PDA

View Full Version : OT: Life Insurance after Heart Attack/Meds

heartattackride
09-23-2017, 01:44 PM
Back in 2001 I survived 2 heart attacks at 36, now 52. In the last 3-5 years of random attempts of having brokers look into it and researching myself I cannot find life insurance due to my meds and past heart attack. FYI I'm self employed, healthy, get reg check ups and Echo's, Nuclear tests, I'm allowed to do whatever I want by my docs.
I can find no question low $ policies ($5K-$10K) but nothing in the $250K + range.

Have any of you fellow heart attack survivors found any life insurance? Recommendations?

Thanks,
Eric

rnhood
09-23-2017, 02:02 PM
After two heart attacks you will always be high risk, regardless of what you can do today. And meds certainly don't help the risk issue. I personally don't like life insurance and consider it poor value. There are other avenues for future planning.

Bruce K
09-23-2017, 02:07 PM
We can't get my wife life insurance at virtually any price due to her pre-existing conditions and meds.

Pretty much the same for long-term health care insurance.

The insurance companies want low risk and high return.

BK

Blown Reek
09-23-2017, 05:19 PM
You guys should just let the free market do its thing, and you'll be just fine. Just fine.

bigbill
09-23-2017, 06:35 PM
I can't get life insurance except through a high risk offering via VA. Like others said, use other means to achieve financial security for your loved ones.

classtimesailer
09-23-2017, 09:16 PM
I gave up my life insurance when the kids turned 18 and I had 3 open heart surgeries. 7-10 k miles per year should make it affordable but whatever.