PDA

View Full Version : HED customer service shoutout

batman1425
09-04-2017, 09:31 AM
This post is long overdue, but thought I would share a great experience from the guys up in Minneapolis. A few months back I was deep in gravel build mode with a Foundry frame that I got here and was collecting the various bits I needed to built it up. Had a reasonably tight budget and was looking for good value in alloy disc clinchers. Was looking for durability, price, and weight - mostly in that order.

Lots of research later - came across the HED Ardennes GP's. I had a set of LT+'s on the rim brake road bike that I love, and used to have Jet6's for my race wheels. Nothing but good experiences, so went that way. What sealed the deal was that they were advertised at 1560g and a reputable online shop had them on sale. Win - win.

Wheels arrive, they are no where close to 1560g. Closer to 1800, have the wrong spokes and look like the wrong hub shells based on the description I had from HEDs website. A bunch of back and fourth with the shop and HED and what we discovered is that HED's product information on their website was wrong. I talked to a rep at HED and he said they were going through some website renovations and somehow the product descriptions on the Ardennes Disc pages got jumbled and the wrong descriptions were listed.

I was bummed to say the least, and asked if they would give me a trade up to the LT's which would be a closer match to the weight and build materials that were listed on the website. HED took full responsibility, apologized, fixed the website problem, and did me one better. They special built me a fresh new set of top of the line Ardennes SL+ in my specified rotor and axle compatibility THAT DAY at their Minneapolis area factory. They shipped them to me with a return label to send mine GP's back to them once I received the new ones. I figured they would at least want mine back before sending out an unpaid for $1200 wheel set on faith... Nope. Talked to the guys on the phone, they said no problem, really sorry for your poor experience, just send back yours in the same box the new ones arrive in when you have a chance... :eek:

Great folks running that company, making great products, and delivering outstanding customer service. You can bet that I'll be continuing to buy and ride their stuff. The SL+'s are outstanding BTW!

Thanks HED!

Bruce K
09-04-2017, 09:49 AM
Long time customer.

Nothing has changed from when Steve and Anne ran it together.

Anne and her kids continue the legacy.

BK

David Kirk
09-04-2017, 10:37 AM
HED is top shelf and I'm proud to use their wheels on my bikes.

dave

Vientomas
09-04-2017, 10:51 AM
Plus 1 here. Bought a used set of Stinger 4's with a Shimano freehub from a forum member. Bought a Campy freehub from Ebay. Did not know I needed a Campy specific dust cap. LBS was unable to source one. Called HED direct and had it in a copule of days at 1/3 the price the LBS wanted. Very helpful and nice folks at HED. Love the Stingers!!!