PDA

View Full Version : The "Other" De Rosa

Epicus07
08-24-2017, 07:26 PM
What do you guys think about the Pozzuoli De Rosas ?

How do they compare to Ugo's ?

Worth snagging a mid 80s model for a decent price tag (for Italians anyway)?

ultraman6970
08-24-2017, 07:32 PM
I do not think they bikes are bad at all, seen them in person, the problem is that if you think to cash out after a year will be super hard, the other derosa sales are super weak.

Aaron O
08-24-2017, 07:59 PM
What do you guys think about the Pozzuoli De Rosas ?

How do they compare to Ugo's ?

Worth snagging a mid 80s model for a decent price tag (for Italians anyway)?

I haven't ridden one, but I've seen a few. In terms of workmanship and detail...well...they don't. If decent price means cheap...ok, it's a discussion point. Otherwise...I'd pass.

Ugo De Rosa has a history with riders in the peloton. He created one of the most successful brands in the country. Other de Rosa's claim to fame is having a more famous bike with the same name.

GonaSovereign
08-25-2017, 11:37 AM
I thought this was the other De Rosa (as in, Doriano):
https://www.instagram.com/bixxis/

zmudshark
08-25-2017, 11:50 AM
You *may* find a decent Pozzuoli De Rosa, but I haven't seen any I would buy. I have never heard anyone compare them to an Ugo in either workmanship or ride quality.

drewellison
08-25-2017, 12:19 PM
I am not familiar with "the other" DeRosa, Pozzuoli. (I am familiar with Bixxis.)

If I'm looking at a DeRosa, is it an obvious difference? In graphics? In branding? Is there a likelihood of duplicitous selling to an unsuspecting buyer?

Drew

Aaron O
08-25-2017, 12:48 PM
I am not familiar with "the other" DeRosa, Pozzuoli. (I am familiar with Bixxis.)

If I'm looking at a DeRosa, is it an obvious difference? In graphics? In branding? Is there a likelihood of duplicitous selling to an unsuspecting buyer?

Drew

The OTHER De Rosa uses different decals...no hearts, but a wheel. The engravings are also different and you can always spot one.

As far as duplicitous, I think there would be a few possible concerns:

1. A seller who doesn't know. Not that many are aware of "other" De Rosa
2. Someone, honestly, calls it a De Rosa and buyer doesn't realize. Sort of a lie by omission...but there's no actual dishonestly.
3. Intentional misleading.

If you know the bikes, they're very easy to tell apart...easier than a Cinelli from a Windsor.

choke
08-25-2017, 01:12 PM

Drew

http://italiancyclingjournal.blogspot.com/2009/11/other-de-rosa.html

Aaron O
08-25-2017, 01:30 PM
Here is an "other" De Rosa...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/De-Rosa-59cm-Road-Bicycle-Vintage-039-85-white-with-red-saddle-amp-just-tuned-up-/232420418500?hash=item361d5623c4%3Ag%3AMZMAAOSw5gx Zc6ik&nma=true&si=Ia3r5zYt42tTdj%252Bw%252F5YH0j9AsUc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557