PDA

View Full Version : Moots fork sale?

eddief
07-17-2017, 11:03 PM
These look like Enve 2.0 forks. I am not in the market but curious why Moots would be unloading at about half price?

Maybe Enve is gonna change the design to include more tire clearance?
Maybe M is looking at another supplier?

Anyone guess or know?

https://moots.myshopify.com/collections/forks/products/moots-road-fork?variant=212021121

Clean39T
07-17-2017, 11:06 PM
These look like Enve 2.0 forks. I am not in the market but curious why Moots would be unloading at about half price?

Maybe Enve is gonna change the design to include more tire clearance?
Maybe M is looking at another supplier?

Anyone guess or know?

https://moots.myshopify.com/collections/forks/products/moots-road-fork?variant=212021121

Dunno. Maybe because they are non-integrated HS? I bought one and it got here super quick. If anyone needs a 40mm in great condition that'd fit a 58 perfectly, but only a "slam that stem" fit on a 60, let me know - $100 shipped.

Hepmike
07-17-2017, 11:09 PM
They seem to blow those out every season. I bought one last time around- I think it may have even been cheaper ($180?)

chismog
07-18-2017, 12:49 AM
Not sure that we're looking at the same thing? The pictured forks don't look like ENVE forks to me. There are two shown at that link, the RSL with the funky rake looks like an Alpha Q GS40, and I think the Moots Road is a GS10.

sw3759
07-18-2017, 02:47 AM
there have been several threads about those forks.they are not enve or made by enve or alpha q either but made and painted for Moots by some overseas carbon mfg.very nice hi quality forks though,i own several and at that price a great buy imo if you want to upgrade your vamoots fork
i think they were discounted quite a while back soon after Moots introduced they're latest non painted carbon fork with a tapered steerer and more clearance.the sale forks are straight 1 1/8.i haven't tried the latest model but read several good reviews on it.i prefer the looks of the painted forks a bit better myself.

chiasticon
07-18-2017, 07:10 AM
straight steerer forks. Moots doesn't spec those on their road bikes any more.