PDA

View Full Version : Josh-Too-Tall: Shoe Emergency!

Fat Robert
09-06-2006, 04:36 PM
screw PMs

dudes can miss those things

just had a cleat screw thread go kaput on my trusty 2003R7s

you know what I'm gonna ask...

Phone Number, Josh. I need the Phone Number. Doctor Too Tall is my only hope to keep riding until I can send these back to R7 in October and they can make some copies of 'em.

(and I paid a freakin entry fee for saturday today... :crap: :crap: :crap: )

Smiley
09-06-2006, 05:06 PM
TT at last I knew was at the beach vacationing so if your in desperate needs your screwed no pun intended. he's back on saturday doof .

Fat Robert
09-06-2006, 05:20 PM
aha

that sound you just heard was my season slamming to a halt

anybody here say they can:

get the screw out

replace the shoe thread

not eff my shoes up

in a week or less?

will pay, most definitely....

Sandy
09-06-2006, 06:05 PM
How about a shoe repairman? Some are probably very talented.

Sandy

obtuse
09-06-2006, 06:11 PM
aha

that sound you just heard was my season slamming to a halt

anybody here say they can:

get the screw out

replace the shoe thread

not eff my shoes up

in a week or less?

will pay, most definitely....

overnight them to me you ****ing idiot.

obtuse

chrisroph
09-06-2006, 07:22 PM
Grease the threads next time, obtuse will straighten you out.

coylifut
09-06-2006, 07:39 PM
if you can do it without damaging the shoe (i cant see your shoe) use a dremel with a cutting wheel to cut a groove in it for a flat head screw driver. then, apply some pb blaster or liquid wrench. then un screw it with a flat head screw driver.

post a picture of the bottom if your shoe if you can

rwsaunders
09-06-2006, 07:42 PM
You might want to check in with the local pro at a decent golf course. They run into similar issues with spikes.

Fat Robert
09-06-2006, 07:45 PM
this looks like a job for obtusemo

and dudes

the screw is not rusted or fused to the shoe thread. its a freaking new screw. i was putting the cleats in when i noticed that the screw thread was turning inside the shoe.

the problem is that they're 4 year old shoes, they're beat to crap, and the thread came loose inside the sole

Fixed
09-06-2006, 07:49 PM
bro your lucky to have such a good friend .imho
any bets on the fix ?
cheers

Dekonick
09-06-2006, 08:40 PM
'nother thought - how about one of those screwdriver bits to remove stripped screws?

good luck!

Ginger
09-06-2006, 09:18 PM

Frustration
09-06-2006, 10:53 PM
:crap:

Next time try some D2 customs...

You get a sole that is designed to ride for a while instead of look nice on a weight scale and then not stand up to general use. If I had a Nicke for every pair of torn up, cracked or worn through Rocket 7's I could go to starbucks...

Another good try is Simmons-racing.com...

Fat Robert
09-07-2006, 10:10 AM
my 2003 R7s are the best shoes I've ever had -- including the Lamsons I had in the 90s.

the 2005 shoes didn't work out...even after three re-dos.... But after talking to Dean, he said, yeah, we can make (carbon) copies of the 2003 shoes, same sole profile, stack height, shape...the styling on th euppers will be different, but the all-important fit and shape will be identical.

I sent the shoe to obtusemo. sure, its probably a simple thing to get that screw thread out and replace it. however, I live in reneckville SC. I trust obtuse with my custom cycling shoe. I don't trust Rex the Shoe Guy. The Shoe Guy previously effed up on something that had to be sent back to R7....