PDA

View Full Version : 2 in less than a week on Boston North Shore

Bruce K
07-31-2017, 06:23 AM
First rider was a PMC team member of a guy in our group riding in Ipswich. Details are not clear if it was actually a hit and run or rider error. There is no memory of the actual incident, no witnesses, and he was riding solo. He us bruised but OK. Bike is destroyed.

2nd one a fatality on Hale Street in Beverly. Peabody fierce fighter. Big MS ride supporter. Hit by car. Driver stayed at the scene.

Both very well trafficked cycling routes.

Stay safe out there.

BK

cderalow
07-31-2017, 10:30 AM
too bad to hear about a fellow PMC rider.

Doesn't bode well for next weekend. Hopefully the weather will hold out.

Bruce K
07-31-2017, 10:37 AM
No broken bones and he has found a loaner for the weekend but the increasing number of serious accidents does give one pause....

BK

Marc40a
07-31-2017, 11:01 AM
I mean, the driver must've known she hit him? Because he doesn't remember what happened she might get off?

I'm anxious to learn the details about yesterday's tragedy. Head on indicates that someone was definitely on the wrong side of the road.

tiretrax
07-31-2017, 11:35 AM
Sorry to hear this, Bruce. Quick recovery wishes to everyone. The streets are mean, and it's time to start riding with cameras fore and aft.

Bruce K
07-31-2017, 11:58 AM
You are confusing stories.

In the possible hit & run I am referring to there has been no driver located. There were no witnesses. Damage to the bike could have come from rider error as the front wheel is folded almost in half.

The RIDER has no memory of being hit or of how he ended up on the ground with a trashed bicycle.

We just don't know the exact story and unless his memory returns, we never will.

The driver in the fatality of the Peabody firefighter stayed at the scene.

BK

Marc40a
07-31-2017, 12:34 PM
Oh.. Sorry Bruce. I thought your buddy was the accident in downtown Ipswich a week or two ago. The reported hit and run where they tracked down the lady who did it.

So really, we're looking at 3 within the past couple weeks.

fiamme red
08-01-2017, 10:56 PM
2nd one a fatality on Hale Street in Beverly. Peabody fierce fighter. Big MS ride supporter. Hit by car. Driver stayed at the scene.http://www.salemnews.com/news/local_news/cyclist-s-death-shocks-saddens-those-who-ride/article_05e3fd22-321f-50a2-8c1c-1a41b3680a22.html