PDA

View Full Version : Is My Shimano 7800 Front Derailleur Okay?

jberenyi
10-04-2017, 02:03 PM
Take a look at the outer cage and tell me if its okay looking. When I first inspected it, it had more bow in the middle than what I'm used to seeing. Maybe I'm wrong. Its now more flat in the middle and trailing on the ends. Let me know your thoughts everyone. If possible if someone can take a pic of there's in similar manner that would be awesome.

PS. Got this bike for friend and so much was jacked up on it so I don't trust anything right now. Already had to get new chainrings and rear derailleur and chain plus cables.

josephr
10-04-2017, 03:29 PM
I'd run it....FD dysfunction is generally related more to improper installation alignment.

nice stapler!

oldpotatoe
10-04-2017, 03:31 PM
Take a look at the outer cage and tell me if its okay looking. When I first inspected it, it had more bow in the middle than what I'm used to seeing. Maybe I'm wrong. Its now more flat in the middle and trailing on the ends. Let me know your thoughts everyone. If possible if someone can take a pic of there's in similar manner that would be awesome.

PS. Got this bike for friend and so much was jacked up on it so I don't trust anything right now. Already had to get new chainrings and rear derailleur and chain plus cables.

How does it work? If it works, doesn’t matter really, how it looks. If it doesn’t work, bending the cage some is common.