PDA

View Full Version : Fixed at 40!!!

Tony Prioli
09-04-2006, 12:06 PM
Actually 40mph, I witnessed it today on the Gandy Boulevard Bridge. Sporting a Steel 1980's Merckx. His age is better than that by about 10 years. What a treat, I have not ridden with him in years.

Cheers

Big Dan
09-04-2006, 12:11 PM
Fixed dropping the hammer on the Merckx....sweet............ :)

Fixed
09-04-2006, 12:12 PM
tony your the best rider i know ,i just look really old I'm really just a kid imho nice bike you have there tony 2007 record sweet
cheers

Grant McLean
09-04-2006, 12:17 PM
i just look really old I'm really just a kid imho
cheers

i gotta remember that one. :)

g

Tony Prioli
09-04-2006, 12:18 PM
At 10 years younger than me, those long pulls were a little painful. But I do still like the pain. I am off to Vail next Friday for a 4 day bike trip. Can't wait. I got 240 this weekend. The most in years.

Fixed
09-04-2006, 12:22 PM
tony you just need those taco 's he eats... you have something he will never have .
( tony is a former pro rider and knows more about bikes than anyone i have ever met
on top of that a nicer guy you will never meet imho ) tony's the real deal bike racer .I'm just a bike mess that likes to ride I'll never be the rider tony is
cheers :beer:

BoulderGeek
09-04-2006, 04:15 PM
Tony, FYI, we are having stunning weather in Colorado right now. The heat has broken, and the days are sunny, clear and temperate. Absolutely lovely.

Bring tights for the Vail mornings, or leg warmers, however.

Man, I only rode 50 (including 2000 feet of vertical, Boulder's Lefthand Canyon) yesterday, and I am wiped! Good on ya for 240.

Tony Prioli
09-04-2006, 04:19 PM
That is one of my favorite rides. Hit the peak to peak, and head towards nederland and back down boulder canyon. I actually like to ride 36 to estes park, then peak to peak and back boulder canyon. I am getting chills already.

Thanks for the tips on clothing, can't wait.

BoulderGeek
09-04-2006, 04:29 PM
That is one of my favorite rides. Hit the peak to peak, and head towards nederland and back down boulder canyon. I actually like to ride 36 to estes park, then peak to peak and back boulder canyon. I am getting chills already.

Thanks for the tips on clothing, can't wait.

You're hardcore. I just go up to Ward and then return to where I left my car, out at IBM on the Diagonal.

I've done the ride you suggest dozens of times, always on a motorcycle or Jeep. I am embarrassed to say, I have never done Lefthand to Estes on a bicycle. I'm a wuss.

Though, my Nove makes the "Ward wall" much more managable. I think that I need to ride more.

Tailwinds
09-04-2006, 07:08 PM
Hit the peak to peak, and head towards nederland and back down boulder canyon.

That ride is one of the most spectacular rides around here. Get ready -- the weather is PERFECT right now imho. Have fun.

coylifut
09-04-2006, 07:21 PM
i wanna ride with tony and fixed. come up to the portland area next summer, we'll arrange every thing. we'll get william out too.

shinomaster
09-04-2006, 07:22 PM
Was that 40mph on a flat road?

Tony Prioli
09-05-2006, 05:30 AM
Good old pancake flat highway road, With a slight tail wind, that felt just like a headwind after 30mph.

Greg Wright
09-05-2006, 01:40 PM
That stretch down highway 7 into Estes Park is a screamer, but very narrow road. Traffic is usually not forgiving for me and I've had a few close calls. Riding this time of year is fantastic and this entire route (do the loop back down highway 36 to Lyons and back to Boulder) is one of my favorites. But only when I have the guts to deal with traffic. Best to do it during the week without the weekend tourists.

September weather in Colorado is primo!! Enjoy the rides.