PDA

View Full Version : Another dog encounter, but with a twist....

Tickdoc
07-29-2017, 10:39 AM
On today's group ride, one of my buddies hit a dog. Going uphill, dog ran out in front of him and he went down pretty hard on his shoulder. Thankfully he was going pretty slow. I was about two bikes back and watched the whole thing play out.

We stop, unclip him from his bike and remove it, lay him on his back to recover and see how bad he was hurt.....then the dog comes back to give him kisses.

I wish I had my phone out then, but here is the after, once he was up.

A new one on me.:banana:

https://i.imgur.com/pB93s1Pl.jpg

Mzilliox
07-29-2017, 12:20 PM
On today's group ride, one of my buddies hit a dog. Going uphill, dog ran out in front of him and he went down pretty hard on his shoulder. Thankfully he was going pretty slow. I was about two bikes back and watched the whole thing play out.

We stop, unclip him from his bike and remove it, lay him on his back to recover and see how bad he was hurt.....then the dog comes back to give him kisses.

I wish I had my phone out then, but here is the after, once he was up.

A new one on me.:banana:

https://i.imgur.com/pB93s1Pl.jpgThat's kind of adorable

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Cicli
07-29-2017, 01:18 PM
My dog would take you down just so you would have to pet her.
Dumb dog.

SlowPokePete
07-29-2017, 03:08 PM
That's a great one...sound like something at least one of my two dogs would do.

Hope your friend and bike are ok...

SPP

oldpotatoe
07-29-2017, 03:27 PM
My dog would take you down just so you would have to pet her.
Dumb dog.

No kidding, cows are smarter than dogs...->note please before y'all get all worked up:D:rolleyes:

GScot
07-29-2017, 08:13 PM
Glad he wasn't wiped out too bad. That happened to me once. I was sprinting up a short steep climb out of a spillway alongside a friend when a young pit bull ran right in front of me. I almost hoped over him but didn't have enough speed and when I landed I veered right and ground along the curb for a while before finally crashing. Woke up a few seconds later and the dog was first on the scene to check me out. Another club member ended up adopting the dog because it seemed he was a few months old and someone had abandoned him there.

Cicli
07-29-2017, 08:39 PM
No kidding, cows are smarter than dogs...->note please before y'all get all worked up:D:rolleyes:

And they taste good too.

parris
07-29-2017, 09:24 PM
This reminded me of a similar but me being young and stupid incident a bunch of Years ago.

We were riding in the middle of nowhere and an old beagles came running slowly from it's property toward us. I was goofing around riding next to the dog not watching where the road was going and ended up riding down about a 12 foot embankment ending in a clump of brush/bushes.

That little detour ended with my frame going back to the Serotta shop for a new tt, dt, and paint. The dog got to play with the dumb guy. My friends got to laugh their asses off.