PDA

View Full Version : Experience w/ Zipp SL Speed vs. ENVE seatpost

many_styles
09-10-2017, 11:53 PM
Hello Forumites,

Looking to get some cushion for my Moots. My current post is the Moots cincher, which is the best post I've used as far as saddle angle and fore/aft adjustment.

My question is, are either the Zipp (SL Speed) or ENVE's with 2 bolt adjustment similar in ease of adjustment as the Moots?

Cheers,
Alex

SoCalSteve
09-11-2017, 12:14 AM
Hello Forumites,

Looking to get some cushion for my Moots. My current post is the Moots cincher, which is the best post I've used as far as saddle angle and fore/aft adjustment.

My question is, are either the Zipp (SL Speed) or ENVE's with 2 bolt adjustment similar in ease of adjustment as the Moots?

Cheers,
Alex

The Moots is by far the best, easiest and best ( see what I did there ) seatpost for ease of adjustment hands down,by far, the BEST seatpost there is, bar none.

Did I happen to mention it's the best for ease of adjustments?

many_styles
09-11-2017, 12:16 AM
The Moots is by far the best, easiest and best ( see what I did there ) seatpost for ease of adjustment hands down,by far, the BEST seatpost there is, bar none.

Did I happen to mention it's the best for ease of adjustments?

THE only fault the Moots has is it can't accept oval/carbon seat rails!

nmrt
09-11-2017, 08:28 AM
A bit of an old article but a must read if you need to know which seatposts are stiffest, which absorb vibrations better, and which are easiest to use. They also show differences between straight and setback posts and between different materials -- carbon, Ti, and Al.

http://www.velonews.com/2012/12/training-center/technology/from-the-pages-of-velo-getting-the-most-from-your-post_267560

Gummee
09-11-2017, 12:14 PM
I've run the same Dean Ti post on a number of bikes over the years and have found differences in how the thing does depends on how much is sticking out of the ST

If I have the Dean post on a road bike with 4-6" sticking out from the ST, it feels just like any other seatpost.

If I have the Dean post on a mtn bike with appx 12" sticking out, it's a flexy, traction-assisting, bump-reducing help.

So... if you only have a few inches of seatpost showing, ain't nuthin gonna help much.

HTH

M

sparky33
09-11-2017, 06:12 PM
The Enve 2-bolt is maddening and awkward.

Fizik has a smart design but it's hard to say if it rides any different.

andeww
09-11-2017, 06:30 PM
The Enve single bolt is super easy to adjust and use. However the ride quality between that and a $7 alloy post has done nothing for me.