PDA

View Full Version : Ben Serotta signing frame?

rideforfun
09-12-2006, 12:15 PM
Ben will be in Cincinnati this weekend with some demo bikes at Oakley Cycles. I hope to get him to sign my frame. I was thinking of using a sharpie? Any one have other suggestions? What about protecting the signature after?
Arancio

swoop
09-12-2006, 12:30 PM
they make pens that use paint... sort of felt tip paint markers and then you can clear coat it. i think the easiest thing to do is jst kidnap ben and clearcoat him.

if things get really bad for you.. he probably does taste like chicken.

djg
09-12-2006, 12:51 PM
Perma marker and brush-on (or masked spray-on) clear coat? Art supply stores are likely to have paint sticks (including oil paint), but these may well leave quite a bit more texture than you'd like.

Serpico
09-12-2006, 12:57 PM
hand him a piece of scotch tape and ask him to write his name backwards on the adhesive side, then stick it on the top tube

bike value will skyrocket imho

Ti Designs
09-12-2006, 01:04 PM
My bike says Serotta on the top tube, down tube, seat tube and chainstays. It also has the Serotta "S" on the head tube and the seat stays. I don't see the point in adding another... If you need Ben's signature, it's on the frame geneology card that comes with the frame. The card is signed by everyone who has a hand in it's production, 'cept Kelly for some reason.

Fixed
09-12-2006, 01:35 PM
go to the art store and buy a paint pen
he signed my old serotta a few years ago.
I gave him the paint pen I think it was the first one he had used.
cheers

Spinsistah
09-13-2006, 02:03 PM
He signed my frame and I asked him what I should get beforehand. He told me to get a paint marker with an extra fine tip. They sell them at craft stores. Be aware that lubricants, etc. will cause it to run and come off. It won't stick on paint nearly as well as titanium either.

BumbleBeeDave
09-13-2006, 02:38 PM
I'll, ah, get him to sign it--yeah, THAT's the ticket!--and then send it, uh, back to you really qui--uuh, eventually. Yeah, THAT's it! Eee-ventually! . . . ;)

A special deal--just for YOU!

BBD

Serotta PETE
09-13-2006, 03:00 PM
I'll, ah, get him to sign it--yeah, THAT's the ticket!--and then send it, uh, back to you really qui--uuh, eventually. Yeah, THAT's it! Eee-ventually! . . . ;)

A special deal--just for YOU!

BBD

Dave, come on down to Georgia on the 24th for a ride....They have "non-flat" roads..... :banana:

Hope all is going well. My tire in rear was flat when I took it out of car following TDFL.

PETE

aj4e
09-14-2006, 08:25 AM
My bike says Serotta on the top tube, down tube, seat tube and chainstays. It also has the Serotta "S" on the head tube and the seat stays. I don't see the point in adding another... If you need Ben's signature, it's on the frame geneology card that comes with the frame. The card is signed by everyone who has a hand in it's production, 'cept Kelly for some reason.

If he wants to have Ben sign his bike, why do you care?

sc53
09-14-2006, 12:24 PM
If your frame's an Ottrott, ask Ben to sign in the "Magneto" font discussed in another thread today. :banana: