PDA

View Full Version : Campagnolo HO components

wildboar
07-24-2017, 02:31 PM
I knew I'd seen this somewhere before

https://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server4400/ox79uhj/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/38184/96589/campagnolo-record-11-rear-derailleur-11s-short-cageHO__24043.1497907252.jpg

http://images.gtcarlot.com/pictures/55674141.jpg

Tickdoc
07-24-2017, 02:46 PM
High output?

Hold over?

Lady of the night?

Mark McM
07-24-2017, 03:13 PM
Campagnolo claims these derailleurs are Hydraulics Optimized - in other words, they have been optimized for the slightly modified chainline used for their (hydraulic) disc brake components. We'll just have to wait and see if it really makes a difference or not (I'm betting on 'not').

Lewis Moon
07-24-2017, 03:24 PM
I'm a Campagnolo ho.....

Duende
07-24-2017, 04:11 PM
Medium cage versions of the short cage regular versions. Some other changes too supposedly.

ColonelJLloyd
07-24-2017, 04:15 PM
I don't get it. There are plenty of people using Campagnolo drivetrains with disc wheels, right?

bicycletricycle
07-24-2017, 05:12 PM
I don't get it. There are plenty of people using Campagnolo drivetrains with disc wheels, right?

ya, but that is normal, according campy you cant do all kinds of stuff that you can actually do.

for example-

run other brand chains.
run any other crank or chainrings.
use shimano cassettes
use other brand cables
etc.

a wider chainline will effect everything a little bit in the drivetrain. small/small will be worse, big/big will run smoother, big/small might rub a little on the outside of the FD cage.

a crank with chainrings set farther out (probably wider Q factor as well) would fix these things if they become a problem.

I would bet they re shape the FD cage a little but don't know what they would do to the RD. They could possibly change the rings some as well.

raisinberry777
07-25-2017, 01:41 AM
I would bet they re shape the FD cage a little but don't know what they would do to the RD. They could possibly change the rings some as well.

According to the 2018 Campagnolo Price List (https://www.campagnolo.com/media/files/035_2363_Campagnolo%20MY18%20SRP-ENG.pdf), the FDs have not changed (still have year code '15' for SR/R/C).

oldpotatoe
07-25-2017, 07:44 AM
Campagnolo claims these derailleurs are Hydraulics Optimized - in other words, they have been optimized for the slightly modified chainline used for their (hydraulic) disc brake components. We'll just have to wait and see if it really makes a difference or not (I'm betting on 'not').

Mostly the crank and for 135mm rear ends. No real change to the ders...

bicycletricycle
07-25-2017, 08:36 AM
Mostly the crank and for 135mm rear ends. No real change to the ders...

Wider q or less room for the FD cage I wonder

Mark McM
07-25-2017, 09:26 AM
Medium cage versions of the short cage regular versions. Some other changes too supposedly.

The HO and non-HO derailleurs both come in short and medium cage versions.

Mark McM
07-25-2017, 09:29 AM
a wider chainline will effect everything a little bit in the drivetrain. small/small will be worse, big/big will run smoother, big/small might rub a little on the outside of the FD cage.

a crank with chainrings set farther out (probably wider Q factor as well) would fix these things if they become a problem.

For the HO (disc brake) groupset, the chainline of all the components (cassette, chainring, derailleurs) have been shifted outboard the same amount, so any rubbing and cross-chaining will be identical to a non-HO (rim brake) groupset.

Mark McM
07-25-2017, 09:30 AM
Wider q or less room for the FD cage I wonder

Campagnolo claims the same Q factor.

john903
07-25-2017, 09:32 AM
It is funny what brings back memories. I say HO and thought oh cool Campy is doing a remake of HO slot cars. Anybody remember slot car racing and HO cars were the smaller version of the larger models. It was lots of fun racing for a young kid who wanted to be a race car driver. Anyway sorry for the diversion.
Have a great day.

Mark McM
07-25-2017, 09:40 AM
It is funny what brings back memories. I say HO and thought oh cool Campy is doing a remake of HO slot cars. Anybody remember slot car racing and HO cars were the smaller version of the larger models. It was lots of fun racing for a young kid who wanted to be a race car driver. Anyway sorry for the diversion.
Have a great day.

Or maybe Campagnolo is getting into model trains:

https://www.toysperiod.com/images/model-train-sizes.jpg

SpokeValley
07-25-2017, 12:07 PM
I'm a Campagnolo ho.....

:beer:

tylercheung
07-26-2017, 08:12 PM
Has anyone ridden/seen the new campy disc brakes and shifters (H11 or something like that)? Good or possibly 1st-gen bug-ridden?

oldpotatoe
07-27-2017, 08:38 PM
Has anyone ridden/seen the new campy disc brakes and shifters (H11 or something like that)? Good or possibly 1st-gen bug-ridden?

Just now coming to distributors in the US and Euro OE...disc brakes pretty simple, since it doesn't start with an 's', doubt it will be bug ridden.;)

Duende
07-28-2017, 11:44 AM

Give me a couple weeks.