PDA

View Full Version : Ritchey Compact Mixup?

Geoff
09-14-2006, 09:28 AM
I just recieved a WCS Compact crank from AEbike, However it does not look like the others that I have seen. The WCS I have seen has black arms with polished silver tips on the crank arms with a black big chain ring. Ritchey also makes a Pro version that has a completely black arm with a silver big chain ring.

Now the one I recieved has a completely black arm with the balck chain ring. It looks like its the Pro with the WCS chain ring. I would say that it was a switch, but the arms both have WCS painted on them.

Has anyone else seen a WCS that fits the description? AEbike says it is correct, but there web site has the picture that shows the balck and silver arms.

Any insight would be appreciated.

G

eddief
09-14-2006, 09:52 AM
and aebike does not post a disclaimer re: it might not look like the picture on the website, then I'd request a refund. i have done lots of business with them over the years, but try to be really careful due to the restocking fee for returns.

the wcs I bought from them quite some time ago does look the one in the picture on the site -- silver tipped arms, black outer and silver inner. not a bad looking crank in the wcs model.

shinomaster
09-14-2006, 10:59 AM
I've seen the WCS crank in all silver...It's probably just a different version not shown on the web site. If the arm said pro I may be concerned. Call Ritchey if you are worried.

eddief
09-14-2006, 12:32 PM
i've not seen all silver in the typical 34/50 compact config.

wish it was available that way.

Ken Robb
09-14-2006, 01:17 PM
my compact is black w/silver edges.