PDA

View Full Version : OT....I'm P O'd with Sprint

Ralph
08-18-2017, 03:12 PM
My wife, and live at home adult daughter, and myself have been customers of Sprint, in their several forms, for about 35 years. Land lines (I know that was spun off), then cell phones with unlimited use plans all these years. Big phone bills each month. And we watched with irritation as they offered big deals to get new customers, but gave nothing to those of us who were loyal customers all these years, who used their services and paid their bills.

Recently I decided to take my business elsewhere, but wife and daughter stayed with them...at least for a while. So last week moved over to another carrier (saving myself about $20/month). Today I got a E mail asking me to come back.....they offered me $150 to come back.

I would not go back for $10,000!

Don't these companies understand anything about customer psychology? We're all just numbers, OUR loyalty means nothing. I knew that I guess. But just had it proved to me. Rant over....feel better now.

djdj
08-18-2017, 04:36 PM
It is not well known that phone companies and cable companies will negotiate if you threaten to move your business elsewhere. It is part of the game they play, and they will cut deals. Did you try that before you switched? If so, and it didn't work, perhaps you should have included the rest of the fam in the threat.

And, oh, I'd take ten grand to switch back. :)

Ralph
08-18-2017, 04:44 PM
Just so insulted....no amount would make me switch back.

I moved to Consumer Cellular. Using AT&T and T Mobile lines. So far...I seem to be on the AT&T system. Works fine on E coast. So simple to deal with. So simple to sign into their web site. So simple to make changes to your plan. Like a breath of fresh air. And so cheap....especially for light users. Not much different for heavy users.

justaute
08-18-2017, 05:47 PM
I can empathize. Was with Sprint from 1999-2014. Asked them about pricing and told them I would go elsewhere, but got nothing.

So, went to ATT. Now, with Verizon on a prepaid plan that I initially got through Walmart, which gave me extra data.

zmudshark
08-18-2017, 06:22 PM
I was with Sprint back with beepers. Went to Ting, never looked back. Same network as Sprint, too.

jghall
08-19-2017, 09:44 AM
It's the same thing as with cable/satellite dish places. And yes you can mention "you're thinking about leaving" and maybe get a discount. Though probably locked in to a contract. It's like employers who increase someone's pay to get them not to leave. Generally it's to late by that time.