PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Rapha folks. What jersey am I looking for?

makoti
10-04-2017, 03:34 PM
I have several of the lighter jerseys for hot & humid. Pro Team, for the most part. Love the fit & feel. Now, it's getting cooler & my climbers jersey ain't gonna do it. I wear base layers, so factor that in. What line is best for cool autumn rides? Not worried about 40 & below. I have a couple of Alpha jackets for that. 45-70 range. I'll also use warmers, rather than a L/S (although the L/S PT aero is just about perfect). The Brevet? Classic II? Guide me, please. What works for you guys?

eBAUMANN
10-04-2017, 03:40 PM
dunno bout the classic II but the original classic has been pretty good for me in spring/fall temps.
definitely has a looser fit compared to the pro team stuff though, thats for damn sure.

ColnagoFan
10-04-2017, 03:42 PM
I have several of the lighter jerseys for hot & humid. Pro Team, for the most part. Love the fit & feel. Now, it's getting cooler & my climbers jersey ain't gonna do it. I wear base layers, so factor that in. What line is best for cool autumn rides? Not worried about 40 & below. I have a couple of Alpha jackets for that. 45-70 range. I'll also use warmers, rather than a L/S (although the L/S PT aero is just about perfect). The Brevet? Classic II? Guide me, please. What works for you guys?

What about the Pro Team Midweight? If you like the fit, it just bumps up the material slightly. Might be the go-to?

FlashUNC
10-04-2017, 04:21 PM
I know you said you're going arm warmers, but their pro team long sleeve is really nice.

Just got the colorburn on sale and its a great jersey.

gospastic
10-04-2017, 04:43 PM
I know you said you're going arm warmers, but their pro team long sleeve is really nice.

I agree with this.

dbnm
10-04-2017, 04:58 PM
I have a ton of Rapha stuff and I wear the Core for 50-70 temp and Classic for 60 and under.

The Core jerseys are really nice. The Core bibs are not so nice.

makoti
10-04-2017, 05:21 PM
What about the Pro Team Midweight? If you like the fit, it just bumps up the material slightly. Might be the go-to?

That's what I was thinking, but they sell it as a "warmer" temp jersey. I am looking for the PT fit with more weight.

makoti
10-04-2017, 05:22 PM

I have a PT LS Aero. A fave, to be sure.

metalheart
10-04-2017, 05:33 PM
I like the Classic II -- I can wear it on early morning to mid-day (90 degree) rides during the summer, with arm warmers it works well in the fall, and in the 40 degree days of winter in NorCal I can wear it with arm warmers and a vest and it is comfortable, although I might wear it under a jacket when it is closer to 40. It fits well for me, has a nice sturdy zipper, and the pockets can hold a bunch without sagging. Some folks complain the pockets are too high and that is a valid criticism, but not a deal breaker for me.

buckfifty
10-04-2017, 06:43 PM
I have a brevet jersey for cooler temps (50-70). Works well with warmers and base layer on cooler days and by itself when it reaches 65 and up. Club jerseys feel about the same warmth wise but not fit wise

pdmtong
10-04-2017, 08:38 PM
The PT LS jerseys are all great if 1) you can fit them (aero, my arms are too big) and 2) you are going faster.

Otherwise, the Classic LS has a pretty wide temperature range, good wind blocking and if you need it, more of a block cut.

makoti
10-04-2017, 09:31 PM
The PT LS jerseys are all great if 1) you can fit them (aero, my arms are too big) and 2) you are going faster.

Otherwise, the Classic LS has a pretty wide temperature range, good wind blocking and if you need it, more of a block cut.

Is that a "club cut"? Looser fit? I do like the snug fit of the PT stuff. Are the SS version of the Classics the same cut?

CNY rider
10-05-2017, 05:12 AM
If you're open to trying another brand.
I love the Rapha bibs so not biased against them......but I find the jerseys hit and miss.
My Boure jerseys have consistently been higher quality, better usability at a lower price.

madsciencenow
10-05-2017, 01:01 PM
Anything Rapha with merino in it paired with the merino arm warmers works well in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cgolvin
10-05-2017, 01:24 PM
Ditto the comment re: any of the merino blends.
Both the Classic II and Brevet qualify and will fit the bill, IMO.
For myself, I just size them down to get a fit that more closely resembles what you like in Pro Team: I wear Medium in PT and Small in Brevet.
Also, I find that if I wear one of their merino base layers with a lighter jersey and arm warmers I'm plenty warm in the chilly morning and comfortable when it warms up.

Johnnyg
10-05-2017, 01:30 PM
cross stuff is fantastic. for cooler conditions

R3awak3n
10-05-2017, 04:05 PM
I just bought the new classic II long sleeve and its SUPER nice, fits really well. I also have the classic short sleeve, this one is a bit roomier, which is nice so you can fit a long sleeve base layer on a colder morning.