PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Vuelta Espana

wpod
08-19-2017, 10:29 AM
Is about to start with TTT. Online here (http://tiz-cycling.racing/stream-live/).

monarchguy
08-19-2017, 06:49 PM
Ended up with NBC Gold for the TDF, but their coverage of the first stage of the vuelta was good. Wonderful shots of old Roman architecture intermixed with a TTT -- nice.

-- Dan

lexlion
08-19-2017, 07:04 PM
Ended up with NBC Gold for the TDF, but their coverage of the first stage of the vuelta was good. Wonderful shots of old Roman architecture intermixed with a TTT -- nice.

-- Dan

Wish NBC Gold had a tracker like the did for the TDF

cmg
08-19-2017, 11:12 PM
youtube eurosport, cycling hub FREE

weisan
08-19-2017, 11:59 PM
http://alicehui.com/bike/vuelta/vuelta.jpg
http://alicehui.com/bike/vuelta/vuelta2.jpg

Clean39T
08-20-2017, 01:10 AM

-- Dan

I'll 2nd that.

And I'm getting back into my TrainerRoad program now, so it'll come in handy for long hours indoors..

lexlion
08-23-2017, 12:34 PM
Great race today. These mountain top finishes are way more exciting than bunch sprints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MattTuck
08-23-2017, 12:36 PM
Tejay in 2nd place. Here we go :)

denapista
08-23-2017, 01:17 PM
Tejay in 2nd place. Here we go :)

You mean his trademark "Bad Day" that's coming up? They have a few back to back brutal stages. A short TT follows a pretty tough mountain stage. I wish all races were like the Vuelta. These stages are pretty sick! Queen stages should end on mountain tops.

MattTuck
08-23-2017, 01:22 PM
You mean his trademark "Bad Day" that's coming up? They have a few back to back brutal stages. A short TT follows a pretty tough mountain stage. I wish all races were like the Vuelta. These stages are pretty sick! Queen stages should end on mountain tops.

I was referring to the Tejay bashing debate that is sure to ensue ;)

I cheer for him every race. He's been on the podium at the tour, so I don't buy the argument that he's a 2nd rate rider. It does seem like something has been off, whether his training or his psychology, for several years now and I just hope he is able to get back to where he was.

In the mean time, and I've said it before, I'd rather see him target stage wins than focus on the GC. Him and his team just haven't quite cracked the code on getting him through 3 weeks.

m4rk540
08-23-2017, 02:48 PM
If a 50 year old Chris Horner can win the Vuelta....

ultraman6970
08-23-2017, 08:14 PM
Havent seen todays stage but i was looking at the GC like 7 hours ago and looks like TJ had a problem holding f... froome at the end eh?

Clean39T
08-23-2017, 08:29 PM
I wish all races were like the Vuelta. These stages are pretty sick! Queen stages should end on mountain tops.

Totally agree. Even Sky is "racing" this one. It's been great and we're less than a week in!

cadence90
08-23-2017, 08:47 PM
If a 50 year old Chris Horner can win the Vuelta....

...2 twin brothers can be in the Top 10 on GC. Pretty cool.

Quilts
08-23-2017, 09:15 PM
Havent seen todays stage but i was looking at the GC like 7 hours ago and looks like TJ had a problem holding f... froome at the end eh?

I was surprised by that as well, he lost Froome and company on the flat finishing strech. Shame as he stuck with him the entire climb before that.

denapista
08-24-2017, 11:34 AM
TJ is a good rider, a very good rider. He just needs to change something up in his preparation. It seems every race that he's a favorite, he disintegrates after his rest days. Lance has even said something with his rest day routine is off, because he comes back with no legs the stage after.

The vuelta stages are purely amazing! The uphill finishes are what the Tour De France needed. Chavez is looking strong, and Sky is well, SKY. Riding a stupid tempo out front and then launching Froome. Stage 15 is going to be insane and the stages after that. Really steep uphill finishes. Hopefully Aru and Nibali are learning from there mistakes and not trying to give everything in the first half of a 2-3 week race. Aru blew his legs up the first week of the tour.

54ny77
08-24-2017, 11:38 AM
TJ is not "recovering" like Lance did on his rest days. That might be what he's doing wrong. :D

TJ is a good rider, a very good rider. He just needs to change something up in his preparation. It seems every race that he's a favorite, he disintegrates after his rest days. Lance has even said something with his rest day routine is off, because he comes back with no legs the stage after.

denapista
08-24-2017, 11:45 AM
TJ isn't recovering like anyone in the peloton, minus the sprinters making the time cuts... He goes backwards after his rest days and loses GC on the first uphill in sight.

Quilts
08-24-2017, 12:09 PM
Was pleasantly surprised to see TJ lose only 20 seconds on the GC guys in spite of his first crash, looks like the others involved lost minutes. I'd gather that initial knock played a role in his second crash in the latter end of the stage as well.

I don't have any illusions that he'll be able to win this race, but I would like to see him finish it decently placed and hopefully regain some of the confidence he seems to have been lacking the past few years.

ultraman6970
08-24-2017, 07:12 PM
IMO Froome soon wont have a team and will be each man by their own...

jlwdm
08-24-2017, 08:59 PM
IMO Froome soon wont have a team and will be each man by their own...

Yes, Sky did not bring a strong team, and they foolishly used up the support riders for no reason today. Let somebody else have the leader's jersey and sit back and relax.

Jeff

ultraman6970
08-24-2017, 09:44 PM
True, their team is not that strong but the vuelta as a race is totally different to the tour aswell. Even with a good team sky would have problems controlling the race. What surprise me is that even astana team looks weak, pretty much just Aru racing by himself.

Next week will get super interesting, pistolero needs 3 minutes and win something before going home forever... miss purito and valverde in this race... :/

ultraman6970
08-26-2017, 09:22 AM
OK... the only feed I found is playing female rugby now and then I couldnt connect anymore, anybody has a working link for today's stage?

oldpotatoe
08-26-2017, 09:25 AM
OK... the only feed I found is playing female rugby now and then I couldnt connect anymore, anybody has a working link for today's stage?

Tiz-cycling?

jensenn
08-26-2017, 09:26 AM

http://sebn.sc/sebn-3.php

not in english though

oldpotatoe
08-26-2017, 09:32 AM
Yes, Sky did not bring a strong team, and they foolishly used up the support riders for no reason today. Let somebody else have the leader's jersey and sit back and relax.

Jeff

6riders pulling froomie along right now, 20k to go...not 👀 used up to me.

ultraman6970
08-26-2017, 09:45 AM
Thanks!!!

The spanish feed with perico was really good :/

http://sebn.sc/sebn-3.php

not in english though

ultraman6970
08-26-2017, 09:49 AM
I do not see any live feed for todays stage at their website... found it!

Tiz-cycling?

jlwdm
08-26-2017, 12:30 PM

That was a post from 2 days ago, and they did work the riders hard for no reason.

Jeff

denapista
08-26-2017, 02:14 PM
Tiz-cycling has been working for me daily. It's a live feed, so it comes on pretty damn early. Around 7am PST (CA), the race is usually at the point with 50km to go.

I was jumping for joy seeing Contador and Froome drop all of the GC favorites. I hope Contador pulls of something special for this race. Froome is on another level right now. I think he's really trying for the TDF and Vuelta double. There are some brutal stages coming up though, and the GC landscape is going to change drastically. Contador should fly in that special steak he used to eat, considering this is his last race!

bobswire
08-26-2017, 02:14 PM

That was my thoughts too (until I realized that was left earlier) )|:), very good stage today in the last hour, Froome looked good as did Berto.

ultraman6970
08-26-2017, 03:01 PM
IMO Froome is helping AC to get to the podium... and that would be awesome. Between you and me I like the Froome in this vuelta than the froome at the tour, the tour at some point looked like a fixed race. I will be happy with froome's win.

oldpotatoe
08-26-2017, 03:07 PM
IMO Froome is helping AC to get to the podium... and that would be awesome. Between you and me I like the Froome in this vuelta than the froome at the tour, the tour at some point looked like a fixed race. I will be happy with froome's win.

Berto 3 minutes back, ain't gonna be on podium. Great race today. Last 20% climb looked like it 'hurt'.

MattTuck
08-27-2017, 10:22 AM
Bunny hopping off the traffic hump... Vuelta is about having fun.

cadence90
08-27-2017, 05:18 PM
Berto 3 minutes back, ain't gonna be on podium. Great race today. Last 20% climb looked like it 'hurt'.

No podium for AC...too bad.
It is odd that no Spaniard has won a stage yet.

Clean39T
08-27-2017, 08:55 PM
Thoroughly enjoying the racing - and even though it looks status-quo with Froome sitting at the top of the leader-board, I have to say it's still entertaining and take my hat off to him - he's riding the smartest race of any of them and just has a little bit more left at the end to put the hurt on when it counts. I have a hard time seeing anyone beating him barring something happening (crash, illness). It's going to be fun to watch them try though. Nibbles may be keeping his powder dry. Could be an interesting two weeks still to come for sure... :beer:

MattTuck
08-27-2017, 09:12 PM
Thoroughly enjoying the racing - and even though it looks status-quo with Froome sitting at the top of the leader-board, I have to say it's still entertaining and take my hat off to him - he's riding the smartest race of any of them and just has a little bit more left at the end to put the hurt on when it counts. I have a hard time seeing anyone beating him barring something happening (crash, illness). It's going to be fun to watch them try though. Nibbles may be keeping his powder dry. Could be an interesting two weeks still to come for sure... :beer:

For sure Froome has looked good. But the real test for him is going to be the next 2 weeks of racing. With each day that passes, the accumulated fatigue from the Tour increases. Froome is mortal -- so the question is whether the race ends before the accumulated fatigue hits a level where his performance drops off. What ever is happening visibly, with the course, with the competitors, with the red jersey.... there is another race, the race against time inside Froome's body.