PDA

View Full Version : Assos Summer gloves

dsimon
07-18-2017, 01:05 PM
Hi quick question are assos summer gloves made well i.e good quality? I have some assos and rapha stuff but no gloves. I have been through so many gloves from Giro/Pearl and castelli and they either fall apart or dont perform well.
your input is appreciated as they run about 25FRN more than the average.
Thank you

LJohnny
07-18-2017, 01:12 PM
I think they have too much padding...
the quality is good. My preferred gloves are Capo with little padding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ptourkin
07-18-2017, 01:18 PM
I don't wear them on every ride but I've had them about 4 years and like them. The snot wipe is good and I like that they don't have velcro. I wear them on long brevets and doubles etc... because the padding helps for that.

paredown
07-18-2017, 02:01 PM
Maybe just bad luck for me, but I had to restitch the fingers in a couple of spots where they threads came apart (within 2 years).

I like the gloves though.

FlashUNC
07-18-2017, 02:36 PM
Beat mine up, lasted darn near a decade and still going strong. Knuckles are starting to thin out a bit, so I've gotten my use out of them.

They come in way more sizes than your typical glove, so you can get something that really fits.

fignon's barber
07-18-2017, 07:40 PM
The house brand gloves at Prendas are basically private labeled versions of the Assos gloves (same factory in Italy) at a fraction of the cost. They are the best gloves I've used:

https://www.prendas.co.uk/collections/gloves

cadence90
07-18-2017, 10:06 PM
The house brand gloves at Prendas are basically private labeled versions of the Assos gloves (same factory in Italy) at a fraction of the cost. They are the best gloves I've used:

Yes, I think they are all made by Teo Sport (http://www.teosport.it/index.php/pagine-old/team-service/gloves/). I have used T S gloves for years, and they have always been excellent.

kitsnob
07-18-2017, 10:10 PM
try the Q 36.5 gloves
Good (not too much) padding
Assos style pricing ...

dsimon
07-19-2017, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the insight Ill check them out

kfreytag
07-19-2017, 11:18 AM
I've been wearing the Assos Summer Gloves for about seven years now (gone through a couple of pairs). Really like them. For me, they've got just the right amount of padding and I like the terry snot wipe. No Velcro is a plus, and they're a good length. I forget I'm wearing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

daker13
07-19-2017, 01:05 PM
Prendas is a real quality outfit, looking forward to picking up one of their jerseys.

jmoore
07-19-2017, 01:26 PM
If only there was a site sponsor who sold really high end, durable cycling gloves :p

jlwdm
07-19-2017, 09:30 PM
try the Q 36.5 gloves
Good (not too much) padding
Assos style pricing ...

Look good, but seem small. The XL, my normal size, is not big enough for me which is really a problem with a pull on glove. Would prefer a velcro closure.

Jeff

Plum Hill
07-19-2017, 09:35 PM
Do the Assos gloves have any padding from the base of the thumb to the wrist?

fignon's barber
07-20-2017, 01:35 PM
Do the Assos gloves have any padding from the base of the thumb to the wrist?

The Prendas version I sited has that padding.