PDA

View Full Version : Hard to find parts

bicycletricycle
10-02-2017, 12:21 AM
I am on the look out for a whole bunch of strange things, some of which are pretty hard to find. This evening I searched for "titanium nitto stem" for the millionth time and it finally worked! I first saw a threadless nitto stem 12 years ago and I am excited about having one, they are sort of clunky looking but I like them anyways.

You guys have any strange or rare parts you are looking out for? Cool stories about finally finding something? When you finally get some kind of strange rare part it can be a bit of a pain in the ass, sometimes requiring the assembly of a whole bicycle to compliment it.

How many people here buy parts they know they will never use? Some of the things on this list might not get used if I ever find them, I'll just look at them.

The long term list of strange things I want includes-

White industries LMDS rear derailleur
36h silver record cassette hubs, even better if they are the last generation of non oversized axles.
Black mavic starfish cranks
Black simplex shifters (got one more set this year)
Nitto titanium threadless stem
7700 gs rear derailleur (hoarding these)
Sweet 1.125 threadless stem
Westpine brakes
WTB mini roller cam Brakes
Mavic 577 hubset
Old cannondale black lightning bike for the cool black superbe bits
A jack Taylor in my size
A nice set of Boone titanium 110mm chainrings
Serotta titanium spacers with the nice little S machined in it
McMahon CNC machined delta brakes
Early Riv. all rounder with 26" wheels
Any Willits that fits
36 hole chorus rear hub, I have the front.
weigle ( I can dream)
Cannondale CAAD 6 saeco team frame 60cm
Kvale
Original roval wheels
118mm spaced WTB front hub
Crown race for a Star stainless 1.125 headset

And more if I think about it probably.

quickfeet
10-02-2017, 04:37 AM
I pretty much only gravitate towards rare parts it seems. This forum has been my safe place when it comes to finding them.

Aaron track chainring
Yanco tool rolls
Special color king headsets
King hubs
Campy record carbon brake levers only

merlincustom1
10-02-2017, 05:39 AM
How many people here buy parts they know they will never use? Some of the things on this list might not get used if I ever find them, I'll just look at them.

Dude, they have medication for that.:)
Happy hunting!

El Chaba
10-02-2017, 07:24 AM
I've had a few vintage projects in need of completion that I have been able to check off this year. One involved the location of a nice set of Weinmann Carrera 400 brakes. There were plenty of the more "pedestrian" Weinmann sets around, but it was a tough sell for their pro set as people viewed them as a "value" brand....In any event, the project called for themor it would be all wrong..

Second was a nice set of Stronglight Delta cranks. This was Stronglight's nice racing set in the late 80's-early 90's . They made them for about four years as the French market share was shrinking rapidly, so they were thin on the ground, too...

Locating this kind of stuff can be fun or frustrating......and there is a very thin line between the two...

oldpotatoe
10-02-2017, 07:50 AM
1997 Record TI hubset laced to rims

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Campagnolo-Record-Titanium-Ambrosio-Road-Bike-Wheel-Set-700c-8-Speed-/352175419232?hash=item51ff4a6f60:g:5KkAAOSwCXxZqVy S

Spaghetti Legs
10-02-2017, 08:23 AM
Cable adjuster for 1st gen Campy C Record rear derailleur.

When the group first came out it was friction shifting. They were originally sold with the Syncro I shifter set but now they seem to be sold only rarely at exhorbitant prices on eBay. Anyway I have managed to accumulate a couple.