PDA

View Full Version : TdF stage 16 spoilers...

ultraman6970
07-18-2017, 06:49 AM
You guys noticed that Froome was alone almost at the front of the pack around 160 miles to go, and no aru nearby?

holliscx
07-18-2017, 07:01 AM
Fabio could get Team Astana's nails done in the arrière du peloton that wouldn't stop a sprint finish today

ps kilometers bro

Clean39T
07-18-2017, 08:01 AM
Does anyone know what nationality George Bennett is?

Elefantino
07-18-2017, 08:06 AM
Nz

Clean39T
07-18-2017, 08:15 AM
Nz

Wait...does that make him a Kiwi? Sure would be nice if they'd mention that once or twice...

Elefantino
07-18-2017, 08:21 AM
Yep. They won't mention it any more this Tour. He is off the bike, out of the race with the ubba-dubbas.

Clean39T
07-18-2017, 08:26 AM
Yep. They won't mention it any more this Tour. He is off the bike, out of the race with the ubba-dubbas.

Bummer. Apologies for my untimely sarcasm.

MattTuck
07-18-2017, 10:07 AM
That looks like a proper echelon.

bobswire
07-18-2017, 10:24 AM
Wow, that was a pretty cool finish to a "sprinters" stage. :rolleyes:

tctyres
07-18-2017, 10:39 AM
Great finish to the race with Sky pulling the field apart on that last big uphill. Kittel is now in trouble. He's going to have to work to keep that green jersey.

bobswire
07-18-2017, 10:52 AM
Great finish to the race with Sky pulling the field apart on that last big uphill. Kittel is now in trouble. He's going to have to work to keep that green jersey.

True, say what you want about SKY but are tactically the best which goes towards them being one of the best beyond the PED accusations and like the teams under LA , TdF is their laser like focus.

ultraman6970
07-18-2017, 10:55 AM
Hmmm martin losing time, his team should have been worried about him and leave the sprinter just going alone today...

2017 tdf Book....

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B2ePVIhF7aPxRjdtVUZYTlBIaU0&export=download

paredown
07-18-2017, 02:43 PM
Hmmm martin losing time, his team should have been worried about him and leave the sprinter just going alone today...

2017 tdf Book....

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B2ePVIhF7aPxRjdtVUZYTlBIaU0&export=download

Commentators on Eurosport questioned the tactic of throwing all resources at Kittel to try to get him back--and they were proved right.

There were a lot of excellent rides today, starting with Matthews & his team, and an impressive ride to bridge the gap by Bouhanni to get back up to the front group.

Finish was pretty great too.

MattTuck
07-18-2017, 02:53 PM
Commentators on Eurosport questioned the tactic of throwing all resources at Kittel to try to get him back--and they were proved right.

There were a lot of excellent rides today, starting with Matthews & his team, and an impressive ride to bridge the gap by Bouhanni to get back up to the front group.

Finish was pretty great too.

At some point, I'd love to see a side by side comparison of Eurosport coverage vs. NBC coverage. In terms of what the commentators are saying, and adding to the race. My take is that Eurosport commentates like it is an actual race, while NBC (Phil and Paul) commentate like it is an annual spectacle.

GregL
07-18-2017, 03:21 PM
At some point, I'd love to see a side by side comparison of Eurosport coverage vs. NBC coverage. In terms of what the commentators are saying, and adding to the race. My take is that Eurosport commentates like it is an actual race, while NBC (Phil and Paul) commentate like it is an annual spectacle.
The NBC Sports Gold ad-free live streaming coverage is great. No Phil and Paul, no commercials, and good commentating. Definitely pleased I purchased the coverage for the second year running. Looking forward to the Vuelta and World Championships!

Greg

ntb1001
07-18-2017, 04:07 PM
I feel bad for Martin...he has looked pretty good this tour. It's a shame that he lost a bit more time today.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Clean39T
07-18-2017, 05:20 PM
The NBC Sports Gold ad-free live streaming coverage is great. No Phil and Paul, no commercials, and good commentating. Definitely pleased I purchased the coverage for the second year running. Looking forward to the Vuelta and World Championships!

Greg

I'll second that. Kiwi bias notwithstanding...

Clean39T
07-18-2017, 05:20 PM
I feel bad for Martin...he has looked pretty good this tour. It's a shame that he lost a bit more time today.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

If ever there's been someone I wanted to win the Tour, it's him.

Red Tornado
07-18-2017, 05:56 PM
It's really too bad that Eurosport can't put something together for the USA. Used to watch them when, for a previous job, I spent a fair amount of time in Europe - mostly Italy. I thought they always did a good job with most sporting coverage.
Problem is IMHO, what they cover still might be considered "fringe" sports over here. Talking about cycling, F1, MotoGP, WTCC, winter/Nordic sports and the like, at least that's what I watched when over there. They may cover more.
I personally don't have a huge problem with Phil, Paul, Bob & the gang but the Eurosport guys seem to me to be a cut above - at least in cycling.

ultraman6970
07-18-2017, 11:04 PM
Any idea of what is going to happens tomorrow? Froome looked really bad while in the trainer at the end of the race... If the other guys are waiting for a bad day from him better be tomorrow... hope the idiots dont wait for him this time, AGAIN! and decide to attack with conviction, not like little girls :P

rustychisel
07-18-2017, 11:10 PM
, not like little girls :P

I think you could rephrase that and still make your point.