PDA

View Full Version : Box one???

ultraman6970
09-21-2017, 09:19 AM
Did not know this company, well im not into bmx nor MTB but this thing looks super cool specially because it can be taken appart like nothing, the best thing IMO is the potential to just swap the position of the mechanism and they can get a road shifter big time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhoa1337z7U

MattTuck
09-21-2017, 12:48 PM
I always like more competition. But I have to ask, is the future in mechanical or electronic for mountain biking? I don't follow mtb enough to know.

I personally think there would be a market for fairly priced, durable components that don't change year after year. Once you get on that treadmill, it has to be very tough.

sandyrs
09-21-2017, 01:17 PM
I always like more competition. But I have to ask, is the future in mechanical or electronic for mountain biking? I don't follow mtb enough to know.

I personally think there would be a market for fairly priced, durable components that don't change year after year. Once you get on that treadmill, it has to be very tough.

I think the future has to be in mechanical for "privateer" riders. The rates at which things break, rattle around, get hit with rocks, get caked in mud etc. are all higher (at least where trail conditions make it so, like in New England), and components don't last as long as a result. The rich/fancy riders will always get the latest and greatest but 99% of the riders I see at MTB races and out on the trails run mechanical. I've seen more XTR di2 derailleurs at cyclocross races than MTB races.

ultraman6970
09-21-2017, 04:23 PM
Matt you got a good point... this dudes of box looks like already have a good design that works, why to change it? I do get to do improvements to the products but do improvements just because every year is just silly (shimano) to the point of being ridiculous because put the clients in a bad spot.