PDA

View Full Version : Danielson redeems himself

nm87710
09-13-2006, 10:59 AM
Giro: Great ride by Danielson today taking the stage V while moving up four GCspots into GC6th. Worked damn hard w/Vino helping Vino take GC1 by 9sec. Danielson is getting stronger and better every day with another mountain day tomorrow. Great racing!!

bostondrunk
09-13-2006, 11:00 AM
Giro: Great ride by Danielson today taking the stage V while moving up four GCspots into GC6th. Worked damn hard w/Vino helping Vino take GC1 by 9sec. Danielson is getting stronger and better every day with another mountain day tomorrow. Great racing!!

Good spoiler, dork.

Anyhow, lets be honest, racing is boring since armstrong and ulrich left the sport

saab2000
09-13-2006, 11:02 AM
Terrific job on the 'spoiler' in the title. To be honest, I don't really care.

Is there still pro racing? I am watching the Twins try to win the AL Central. Baseball rules.

Big Dan
09-13-2006, 11:09 AM
I'm with you Saab...Go Twins.............. :)

Although the freaking Marlins keep winning down here, not a soul in the stadium.

:p

atmo
09-13-2006, 11:21 AM
Good spoiler, dork.

Anyhow, lets be honest, racing is boring since armstrong and ulrich left the sport
no worries -
xmas is coming atmo.

bostondrunk
09-13-2006, 11:26 AM
no worries -
xmas is coming atmo.

What are you, stupid??? That syringe is way too big!! Test and EQ will go just fine through a 25 gauge....geeeez....
:p

PS. How is ma frame gonna be built if you are playing on the net?? :D

atmo
09-13-2006, 11:29 AM
PS. How is ma frame gonna be built if you are playing on the net?? :D
i'll have sumgai build it atmo.

LegendRider
09-13-2006, 11:32 AM
no worries -
xmas is coming atmo.

shouldn't that be hannukah?

fiamme red
09-13-2006, 11:37 AM
i'll have sumgai build it atmo.Sumgai, the legendary fountain-pen collector?

http://www.michpens.com/html/pen_sumgai.html

“I had a big box of old pens, there were some yellow ones and some red & black ones and some of them even had snakes wrapped around them, yuck, but none of them would write, so I sold them to SOME GUY who came in about an hour ago for $20.”

atmo
09-13-2006, 11:46 AM
Sumgai, the legendary fountain-pen collector?

http://www.michpens.com/html/pen_sumgai.html

“I had a big box of old pens, there were some yellow ones and some red & black ones and some of them even had snakes wrapped around them, yuck, but none of them would write, so I sold them to SOME GUY who came in about an hour ago for $20.”

i was doing the sumgai shtick in the 80s.
i know sumgai; he's no sumgai atmo.

Chris
09-13-2006, 11:50 AM
I'm with you guys... I've never been a big fan of the Vuelta anyway, but now that all of european pro cycling has lost its luster, I haven't checked the results one time on the Vuelta. It's a three week stage race in Spain. There is absolutely NO way that the winner is clean. It's like obtuse on the far end of Bourbon Street in his chaps. It's just a given.

J.Greene
09-13-2006, 11:55 AM
I'm with you guys... I've never been a big fan of the Vuelta anyway, but now that all of european pro cycling has lost its luster, I haven't checked the results one time on the Vuelta. It's a three week stage race in Spain. There is absolutely NO way that the winner is clean. It's like obtuse on the far end of Bourbon Street in his chaps. It's just a given.

LA on his final tour podium..... finally the last thing I’ll say to the people who don’t believe in cycling, the cynics and the sceptics. I'm sorry for you. I’m sorry that you can’t dream big. I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles. But this is one hell of a race. This is a great sporting event and you should stand around and believe it. You should believe in these athletes, and you should believe in these people. I'll be a fan of the Tour de France for as long as I live. And there are no secrets - this is a hard sporting event and hard work wins it.

JG

bostondrunk
09-13-2006, 11:58 AM
LA on his final tour podium..... finally the last thing I’ll say to the people who don’t believe in cycling, the cynics and the sceptics. I'm sorry for you. I’m sorry that you can’t dream big. I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles. But this is one hell of a race. This is a great sporting event and you should stand around and believe it. You should believe in these athletes, and you should believe in these people. I'll be a fan of the Tour de France for as long as I live. And there are no secrets - this is a hard sporting event and hard work wins it.

JG

WHats wrong with what he said?? I still love the TDF. I just think it sucks that Armstrong, Basso and Ulrich are gone. No secrets? Thats right, there weren't any, cause if you didn't already realize there was doping, you were stupid. It is a hard sport, and these guys spend,what, 4-7 hours a day training? I'd say that qualifies as hard work, drugs or not.
You guys seem happy watching baseball. Um....those guys are all on drugs too, in case ya didn't know!

Bittersweet
09-13-2006, 12:06 PM

What is different about the luster now? A big American name got busted in a big race and opened up everyone to talking about what we all should have already known. Luster is no different for me than when we opened the season with the classics - SSDD.

This was a great stage: bikes, rain, steep climbs, break aways, aggressive attacks, suffering, changes in GC ....

saab2000
09-13-2006, 12:11 PM
I'd say that qualifies as hard work, drugs or not.
You guys seem happy watching baseball. Um....those guys are all on drugs too, in case ya didn't know!

Don't misunderstand. I love the excitement of a good race and I don't care when they are screaming towards the finish if they are juiced or not. A good race is a good race. I will continue to watch it. I always have. Don't take that as an endorsement of cheating. It is not. But a good race remains a good race. Virenque winning Paris-Tours in 2001 was a good race. Cipollini winning his World Championship was a good race.

But watching cycling does not come at the expense of watching baseball. It is also cool game. And it is also tainted severely with asterisks. Barry Bonds prolly took steroids. He might break one of baseball's most sacred records. But most people forget that even if he took steroids and developed power, he has been a good hitter his whole career. Hitting a sinking, split-finger fastball will not be helped with steroids.

And baseball is another sport that can induce heart failure if your team is making a comeback in the 7th game.

I like cycling and baseball for different reasons, but I do like baseball.

nm87710
09-13-2006, 12:14 PM
Good spoiler, dork.

Sorry, nada Vuelta discussion on dis forum. Figured nobody would care. Anywho, GAL.

Dorkingly your spoiler

Endless Goods
09-13-2006, 12:17 PM
Good for him.

Personally, I lose interest in racing after the Spring Classics...and focus on my own sorry riding.

J.Greene
09-13-2006, 12:21 PM
cause if you didn't already realize there was doping, you were stupid.

No fight here buddy, but I think you just offended about 15 million yellow wristbands who still can't come to grips with all this.

JG

atmo
09-13-2006, 12:21 PM
graham took this pic (http://velonews.com/race/int/articles/10860.0.html) . the guy's hands are
closed. that means he's making two fists.
graham - if he makes a fist, what does that
mean atmo?

sellsworth
09-13-2006, 12:28 PM
I think that today's stage was superb - great racing. How Vino took all that time from Valverde was very impressive.

Even with all of the doping talk I still love professional cycling. I love the geography, the stage profiles, the strategies, and the bikes. I think that doping became as much a part of cycling as speeding has become with our automobile driving. Everyone knows that speeding occurs all the time and some get caught, but we still do it. If we want to buckle down on speeding/doping then so be it, but it doesn't take away from the larger picture for me.

coylifut
09-13-2006, 12:41 PM
it's been a great Vuelta. And the 3 Lombardy races are coming as well.

Redturbo
09-13-2006, 01:13 PM
Hey you guys are getting off topic here. Lets get back to NM87710 being a DORK. :banana: :banana: :banana: :D

sellsworth
09-13-2006, 01:19 PM
Hey you guys are getting off topic here. Lets get back to NM87710 being a DORK. :banana: :banana: :banana: :D

I don't mind spoilers either. If I didn't want to know about what happened in a bike race I certainly wouldn't think about visiting any cycling forum.

67-59
09-13-2006, 01:37 PM
Hitting a sinking, split-finger fastball will not be helped with steroids.

Steroids won't change whether you make contact with the pitch, but for those pitches where you do make contact, they'll change it from a harmless flyout to a monster home run....

Biggest beneficiaries of Barry's steroid usage: (1) Barry, (2) Boat rental shops on SF bay.... Where will #2 go when Barry retires?

Fivethumbs
09-13-2006, 01:49 PM
+1

nm87710
09-13-2006, 01:59 PM

For you it's Sir Dork. Don't forget it! :p

Now back to the what's up with all the doping-pro-cycling-TDF talk.

P.S. DOPING SPOILER-----stop now, look away if you don't want to know what's happening in pro-dope-cycling today. An ex-pro-cycling-DR-doper-WADA-directorsportif is about to come out of the dope closet and point the finger at LA. There, it's finally out!! :banana:

obtuse
09-13-2006, 02:25 PM

yeah but it could be the difference between manny ramirez catching it and it winding up on on yawkey way....unless timlin's pitching in which case it will wind up on yawkey way in eiter case.

obtuse

Fat Robert
09-13-2006, 03:56 PM

au contraire

no anabolic agent improves motor skills or coordination, but a little boost in bat speed can turn a foul tip into a double

now bernie carbo

there's your hitter bub

GoJavs
09-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Tomorrow will be something special. There's nothing like a couple of stars that missed the action in Tour looking for redemption - although to be honest, I think Valverde has had an incredible season (FW, LBL) already. :)