PDA

View Full Version : Lesson for today...

pale scotsman
09-03-2006, 09:45 AM
Pre ride thought: Maybe I'll leave the gloves at home because they've shrunk a little and are too tight.

Pre ride move: Put mini pump in side pocket of baggies.

Ride: 75 and sunny, not a care in the world. Hmmm, wonder if those dogs up ahead are going to chase me this morning? Uphill at ~15 mph and here come the dogs. I can always out run them, always, but one got the jump on me and here comes the t-bone. Yes, you guessed it the pale one goes airborne highside style, right over a 60 lb. chow, lab, pit mix and his sister. Now I'm splayed out in the middle of the road.

First thought is, are these mutts going to eat me? Second, how's the bike? Third, man my hip and right hand hurt.

Now here's the lesson, no gloves and a mini pump in a side pocket do not bode well when you slam the pavement. Road rash is inevitable, but the chunks out of my right hip and palm could have been avoided.

The best part is that this happened out in the sticks where there's no leash laws period. Besides that the house where the dogs owner lives looks like it should be condemned. At least the Kirk didn't get scratched. Wish I could say the same about the right shifter, rear derailleur and seat.

Live and learn, live and learn...

csm
09-03-2006, 10:32 AM
ouch. that sucks.

CNY rider
09-03-2006, 12:18 PM
Sorry to hear about your mishap.

Next time wear the gloves, and put the .357 in the side pocket.

manet
09-03-2006, 01:54 PM
... how's your tooth?

catulle
09-03-2006, 02:00 PM
How about the dogs' teeth...? I hope they didn't bite you. I hope you heal soon.

William
09-03-2006, 02:08 PM
I hope your feeling better then this guy. ;)

http://www.swcp.com/csar/images/moulage/Subj1_close.jpg

Did the dogs back off after the chase or did you get the happy tongues once you were down???

Heal up soon and protect that tooth. ;) ;) :D

William

Smiley
09-03-2006, 02:38 PM
Pale One , get better soon and start to carry pepper spray it works well for our men and women of the USPS and they deliver mail to this guys house every day .

pale scotsman
09-03-2006, 05:59 PM
Thanks fer askin' bout tha toof art boy. It's fine thank you very much. The hip is going to be quite colorful in the morning, maybe I'll post a pic for you.

Geez William, I feel like a wimp after seeing what that guy's palms looks like. That's some serious pain. Oh, and the dogs beat feet back into the yard and kept barking. The black one looked like he was hurt a little, and the red one was hiding in the bushes. I know it's not their fault, but I was pissed and I guess a 215 lb dude flying through the air cursing like a sailor kind of scared them.

Sir Smiley, I've got a special water bottle with a cayenne pepper mix in it. There's 2 or 3 other guys that ride that road so if I can keep one of them off the pavement I think it's worth it.

Thanks for the well wishes guys.