PDA

View Full Version : first gloucester race... west coast guys stay away

stevep
09-14-2006, 04:18 PM
with the first major cross race around the corner i want to warn all the west coast, south, midwest pretenders that tim johnson will school you all the first race at least... like last year.
come prepared for a mechanical or something... or else you will go home thrashed and saddened... at least with a flat you can maintain some dignity.
just trying to be helpful here.
ask serotta andrew about betting against johnson...he is still bitter.

coylifut
09-14-2006, 04:39 PM
with the first major cross race around the corner i want to warn all the west coast, south, midwest pretenders that tim johnson will school you all the first race at least... like last year.
come prepared for a mechanical or something... or else you will go home thrashed and saddened... at least with a flat you can maintain some dignity.
just trying to be helpful here.
ask serotta andrew about betting against johnson...he is still bitter.

i say the twin towers stuff him in a garbage can.

atmo
09-14-2006, 04:42 PM
black power atmo

72gmc
09-14-2006, 05:32 PM
i see that tim's better half is racing for cyclocrossworld on a "thorne" frame this year. anybody seen this new toy, er, tool?

bcm119
09-14-2006, 06:07 PM
i say the twin towers stuff him in a garbage can.
I concur; the twin towers are from Cow-vallis, and even transplants root for the home town heros.

Bruce K
09-14-2006, 06:32 PM
The "thorne frame" is a special edition Cannondale CAAD9 Optimo Cross Si (? on the Si part). It has an Easton fork, SRAM Force driveline, and Avid 6 brakes with Ksyrium wheels and (I think) Dugast tubulars.

I have seen Tim's bike which would make BBDave drool as it is black and yellow with the C'dale logo on the seat tube replaced with a cyclocrossworld logo.

Very light and very slick.

I believe the Besette and Ben Jaques-Maynes versions are similar though I have heard there will be 2 different rider kits.

BK

BumbleBeeDave
09-14-2006, 07:31 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW?!?!?!?!? . . .

Oh. My. Gawd. Gotta. Have. It!!

Bruce . . . I just picked up front and rear black 105 derailleurs for the FrankenBee Project. At this time i am still missing . . .

• 105 black brifters
• Headset (1" threadless, hopefully black)
• Bottom Bracket (who knows what size these D@MN things are--I can never tell!)
• Auxiliary brake levers
• Front brake hanger

Close, oh SO close! . . . I'm working on the decals--red and yellow.

This thing is going to be SO cool! Of course, I guess if I take it off the pavement it's going to get, uh, dirty, isn't it? #$%^*&@!!!

BBD

Bruce K
09-14-2006, 08:23 PM
Dave;

A 105 Octalink BB should be fine as long as you can get the right thread type.

Cane Creek used to make a black 1" headset, but your choices may be more limited these days.

Cyclocrossworld.com should have a 1", black, brake cable hanger.

Most auxiliary brake levers are black. Again, look a cyclocrossworld.com

Now just go find those shifter/brake levers. My recollection is that the black rubs off the 105 components over time.

BK

BumbleBeeDave
09-14-2006, 09:01 PM
. . . it's just the dough!

I'm gettin' there, though! :)

BBD

shinomaster
09-14-2006, 10:43 PM
[[SIZE=7]COLOR=Orange]TONKIN

shinomaster
09-14-2006, 10:44 PM
[[SIZE=7]COLOR=Orange]TONKIN

Wow, that's hilarious..

BumbleBeeDave
09-15-2006, 06:32 AM
Put down the beer bottle, back aways slowly from the keyboard, and go to bed.

Trust me on this--it's the right thing to do.

BBD

Bruce K
09-16-2006, 10:19 AM
I stopped by Stu Thorne's shop this morning during my ride and found that I was a little off on my frame description.

This year cyclossworld.com has 2 "teams" Tim Johnson is riding the Cannondale cyclocrossworld.com bike, while (I believe) Lynee Bessette and Ben Jaques-Maynes are riding the throne frames. They are starting the season on prototypes and will get at least one newer version before the end of the season, possibly two.

The Throne frame is called the Nommay, and is aluminum (the first version is Scandium). They are painted red with white decals (sorry Dave). Currently the frame is all aluminum, but Stu says there may be some carbon added to the rear before the frame goes into full production later this season.

I hope this helps clear some of this up.

BK