PDA

View Full Version : Making friends through the Forum

Smiley
04-18-2004, 04:09 PM
My wife does not think I am crazy anymore , infact she now has started to refer to our new forum friends by their web names . This weekend we had a chance to get to know BBDave better ( I knew he was nuts but my wife had not met the guy ) fact is between meeting BeeMan and Craig "csb" and finally finding out who OldMill was as well as pbBob we can't tell you how great it is to make the friendship of all these new bike entusiasts. Fact is my wife is now really looking forward to the Serotta Open House so she is not left out of the crazy stories that I share with her when I have been there the last 2 years. I know I can't wait to introduce her to Ahnieda Ride as well as Bruce K and I am hoping we get a chance to visit with Climb too. Fact is there's Ginger and maybe she can convince VC to show up and we'll be having a great time. It looks like The Bates Motel is the place to be and I need to make sure my room is in Keno and Pete's quad as they'll have the booze and Satellite radio going. I hope this medium has also afforded you the chance to make new friends as we really have appreciated knowing Keno , Pete , Spoke and Kevan as we'll as the local suspects of Sandy and Fly etc.
Craig (csb) if your reading this we need your web link to check out your art work. And Kevan your baking skills are on par with Betty Crocker . Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this circle. I do cherish it.
Open House be there or be left out !

Too Tall
04-18-2004, 04:25 PM
Three cheers for Mr and Mrs. hospitality. Smiley, I've said it before and won't quit saying it...you will not be happy until ALL your friends live within shouting distance. That's not a bad thing :)

Hip Hip Hurray!

Climb01742
04-18-2004, 04:45 PM
what smiley said goes double for me. i'm really looking forward to meeting folks at the open house. unfortunately, meeting you folks may only convince my sig-other that i am crazy. i'm cool with that. :p

Kevan
04-18-2004, 08:15 PM
Traffic was booking so I made great time, but I'm completely spent and happy to be amongst my family who were gracious enough to let me go play with my friends this weekend. I'm tired and need to keep this short.

Karen and Smiley, thank you. Your hospitality showed no bounds and I don't think there was a person there that had anything less than the best time. Well wait....maybe except for Geneva, BBD's wonderful teenage daughter, who had to tolerate a bunch of middle aged men constantly analyzing bicycle construction and reviewing road conditions.

To The fine folks at Serotta, while you enjoy your Monday morning coffee and perhaps steal a moment to see what this board has done over the weekend, please know that it is you who have brought the best people together with a common passion. Without this forum I would never have met some of the nicest people. Well...except for Sandy. :D

csb
04-18-2004, 09:42 PM

Sandy
04-18-2004, 09:49 PM
As I told some of you over the weekend, if I walked into a room with 20 dogs that I did not know, I would be very relaxed and would be interacting with them in a very natural and easy manner. If the room had 20 unknown people, I would probably be the most quiet and reserved one in the crowd.

But after participating in the Serotta forum, and getting up the nerve to ride with Smiley, Karen, and his crew, I really found a most amazing group of individuals. They share my passion for cycling, but even more importantly, the group is really comprised of genuinely sincere, caring, sensitive, and wonderful people. I am most relaxed within the ever growing group and find it a very important and meaningful part of my life.

Karen and Smiley simply project wamth and friendship in a most open and direct manner. They really are 2 very special people. I feel honored to have been extended their friendship.

What is starting to bother me, a little, is that I actually am getting to like Calfee Kevan. What is wrong with me? He can surely make his Luna Pro get up and go.

Our 10 person ride today into the city was just great, even though I pedaled to Smiley's and Karen's at 6:45 AM, only to meet Kevan's time constraints. As I went home for a little while on Saturday, before going back to Smiley's for the after ride activities, I did not have the opportunity to spend some time with a few of you. Craig, it was a genuine pleasure meeting you- Obviously a superior individual and cyclist. BBDave- great meeting you and your lovely daughter. You are as I magined- Genuine, bright, articulate and a lot of fun. Ditto to the other new Serotta Smiley group cyclsts.

S A N D Y

MarleyMon
08-14-2007, 05:27 PM
But after participating in the Serotta forum... I really found a most amazing group of individuals. They share my passion for cycling, but even more importantly, the group is really comprised of genuinely sincere, caring, sensitive, and wonderful people...

I thought I'd dredge up this OLD thread to foster some POSITIVE VIBRATIONS (yea-ah).

I like the title.

Ginger
08-14-2007, 05:36 PM
Uh oh...Smiley...check Karin...

She met BruceK. I think I might have photos proving it!

Honest.

Of course, in photos these days it appears that he's half the man he used to be...so meeting him again would probably be a good thing. Go Bruce GO!

Bruce K
08-14-2007, 05:49 PM
Thanks M-A.

I thought I was having a "Senior Moment" as I thought I was clearly remembering riding with Smiley and Karin at the last "official" Open Hosue.

BK

Fixed
08-14-2007, 06:03 PM
bro i like to think of you cats as my friends .cheers

Ginger
08-14-2007, 06:04 PM
Thanks M-A.

I thought I was having a "Senior Moment" as I thought I was clearly remembering riding with Smiley and Karin at the last "official" Open Hosue.

BK
No Bruce, it's not you. It's smiley.

Fixed. Of course!

Karin Kirk
08-14-2007, 06:25 PM
Thanks M-A.

BK
Do you mean Karin or Karen? You're messin' with me.

Smiley
08-14-2007, 06:48 PM
Karen :)

old post that was dug up again ! I do like my man Ahnieda Ride :banana:

Bruce K
08-14-2007, 08:26 PM
Nope, not you Mrs. Kirk, I rode with Mrs. Smiley.

BK

Ahneida Ride
08-14-2007, 09:04 PM
The Serotta "Open House Re-Union" was a blast !!!!!

I am so glad this thread was revived!
Brings back fond and pleasant memories.