???

thanks

I know a guy locally that does awesome work and is priced fairly. Its hard to estimate an approximate cost because it is not just the paint but the prep. I would think for wet paint it should be in the 150 to 200 range. My guy touched up an Arte decor fork and you can't tell where he touched it up.

PM me and I can send you contact info

Ray

10-04-2017, 09:16 PM
It'll have to be wet paint so if you're matching powdercoat, you may not get a perfect match. Even if the color is technically matched, the depth and surface texture may never be perfectly matched. If you want it to look really good, you may want to even out the surface differences by having your fork and your frame both clear coated over whatever color you put down on the fork. It costs a bit more but bears good results. I've had Spectrum do a couple Enve forks for me to match a powder coated aluminum in one instance and a ti Moots in another.

Adding two-color detail starts boosting the cost quite a bit. A good frame painter doing the job will know how to use a second color to provide a visual transition between the frame and the fork itself. If your match isn't quite perfect he can sometimes handle it with the second color. In either case, he may have plenty of other second color layouts for you to consider. Don't lock in on one design without considering what he might have to offer.