PDA

View Full Version : iPhone, iOS11 and bluetooth connectivity

LJohnny
09-30-2017, 02:32 PM
Anyone having issues with poor connectivity after going to iOS11?

I am on a 6+ and definitely have experienced a drop in signal quality. Poor connectivity to either Garmin 1000 or Fenix watch. Also even airpods have some static blips from time to time that were not there before...

I have done a few simple things like turning BT off, booting phone, activating BT again. Forgetting the devices and re-pairing. None of these have remedied the maladies.

dbnm
09-30-2017, 02:38 PM
The update has screwed up my phone / garmin connection. I now have to reboot the Garmin to get it to upload rides.

LJohnny
09-30-2017, 03:00 PM
Yeah, bummer. Connectivity before the update was rock solid. LiveTracking worked really well before. And notifications to the Fenix are broken as well.
Same as you, now the 1000 won't upload rides until I get home and it connects to Wi-Fi

rnhood
09-30-2017, 03:14 PM
If you use the iPhone to connect another Bluetooth device - a speaker for instance - then try removing this device (speaker or whatever the device is) from the iPhone Bluetooth connection in "Settings" before going on another ride. When I do this on my iPhone 6 (with latest update), then my iPhone connects to my Garmin 1000 just like it is suppose to. If I don't drop the device (Bluetooth speaker), then it seems to struggle to connect, and sometimes doesn't. Weird.

shoota
09-30-2017, 05:27 PM
Funny, I was having problems before the update but haven't since..

LJohnny
09-30-2017, 08:59 PM
Been playing with this a bit... did a network reset, and booting Bluetooth before starting the ride seems to help with the connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LJohnny
10-03-2017, 10:18 AM
Still having connection issues...

I have now done a full restore on the phone and that did not resolve the problem. Next step, as recommended by apple, is to physically check the phone at their store. Seems unlikely, since everything started with the firmware update?

ultraman6970
10-03-2017, 12:15 PM
http://cdn02.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/android-win-2-300x162.png

shoota
10-05-2017, 10:47 AM
Still having connection issues...

I have now done a full restore on the phone and that did not resolve the problem. Next step, as recommended by apple, is to physically check the phone at their store. Seems unlikely, since everything started with the firmware update?

Very, very unlikely.

djg21
10-05-2017, 11:27 AM
Very, very unlikely.

Maybe it’s the device to which you are trying to connect? I’ve been beta testing iOS 11 on my iPhone 7 since the first developer version became available. My iPhone connects without issue to my Garmin, my Powertap hubs, my AirPods, and other devices. The only issue I’ve had is connecting to my Toyota Entune audio system. Specifically, the audio system crashes and reboot at times when using Waze and after making hands free telephone calls. I’m pretty sure it’s an issue with the Bluetooth stack used by Toyota, and not an issue with iOS 11 per se.

LJohnny
10-05-2017, 06:40 PM
Very, very unlikely.

Yeah, I am about to cancel the appointment. No matter how you slice it, it would be a minimum of 2 hrs down the drain on a Saturday. I rather go for a ride, specially since Sunday is supposed to rain.
However, I have tried all things I can think off, other than the hardware check, but honestly how likely would it be for a firmware update to just fry the BT....

Maybe it’s the device to which you are trying to connect? I’ve been beta testing iOS 11 on my iPhone 7 since the first developer version became available. My iPhone connects without issue to my Garmin, my Powertap hubs, my AirPods, and other devices. The only issue I’ve had is connecting to my Toyota Entune audio system. Specifically, the audio system crashes and reboot at times when using Waze and after making hands free telephone calls. I’m pretty sure it’s an issue with the Bluetooth stack used by Toyota, and not an issue with iOS 11 per se.
In my case I am having issues with all devices to certain extend. AirPods get static and some intermittent blank spots sometimes. Fenix seems to looses connection frequently and Garmin pretty much never connects on its own anymore.

djg21
10-05-2017, 06:41 PM
What iOS are you on?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

LJohnny
10-05-2017, 06:51 PM
11.02 and the issues started after moving to 11. No issues before. Is there a way to roll back?

djg21
10-05-2017, 07:22 PM
11.02 and the issues started after moving to 11. No issues before. Is there a way to roll back?

Don’t think so. https://9to5mac.com/2017/10/04/downgrade-from-ios-11-back-to-ios-10/

But maybe try this?

https://www.tenorshare.com/ios-11/how-to-fix-iphone-bluetooth-issues-on-ios-11.html

LJohnny
10-05-2017, 07:36 PM
I did try the network reset and also did a full reset and restored from backup. So, other than rolling back back, I was out of ideas then hah!

shoota
10-09-2017, 12:55 PM
Guys try this, it fixed me right up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EoRFxaF7b0