PDA

View Full Version : Clipless pedal adaptors

daker13
07-18-2017, 10:59 AM
This is kind of silly, but I came across a listing on Amazon for these things and I had no idea what it was. I figured out that this thing mounts on your pedals, allowing you to use regular shoes with clipless pedals now and then.

Does anyone actually use these things? Do they work in practice, or do they suck? Something like this might come in handy--I usually end up just putting on my bike shoes, or not riding, for a lot of minor errands. Specific recommendations welcome.

VPI
07-18-2017, 11:11 AM
I have the Fly IIs as I wanted to try and add some flat pedals for short town trips. I mostly find them annoying as I get tired of having to flip them over every time I take off. I guess I just need to get use to it as they stick well to the shoes, making flipping at each stop more cumbersome than clipping in a lot of the time.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0353/7881/products/fly-pedal-v2_grande.jpg?v=1489262641

jasonification
07-18-2017, 11:33 AM
Depends on what pedals you use! Speedplay specific platform adapters have been a breeze to use when I commute to school when I don't want to be in cycling shoes all day

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

DRZRM
07-18-2017, 11:40 AM
I guess if the problem is really flipping the pedal, you just need to get a second set and put one in each side, if you are dealing with a dual sided MTB type pedal.

I have the Fly IIs as I wanted to try and add some flat pedals for short town trips. I mostly find them annoying as I get tired of having to flip them over every time I take off. I guess I just need to get use to it as they stick well to the shoes, making flipping at each stop more cumbersome than clipping in a lot of the time.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0353/7881/products/fly-pedal-v2_grande.jpg?v=1489262641

Idris Icabod
07-18-2017, 12:31 PM
I have a pair of the Problem Solvers Deckster version and use them with Time ATAC pedals when I want to cruise around with the kids. They work great. I have the same pedals on 1 CX bike and 3 mountain bikes so depending on which one I grab I can just slap them on the pedals and be ready.

Not sure I'd go mountain biking with them as they have popped off just riding in the neighborhood, you'd twist them off in shoes out on the trail for sure.

kevinvc
07-18-2017, 01:13 PM
Wouldn't it be easier just to have a clipless pedal on one crank arm and a platform pedal on the other? That way you'd always have one good one no matter what shoes you're wearing! :banana: