PDA

View Full Version : EPS V3; Troubles Pairing With MyCampy App

MaraudingWalrus
10-02-2017, 04:21 PM
We've just built up a bike that one customer/friend of ours is giving to another friend of ours for his birthday....a Bianchi Oltre XR4, SR EPSv3, Enve SES 7.8s to Onyx hubs, other goodies.

At any rate neither of us at the shop have been able to get the EPS to pair with our phone for the MyCampy app. My iPhone, the shop's iPad register, shop owner's android, my android tablet, none of them would ever show the bike when clicking in the "my eps" section of the app. Lots of refreshing, etc. Never showed up.

The setup was fine out of the box, doesn't seem to require any adjusting, so we don't really need to hook it up to our phones, but we imagine he will want to to so eventually when he gets his shiny new toy.

Found a long dead thread on maybe weightweenies where one guy was having similar problems, someone else just chimed in with saying that it takes about 20min of refreshing and trying. Anybody have a tip more useful than that?

Will email Jerry at Campy when I'm next back at the shop.

herb5998
10-02-2017, 05:54 PM
what steps are you going through when trying to pair with the V3 interface via bluetooth? Just curious as to what that is before throwing recommendations out.

MaraudingWalrus
10-02-2017, 05:58 PM
what steps are you going through when trying to pair with the V3 interface via bluetooth? Just curious as to what that is before throwing recommendations out.

Oh yes. I don't remember the exact phrasing, but it's pressing either of the mode buttons on the shifters and "pulling down" in the myeps section. Allegedly this should show what bikes are nearby, or request to enter the code. No area to enter in the id code for the unit appears, nor do any units ever show up.

herb5998
10-02-2017, 06:01 PM
Is the mode light turning green when pressing the button on either shifter? if that's good, you should be able to pair first via the normal bluetooth menu on the device (not myCampy to start) and paired using the number next to the QR scan on the V3 interface. Once that's done successfully, it should be good in MyCampy

MaraudingWalrus
10-02-2017, 06:04 PM
Is the mode light turning green when pressing the button on either shifter? if that's good, you should be able to pair first via the normal bluetooth menu on the device (not myCampy to start) and paired using the number next to the QR scan on the V3 interface. Once that's done successfully, it should be good in MyCampy

From memory I would say it's like a yellow green mountain dewy color. I never got it to show up in the Bluetooth menu of the phone. Will try this again when the bike is in my hands next.

Thanks

herb5998
10-02-2017, 06:06 PM
yeah, that's correct, V3 colors are a little different from V1/V2. That's strange. Perhaps try powering off the EPS system with the magnet, removing any stored pairings of the device on your mobile/laptop/tablet, and attempt pairing again.

cachagua
10-04-2017, 12:17 AM
The first few versions of neural-implant shifting are gonna be ugly. Guys'll just collapse like they've had a stroke, and it'll take 20 minutes of refreshing to revive them.