PDA

View Full Version : Waterproof cover

ericspin
08-04-2017, 05:07 AM
Wondering what some of you may do about protecting your bike, while being carried in the bed of a pickup, from the rain? Living in FL, we get those heavy rains that will wash the lube right off your chain. Looking for a cover that will protect the whole bike yet be snug enough not to chafe the bike while billowing around in the wind. Been looking online but haven't found anything that fits my needs yet.

572cv
08-04-2017, 05:28 AM
Not sure what pickup you have, but I've had great success with this on my Nissan Frontier. It's a little different direction.

https://www.truxedo.com/p-36211-truxedo-lo-pro.html

Plus, if you run into the store for some hydration, no one knows there's a bike in back!

stien
08-04-2017, 07:12 AM
Were it me, I'd have the bike inside. Then I'd have finish line wet line on the chain (it stays in the wet), then a truck cap if all else fails!

PaMtbRider
08-04-2017, 07:34 AM
It's not what you want to hear, but I've searched and never found an acceptable solution. Most of the bike covers sold are for bikes on the back of RVs. They still end up being too baggy because they are typically used for covering "Townie" style bikes.