PDA

View Full Version : Tour de Georgia Yellow Jersey Ceremonies ticket raffle

M_A_Martin
04-17-2004, 09:52 PM
I probably won't be in Georgia for the Tour de Georgia, however I thought I'd pass this along to those who might be and who might be interested in bidding on tickets to get into the Jersey Ceremony. The local club is trying to raise money for a mtb trail.

Joanna's email is:

joanna@webworkz.com

Hello to All Cyclists,
This is being sent out to not only those who have registered for the "Bald" ride, but those who have e-mailed, inquired, and who may be interested in the following info.
Only one week left for the big "Tour" and our fun "Circle the Bald" Bike Ride. We have been hearing alot of rumors, but the following info is straight from the Dodge representative; The Today Show Hosts, Matt, Katie and Al will be following the Tour all week in Georgia; Sheryl Crow is expected to be on site with Lance; many European press will also be present.
Wayne Nelms, SABA Vice President, will be forwarding a map of the ride to all of those listed above. Maps will also be available at registration site the day of the ride. Even though this is technically not a race, we do plan a mass start so the local sheriffs dept can stop traffic to let us across the road (you can be competative if you like!) and so we can get some good photos for our website www.sabacycling.com
We have a couple of gift certificates we will have a drawing for on-site; a two night stay at Lake Chatuge Lodge, and a one night stay at Holiday Inn Express in Towns Co (not to be used this weekend, unfortunately) and free breakfast certificates at the Country Cottage located just a few miles away in Hayesville, NC (very good food)
Now, for a really important message. We have two (2) tickets to the VIP Yellow Jersey Ceremonies to be held at the top of Brasstown Bald, strictly for the VIP's and the pro Tour de Georgia riders. We plan to raffle these off to the highest bidder, with proceeds to go toward the Jackrabbit Mountain Bike and Hiking Trail that our club is trying to plan and develop with the USFS. We are in much need of funding, and these tickets should help do just that. We will allow the bidding to begin now, and will finish this on the day of our ride, Sat April 24th. It has been suggested that we begin the bid at $100 per ticket. We would like to raffle as a pair, but this is not mandatory- BOTH TICKETS WILL GO TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER. If you are interested in this bid, please 'Reply All" so everyone will know what the latest bid is. (This is not EBay-I'm not set up for anything fancy!) Please be prepared to pay onsite with check/cash (no credit cards)
Thanks to all who have already registered. We hope to make this a fun ride for you during your stay in the North Georgia Mountains. See you soon.
Joanna Atkisson
SABA President