PDA

View Full Version : 3T Palladio Seat post movement?

paredown
09-03-2017, 03:25 PM
New toy--but no joy.

Using a fairly standard SLR XP saddle with round Vanox rails.

The 3T has what I think are the standard end caps--not marked 'round' like the new ones--just states Max Torque 5 Nm. on caps.

Tightened up, there is an annoying amount of movement nose up/nose down--back and forth tightens fine, but it is like there is movement in the ratcheting mechanism inside the head.

Bought used. I see a little wear on the aluminum channel where the rails go.

Any experience and/or any thoughts?

macaroon
09-03-2017, 03:36 PM
**** seatpost.

Try some carbon paste or something?

paredown
09-04-2017, 12:39 PM
**** seatpost.

Try some carbon paste or something?

Movement is in the center section--I think because the outside clamps don't tighten enough. Carbon paste isn't the answer.

David Kirk
09-04-2017, 12:54 PM
If it's the post I'm thinking of it's a catastrophically bad design and they are prone to doing this.

Many good posts on the market and sadly this isn't one of them.

dave

paredown
09-04-2017, 02:45 PM
If it's the post I'm thinking of it's a catastrophically bad design and they are prone to doing this.

Many good posts on the market and sadly this isn't one of them.

dave

I love the simplicity of the design, but I'm tending to think that they failed on the execution--in the case of my saddle, it seems like the Vanox rails are a little wider spaced than usual, so you can't generate enough clamping force since it relies on clamping sideways, not up and down. Lots of threads with people struggling with ovalized rails as well. It's like they tested it on one ideal saddle and sent it out into the world.

The newer version looks like they changed the bolts and offered multiple shapes for the clamp faces, but I guess this Version 1 will go back on eBay...