PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know of the cycling death in Hopkinton MA?

merlinmurph
08-13-2017, 03:22 PM
I live in Hopkinton MA and just learned a woman died last week from a cycling accident here. I have searched all over and have found nothing. Zilch. Just an obituary.

This is a small town, this is so sad.

Bruce K
08-13-2017, 03:34 PM
I think Richard Fries and Massbike had some info on their Facebook page.

BK

Bruce K
08-16-2017, 06:04 PM
Her name was Nancy Ann Bronder.

Virtually no news coverage.

MassBike website is following.....

BK

tiretrax
08-16-2017, 09:20 PM
Sad news made sadder by the lack of coverage.

Fishbike
08-17-2017, 06:28 AM
I live in the next town and ride the road where she was killed all the time. Very sad and chilling. What a tragic loss.

Part of the problem is that the local newspapers are withering, left with diminished, often inexperienced staff.

merlinmurph
08-17-2017, 07:35 AM
I told MassBike about it and they're looking for info, and posted it on their site. Meanwhile, I'm doing some digging.

I'm on that road a lot, it's a typical road for around here - a nice country road. Supposedly, the rider was going downhill and a crash happened. There is no way a car should pass a bike on that section going downhill, as a bike would be going 20ish mph.

The lack of info in concerning, to say the least. Even the local news site knows nothing.

Fishbike
08-17-2017, 08:05 AM
Good on you, Murph.

merlinmurph
08-17-2017, 09:52 AM
Sorry, I need to clarify something.

We know that Ms. Bronder died on Aug 7 as a result of a crash with a motor vehicle in Hopkinton.

We do not know exactly when the crash happened. I saw no bicycle crashes reported on Aug 7 or a few days prior.

We do know there was a serious bicycle/auto crash on July 19 and the cyclist was found unconscious. This is the only recent bicycle crash I have seen in Hopkinton.

We do not know if Ms. Bronder was involved in the July 19 crash. Even the local news guy says he doesn't know. Right now, I am assuming that Ms. Bronder was in this crash.

Again, the lack of info is unsettling.

Even the local news guy says that the Hopkinton PD and FD are not releasing any names because of HIPAA laws.

Again, just needed to clarify. This really bugs me.

DRZRM
08-17-2017, 12:57 PM
http://www.massbike.org/more_questions_than_answers_in_death_of_nancy_ann_ bronder

Seems like her death was the result of the July 19th accident, according to this article.