PDA

View Full Version : Something else to worry about... jeez!

schwa86
08-16-2017, 08:32 AM
http://wgme.com/news/local/police-catch-pet-iguana-on-the-run-after-he-bites-cyclist

RYE, N.H. (AP) -- Police in New Hampshire had their hands full after a pet iguana got loose and bit a cyclist.

Officers responded after a cyclist tried lassoing the roaming reptile with a leash Monday morning in Rye. Police safely caught the iguana and headed to the police station with him.

The 10-year-old iguana, whose name is Mr. Jingles, was reunited with his owner after Rye police posted on social media. Brenda Schultz tells WMUR-TV she's grateful someone saw her pet after he slipped out of a hole in a window screen.

The cyclist who tried corralling Mr. Jingles wasn't seriously hurt.

Police say no charges will be filed against Schultz, or Mr. Jingles, for that matter.

Mark McM
08-16-2017, 09:25 AM
Only in New Hampshire. It's the Florida of the North East.

zmudshark
08-16-2017, 09:29 AM
Drug infested hell hole, is what I hear.:rolleyes:

instantturtle
08-16-2017, 09:30 AM
And I was thinking about visiting NH but not if there's wild pet iguana's roaming...

So did the cyclist happen to just have a lasso handy in his bag??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GregL
08-16-2017, 10:15 AM
It's not just NH with dangerous reptiles. Here in upstate NY, we now have an alligator threat to kayakers (http://www.syracuse.com/state/index.ssf/2017/08/another_alligator_on_the_loose_in_same_upstate_new _york_river.html)! When will this madness end?!? :confused:

Greg

soulspinner
08-16-2017, 01:28 PM
Drug infested hell hole, is what I hear.:rolleyes:

:hello:

Fivethumbs
08-17-2017, 02:12 AM
It looks like he was de-tailed.

ahumblecycler
08-17-2017, 05:38 AM
It looks like he was de-tailed.

Still there and wrapped around the left side in preparation of a strike. I had one that grew a bit over 4", and she would use her tail to whip me arm when she felt annoyed - painful at that size and could only imagine the force this one would generate.

Louis
08-17-2017, 01:25 PM
A few years ago while out on a ride I noticed "Missing" signs up for a large pet turtle that was on the loose. "Large" as in several hundred pounds. It was a complicated story about how it came to be loose (it made the news in the local paper). This was in the late fall, and they were worried about the coming cold weather, and unfortunately I don't think they ever found it.

I figured, even if it was one of those notorious "killer turtles," I could probably out-sprint it on the bike...