PDA

View Full Version : Bib tights with long inseam and no pad

sandyrs
10-02-2017, 10:19 AM
I am tall–6'5"– and have long legs for my height. This means that many bib tights I've tried have been too short in the leg. When they have stirrups, this stretches the legs, which can work but also makes them wear faster. When they do not have stirrups, my ankles get cold :(

Who makes bib tights with seriously long legs and no pad? I prefer to wear my summer bibs under tights that I do not need to wash after one use.

FlashUNC
10-02-2017, 10:20 AM
Rapha?

Their padless tights are pretty killer.

Mzilliox
10-02-2017, 10:25 AM
cafe du cycliste have a great non padded tight, but alas, im not long in the legs, so hard to say beyond that.

sandyrs
10-02-2017, 10:36 AM
cafe du cycliste have a great non padded tight, but alas, im not long in the legs, so hard to say beyond that.

They are super nice, but those are the ones that I killed prematurely because of the stirrups pulling the legs down.

I may check out Rapha, was hoping not to spend $300 on the Deep Winters but I bet they're really nice. Core could work too...

echelon_john
10-02-2017, 10:40 AM
not the most fashionable, but aerotechdesigns.com has pretty decent bib tights and good range of tall sizes for not a lot of dosh.

wouldn't hesitate to recommend, especially for a non-padded bib where you're not reliant on the quality of the chamois/pad.

Ralph
10-02-2017, 10:53 AM
not the most fashionable, but aerotechdesigns.com has pretty decent bib tights and good range of tall sizes for not a lot of dosh.

wouldn't hesitate to recommend, especially for a non-padded bib where you're not reliant on the quality of the chamois/pad.

Agree....they make very functional stuff.....good prices also.

fiamme red
10-02-2017, 10:58 AM
Boure will make you custom-fit tights for an extra $37.50.

http://www.boure.com/2526.html

http://www.boure.com/customfit.html

lhuerta
10-02-2017, 11:23 AM
...if you are tall and skinny, then Rapha will likely NOT work for you (good inseam length but I found bib straps are simply not long enough, even when in full riding position). I have had better luck with Assos, Giordana and Craft....all have longer inseams and appropriate bib straps for my liking.