PDA

View Full Version : Anyone riding an Alan Supercross?

KJMUNC
08-21-2017, 11:03 PM
Ran across an interesting option to pick up an Alan Supercross Scandium. I know the Alan heritage, but haven't heard/seen their modern bikes around much.

Geo lines up for me, and I'd be using it for gravel more than anything else but might hop in a cross race occasionally. The one in question is last year's canti equipped model, not the new disc version.

Anyone riding one and have experience/thoughts one way or another?

eBAUMANN
08-21-2017, 11:25 PM
they look nice to me...if its the one on eBay, i know the seller, local racer, good dude, buy with confidence.

KJMUNC
08-22-2017, 06:40 AM
they look nice to me...if its the one on eBay, i know the seller, local racer, good dude, buy with confidence.

Yep it was....auction ended with no bids and I'm trying to work a deal with him for it. Thanks!

Spaghetti Legs
08-22-2017, 12:12 PM
No experience with that model but I have an older X33 Carbon cross frame. I bought it used as a replacement for a Ridley Crossbow and I really like it. Alan has been in the cyclocross business for a long time and there was a stretch when the odds of a top cross rider or cross team riding an Alan were pretty high. As a company they know what they're doing designing and building cross racing frames.

KJMUNC
08-25-2017, 05:13 AM

Well I bought it last night so I'll post a review after I have a chance to get a few rides in. Couldn't pass up the deal with two sets of wheels and Di2 (my first and non-Campy bike in a long time).

josephr
08-25-2017, 06:30 AM
Well I bought it last night so I'll post a review after I have a chance to get a few rides in. Couldn't pass up the deal with two sets of wheels and Di2 (my first and non-Campy bike in a long time).

thread is useless without pics! :confused:

merckx
08-25-2017, 07:08 AM

I couldn't agree more.

john segal
08-25-2017, 08:55 AM
Loved my Alan, except for the terrifying fork chatter...
Here's mine (Guerciotti badged edition):

wallymann
08-25-2017, 09:12 AM
except for the terrifying fork chatter...

probably more to do with the long stretch of brake cable between the hanger @ the headset and the straddle-cable down low. if you were to go with a lower fork-crown mounted hanger, i bet that chatter would be seriously diminished if not eliminated.

KJMUNC
08-25-2017, 09:16 AM

Alright alright....here are pics I ripped from the seller's listing. Can't wait to get it and get some rides in.

john segal
08-25-2017, 09:17 AM
The fork crown's not drilled--you would have to swap out the fork, or go V-Brake.