PDA

View Full Version : OT-I-Phone help

Ken Robb
07-26-2017, 09:35 PM
OT: How do I use pix on my i-phone in ads on Paceline?

thwart
07-26-2017, 09:39 PM
Ken, I think you can do it directly with Tapatalk...

However, my method is to 'airdrop' them to my laptop and then use them as I would with any other pic located there.

Luwabra
07-26-2017, 09:44 PM
It's a pain in the azz w/o tapalk. I got a free image sizing app and resize ea picto 800x800 then it will upload its not that bad I guess it does duplicates ea pic

gasman
07-26-2017, 10:09 PM
I e-mail them to myself at the resolution I want. Then drag them from the e-mail and attach them to my post. Takes literally a minute and when you send them to yourself you are asked what size S,M,L or original. M will always fit.

colker
07-26-2017, 10:09 PM
On another tangent: i saw an Iphone 5s on a shop today and was tempted but heard tales of apple dropping older models. Advice?

tylercheung
07-27-2017, 02:21 AM
The 5S should be good for a couple of years but you never know. They just obsoleted the 5/5c due to them dropping support for 32 bit processors, the 5s is 64 bit so should be OK. I'd look at the iPhone SE, though...

pdmtong
07-27-2017, 02:55 AM
I e-mail them to myself at the resolution I want. Then drag them from the e-mail and attach them to my post. Takes literally a minute and when you send them to yourself you are asked what size S,M,L or original. M will always fit.

alternatively....I create the ad while logging into PL via my browser.
Post the ad.

Immediately open the ad in Tapatalk, hit edit, then attach my ad and select medium resolution.

Boom, there is your ad with picture.

Polyglot
07-27-2017, 06:15 AM
The 5S should be good for a couple of years but you never know. They just obsoleted the 5/5c due to them dropping support for 32 bit processors, the 5s is 64 bit so should be OK. I'd look at the iPhone SE, though...

I gave my old 3S to a Russian exchange student that we hosted a few years ago, he still issuing the phone today, without issues, while fulfilling his compulsory military service in Crimea.

oldpotatoe
07-27-2017, 06:38 AM
OT: How do I use pix on my i-phone in ads on Paceline?

On mine, when I go to the paceline page for uploads(manage attachments, then choose file), asks where it's coming from..select photo library, tap pic and hit upload.

Marc40a
07-27-2017, 09:51 AM
i e-mail them to myself at the resolution i want. Then drag them from the e-mail and attach them to my post. Takes literally a minute and when you send them to yourself you are asked what size s,m,l or original. M will always fit.

+ 1

Ken Robb
07-27-2017, 09:56 AM
Thanks Gang. I'll see what I can do to tempt you with some cool stuff including (sob) my Hampsten Strada Bianca.

jtakeda
07-27-2017, 10:37 AM
I use the Flickr app and upload to Flickr then use the bb code provided by flickr