PDA

View Full Version : FYI: Joe Bell...

catulle
09-05-2006, 11:49 AM
To Caesar what belongs to Caesar... I've been dealing with Joe Bell in regards to the painting of my Kirk frame and I couldn't be more pleased with the experience. These guys have plenty of work to be taking care of the smallest detail, of the tiniest stripe on a client's frame, but they do take the time to deal with it. It is amazing that they deliver the high quality work that they do, and at the same time treat you as if you were their only client.

Great work and great people. I'm very grateful.

J.Greene
09-05-2006, 12:09 PM
Joe has painted several bikes for me. I thought the experience was a+.
Here (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jonathan_adam_greene/album?.dir=a7f7&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jonathan_adam_greene/my_photos) is a link to my mostly original 73 Schwinn Paramount that Joe painted. And of course my Sachs is flawless.

JG

catulle
09-05-2006, 01:36 PM
What a nice bicycle...! The paint looks wet still. Who glues your tubulars...? That's a neat, neat job. Congrats...!

Ken Robb
09-05-2006, 01:46 PM
if you think he's a good painter you should see him drink margaritas! :beer:

shinomaster
09-05-2006, 02:12 PM
Does he alway put his logo on the chainstay? I think it is kinda ugly and ruins it for me..

Serpico
09-05-2006, 02:18 PM
Does he alway put his logo on the chainstay? I think it is kinda ugly and ruins it for me..

imo it's a small piece real estate, considering the amount he contributes to the final product

Ken Robb
09-05-2006, 02:19 PM
He'll do whatever the customer wants but for most folks omitting it would be like removing the three-pointed star from their Mercedes. :rolleyes:

J.Greene
09-05-2006, 02:32 PM
What a nice bicycle...! The paint looks wet still. Who glues your tubulars...? That's a neat, neat job. Congrats...!

Thanks, I enjoy the bike. The paint is actually much better than any new schwinn has ever come with. Especially a 1973.
The tires might look good, but my fingers are still stuck together.

JG

Louis
09-05-2006, 02:36 PM

I think "ruins" may be too strong a word. One (but not I) might say "Detracts a tiny bit from the rest of the finish," or "a minor blemish on a super paint job," etc, but "ruins it" implies that the rest is trash, which certainly not the case. (IMO)

Louis

Ken Robb
09-05-2006, 02:39 PM
Shino is an artist and very sensitive to matters of beauty. :)

catulle
09-05-2006, 03:53 PM
Shino is an artist and very sensitive to matters of beauty. :)

I wouldn't mind Shino's initials if he painted my house, atmo. :eek:

J.Greene
09-05-2006, 03:56 PM

I just looked at my Sachs and remembered that the standard JB decal is not on the chainstay, but richie integrated JB into the decal art. An elegant solution (http://www.richardsachs.com/2006_red_gallery/pages/Image_0244.html) atmo.

JG

catulle
09-05-2006, 04:31 PM
I just looked at my Sachs and remembered that the standard JB decal is not on the chainstay, but richie integrated JB into the decal art. An elegant solution (http://www.richardsachs.com/2006_red_gallery/pages/Image_0244.html) atmo.

JG

If e-RICHIE dressed the way he dresses his frames, he'd make the cover of GQ very month, atmo. He might even make a centerfold. :eek:

shinomaster
09-05-2006, 04:34 PM
OK...it ruins that chainstay for me. I think the painters work should be more anonymous. I like atmo's decal more. But hey that's just my opinion!

atmo
09-05-2006, 04:41 PM
here's my opinion atmo

shinomaster
09-05-2006, 04:55 PM
here's my opinion atmo

?

catulle
09-05-2006, 06:54 PM
?

White is the new black, atmo.

Endless Goods
09-05-2006, 07:03 PM
Could Joe Bell recreate a Telekom-era MX scheme on a EM frame that has seen far better days?

Or...must I send it across the pond through Gita?

Very nice work- surprising he can still paint in the fine republic of California.

atmo
09-05-2006, 07:03 PM
White is the new black, atmo.
and that's a fact jack atmo

J.Greene
09-05-2006, 08:14 PM
Could Joe Bell recreate a Telekom-era MX scheme on a EM frame that has seen far better days?

Very nice work- surprising he can still paint in the fine republic of California.

He can Make you happy.

JG

Samster
09-05-2006, 09:06 PM
he's great imo.

obtuse
09-05-2006, 09:09 PM

yes.

you don't have to but it'd be cheaper but not as nice.

explains the answer to your second question.

obtuse