PDA

View Full Version : Clement BOS

misterha
08-11-2017, 10:36 AM
So #crossiscoming#crossishere#crossisboss#insertanoth ercxhashtag

Wondering if anyone had any experience on the clement BOS, there isn't too much reviewed about them yet.

thanks!

jtbadge
08-11-2017, 10:38 AM
I'm interested in this tire also. This year, I'll probably be running a WTB Nano for dry races, but want something tubeless with better mudclearing for any wet races.

eBAUMANN
08-11-2017, 10:43 AM
I'm interested in this tire also. This year, I'll probably be running a WTB Nano for dry races, but want something tubeless with better mudclearing for any wet races.

just curious...whats the thinking behind a 40c tire with a nano tread for dry conditions?

ive ridden nanos quite a bit, raced em in the D R Y myself, but only because i had no other options at the time haha
i would hardly say they were the ideal tire for it, felt heavy and slow/overkill.

if you like larger tire volume but dont want to sacrifice as much speed...check out panaracer comet hard pack in 38c, or something with a similarly shallow/many knobbed design.
ive found these tires/treads to roll quite fast on a variety of surfaces without giving up traction/grip in corners.

as for the BOS...looks cool, but those knobs are a LOT of rubber, ie heavyyyyy, way more tread than anyone will need unless you are racing in the MUDDD every single weekend.

jtbadge
08-11-2017, 10:48 AM
just curious...whats the thinking behind a 40c tire with a nano tread for dry conditions?

ive ridden nanos quite a bit, raced em in the D R Y myself, but only because i had no other options at the time haha
i would hardly say they were the ideal tire for it, felt heavy and slow/overkill.

if you like larger tire volume but dont want to sacrifice as much speed...check out panaracer comet hard pack in 38c, or something with a similarly shallow/many knobbed design.
ive found these tires/treads to roll quite fast on a variety of surfaces without giving up traction/grip in corners.

as for the BOS...looks cool, but those knobs are a LOT of rubber, ie heavyyyyy, way more tread than anyone will need unless you are racing in the MUDDD every single weekend.

I'm heavy and bad at cyclocross and I want to bulldoze things? Cat 6 supreme

Also I pretty much only rode gravel the first couple years I was a cyclist, and only on those tires, so I've probably ridden them more than any other tread combined, on and off road. A definite confidence booster.

chiasticon
08-11-2017, 11:30 AM
just curious...whats the thinking behind a 40c tire with a nano tread for dry conditions?more float through huge sandpits?