PDA

View Full Version : Time pedals

Alan
09-01-2017, 07:52 AM
I have been using RXS pedals for many years. They work well but the design wasn't the best and they do break over the axle. Has anyone converted to the Xpresso pedals/cleats? If so how do they work and which model are you using?

Would appreciate any feedback on this change. I need to buy 3 sets of pedals so want to ck this out before I do it.

Thanks,

Alan

mcteague
09-01-2017, 08:07 AM
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=170700&highlight=xpresso+tim

Tim

acarvalho
09-01-2017, 08:56 AM
I have always used Time pedal because they are really forgiving on my knees. I switched to the new model but unfortunately I bought a fake model which came from China. All in all, I recommend Time pedals over all other models. They are not less robust than others.

Enviado de meu Moto G (4) usando Tapatalk

acarvalho
09-01-2017, 08:59 AM
By the way, I do have a original Xpresso which works just fine.

Enviado de meu Moto G (4) usando Tapatalk

FlashUNC
09-01-2017, 09:03 AM
Expresso 6s and 8s for me. Great pedals.

Steve K
09-01-2017, 09:33 AM
I used Xpresso's for a few years and have used time for many years. Typically with high tension engage. With the Xpresso I had one brake at the hinge. After that I started using the lowest tension for fear of breaking another out on a ride. After a year of that decided I did not like the low tension and switched to shimano.

I still have a used pair of Xpresso 6 with out cleats. Alan, if you want to try out the platform before jumping fully in PM me for the cost of cleats; I'll send you my used pedals no charge.

MesiJezi
09-01-2017, 09:50 AM
I've been using Time RXS pedals for about 4 years. Not the easiest to get in to, or out of, but the retention is great and i like the stiffer float.

Couple data points:
I'm 155 lbs
Done about 5000 miles with these pedals, including a fair amount of road racing and climbing.
I am not a sprinter

chrisroph
09-01-2017, 04:10 PM
I'm running impacts. I find them superior over the newer designs.

Clean39T
09-01-2017, 04:48 PM
Expresso 6s and 8s for me. Great pedals.

Same here - but 10s cuz of on sale ;)

ultraman6970
09-01-2017, 05:27 PM
If you have problem getting in or out is because you have an issue with the position of the cleat (angle) or the cleats are just way too old. Been time since back 84' ish..

I've been using Time RXS pedals for about 4 years. Not the easiest to get in to, or out of, but the retention is great and i like the stiffer float.

Couple data points:
I'm 155 lbs
Done about 5000 miles with these pedals, including a fair amount of road racing and climbing.
I am not a sprinter