PDA

View Full Version : DEAN Titanium Frames

Jeff N.
04-16-2004, 02:50 PM
Been eyeballing DEAN Frames. At least their web site. Anybody have any experience with these? Somebody told me the frames are made outside their "shop". The prices seem VERY reasonable. Can someone enlighten me? Jeff N.

terry
04-16-2004, 03:04 PM
Jeff: a buddy of mine bought one direct last yr. supposedly, was an 'interbike' display model-$1200. IMHO it looks very nicely done, 3/2.5, butted, beefy stays. he's about 180. can't believe how smooth it is-but he's coming from AL . last time out he smoked me on a climb & a townline sprint but, i was having an off day.

vaxn8r
04-16-2004, 03:59 PM
Sure terry. Sure.

;)

Dude
04-16-2004, 04:06 PM
I was actually at the factory about 5 months ago, last november. All of their bikes are handmade right in the "factory" (basically one large garage). The owner is such a nice guy. Very genuine and laid back. Their ottrott looking bike is actually carbon wrapped ti tubing. They tubing isn't made at the factory. It is shipped to them as is and they machine and weld it.

They are nice handmade frames. I never found them to be all that cool. There is nothing fancy about them, I also happen to the think the graphics are so darn ugly. The frames just don't really bring much to the table.

On the plus side, if that is what you are looking for, good for you, they are pretty inexpensive which also has its obvious benefits.

I don't mean to poo poo them, just my 2 cents.