PDA

View Full Version : The Man who hates bikes

dbnm
09-29-2017, 05:13 PM
This is really f*cked up.

https://303cycling.com/man-who-hates-bikes-and-shot-cyclists-faces-only-misdemeanors-make-your-voice-heard/

makoti
09-29-2017, 05:19 PM

https://303cycling.com/man-who-hates-bikes-and-shot-cyclists-faces-only-misdemeanors-make-your-voice-heard/

Move quick. It happens in two weeks. This guy sounds like a nutjob, for sure.

chris7ed
09-29-2017, 06:17 PM
I would struggle to control myself if somebody shot my wife. Not sure how I'd react. The guy is nuts for sure. Squirrel and a bike rider are both annoying and deserved to be blasted.

Louis
09-29-2017, 06:48 PM

Nah - these days that's perfectly normal.

He's just trying to make America great again.

54ny77
09-29-2017, 06:52 PM
done.

thank you for the heads up.

ultraman6970
09-29-2017, 07:22 PM
This sucks, and the judge sure wont use this sucker to dictate a decent sentence to deter everybody before doing stuff like this.

We need a judge dreed now a days IMO.

oldpotatoe
09-30-2017, 07:14 AM

Done...if he had shot my wife, they would be calling an ambulance, along with the cops, for him..or a coroner.

Cicli
09-30-2017, 07:49 AM
Done...if he had shot my wife, they would be calling an ambulance, along with the cops, for him..or a coroner.

Yep,
I would be willing to spend time in jail protecting my wife.

soulspinner
09-30-2017, 07:52 AM

yup.

BobO
09-30-2017, 09:49 AM

Same here.

azrider
09-30-2017, 11:24 AM
make America great again.

Crap like this that makes me come here less and less. Guess it's not enough to hear this crap on News, NFL, now bike forum.

Oy......

AJosiahK
09-30-2017, 12:02 PM
Emailed and wow, this is ridiculous !

+1
Yep,
I would be willing to spend time in jail protecting my wife.

yup.

gemship
09-30-2017, 12:31 PM
Crap like this that makes me come here less and less. Guess it's not enough to hear this crap on News, NFL, now bike forum.

Oy......

I can totally relate but just for the sake of pinpointing the crap your referring to was it the post you quoted or the the post that started the thread? Saying that because I personally find irony in how there are many bicycle related subjects that involve violence,politics,and some other arguable stuff that can and will derail the spirit of our mutual love for all things bicycle.

azrider
09-30-2017, 12:44 PM
I can totally relate but just for the sake of pinpointing the crap your referring to was it the post you quoted or the the post that started the thread? Saying that because I personally find irony in how there are many bicycle related subjects that involve violence,politics,and some other arguable stuff that can and will derail the spirit of our mutual love for all things bicycle.

Post quoted. Snide comments reflecting the current political sh*tstorm (whichever side you're on) are just completely unnecessary on a bike forum IMO. At work, on the news, NFL, FB (which is about to be deleted), bike forums......it's getting out of hand.

BobO
09-30-2017, 12:48 PM
Post quoted. Snide comments reflecting the current political sh*tstorm (whichever side you're on) are just completely unnecessary on a bike forum IMO. At work, on the news, NFL, FB (which is about to be deleted), bike forums......it's getting out of hand.

Agreed, not everything is political. It's gotten beyond tiresome.

gemship
09-30-2017, 12:52 PM

I hear ya. Regarding the NFL I'm not a huge game viewer but dammed if I don't get peeved by how the purity of the game is lost to this cause or that. I didn't like it when they wore pink but I get it. I just think they distract from the game. I don't see taking a knee to the anthem as a disrespectful gesture but it sure is a distraction.

William
09-30-2017, 01:01 PM
Nah - these days that's perfectly normal.

He's just trying to make America great again.

Politics only get injected here if people go out of their way to do it. It's called self control...and if you can't control it, any of the mods can and will give time outs so you can work on it.

A reminder...

So what is The Paceline for?

• For viewing and browsing or for posting civil discussions by cycling enthusiasts about almost any cycling-related topic, whether products, history, lore, events, bike fit or physical fitness, the riding experience, etc.

• To discuss a variety of "off topic" non-cycling subjects within the bounds of usefulness and good taste as determined by the moderators...

The Paceline Forum is NOT . . .

• For persons to express negative feelings for persons of any gender, race, religion, national origin, etc. The Paceline will not tolerate bigotry in any form, including posts intended to incite expressions of bigotry from others.

• For individuals or companies to promote their products, goods, services or themselves. If you are interested in advertising on The Paceline, please contact the moderators. Our rates are very reasonable and you can help support the site while reaching a targeted audience. While manufacturers, designers, frame builders, sponsored riders and others with a connection to the industry are welcome to post, and even encouraged to do so, we ask these people to focus on providing information and participating in the discourse rather than on engaging in pure promotion.

• For individuals or companies in the bicycle (or any other) industry to denigrate or disparage a competitor, a competitor's product or a competitor's service.

• For commercial purposes. The Paceline classified section, in particular, is intended for private party cycling gear for sale, or gear wanted postings only. A "private party" is an individual who is not engaged in an ongoing cycling-related business endeavor, and whose posting is not related to an ongoing cycling-related business endeavor of any kind. The Paceline Classified forum exists so that forum members can sell their used, personal equipment and gear. It is NOT intended for traders who buy new equipment elsewhere (i.e, Ebay, Craigslist), which is intended for resale. Also note that the classfied section is the only place where items may be advertised for sale by members. No listings of items for sale are allowed in other sections or via thread titles, signature lines, or other posting elements.

• For anyone whose obvious purpose in the view of the moderators is to harass, threaten, anger, slander, or discredit other forum members.

• For discussion of partisan political topics. If a discussion devolves into partisan politics it will be shut down by the moderators and the thread may be deleted. Experience has taught us these discussions inevitably deteriorate.

• For posting personal information (e-mail address, address, telephone, etc.) of any individual other than yourself.

William

azrider
09-30-2017, 01:04 PM

Back to OP........guy is a straight up psychopath and should sit behind some bars for a little while.

What a nutbag.

gemship
09-30-2017, 01:09 PM
Back to OP........guy is a straight up psychopath and should sit behind some bars for a little while.

What a nutbag.

Yep that about sums it up. I'm not a mod and I won't tell folks what to say on here but I will say stuff like this is just cut and dry. He's a one in a thousand kinda nut job that probably was just playing the worst hand he ever had as he never was playing with a full deck. He probably got bored with shooting squirrels cause they are too small and fast OTOH sooner rather than later he probably would've shot anyone.