PDA

View Full Version : Marianne Vos has a little problem

choke
07-16-2017, 08:52 AM
but she gets some help. This is from the Prologue at the BeNe Ladies Tour....fast fwd to 4:25 in the video.

http://omroepzeeland.bbvms.com/view/regiogrid/2827796.html

oldpotatoe
07-16-2017, 09:14 AM
but she gets some help. This is from the Prologue at the BeNe Ladies Tour....fast fwd to 4:25 in the video.

http://omroepzeeland.bbvms.com/view/regiogrid/2827796.html

Ooopsie...that shouldn't happen..another crappy team wrench.

Tickdoc
07-16-2017, 09:16 AM
Well one thing is for sure.....she's no nancy!

hokoman
07-16-2017, 09:17 AM
Ooopsie...that shouldn't happen..another crappy team wrench.

Yep... someone is wondering if they have a job after that!

roguedog
07-16-2017, 09:51 AM
OMG..how frustrating would that be??

bicimechanic
07-16-2017, 10:02 AM
"One layer of glue is fine." :crap:

Dead Man
07-16-2017, 10:06 AM
jeez.. was it even glued at all?

I'm sure it wouldn't be the first time in racing history a stretching tire got confused with a glued wheel

rain dogs
07-16-2017, 11:49 AM
It's all cause her race number wasn't upside down. ;)

Black Dog
07-16-2017, 11:53 AM
No spare wheel? It was hard to watch them futz around forever trying to get that tire back on.

Mackers
07-16-2017, 12:28 PM
-

e-RICHIE
07-16-2017, 12:32 PM
She says it was her own fault.

That works for me. I'm sure she has fine team mechanics whose skills are honed. I'd be surprised if any are held accountable, except on the internet.

Clean39T
07-16-2017, 12:47 PM
Well one thing is for sure.....she's no nancy!

Dude. Nancy is not the preferred nomenclature. Softy, please.

Burnette
07-16-2017, 01:07 PM
OMG when I saw the title I was like, oh no, not her doping too!". Cycling mags are for crap for the most part but one had a very long interview with Marianne Vos. She was at home and talked of family, of training, racing and suffering. It's inspiring and I have seen her race on TV, she is a monster on the bike.

It doesn't surprise me that she owned up to her mistake or that she got back on and hammered.

Black Dog
07-16-2017, 01:40 PM
How is rolling a tire during a turn the riders fault? The reason we use glue is to keep them on while cornering not for riding a straight line.

Ronsonic
07-16-2017, 02:14 PM

She gets mensch points for saying that, but unless she does her own mechanicking it isn't true.

ultraman6970
07-16-2017, 02:27 PM
Before the start you have to check the tubulars yourself, probably she did not check.

oldpotatoe
07-16-2017, 02:51 PM
How is rolling a tire during a turn the riders fault? The reason we use glue is to keep them on while cornering not for riding a straight line.

It's not her fault in any way unless she glued the tires on, which she didn't. She's being nice, methinks, because she's not one to throw team members under the (team) bus but the wrench that did the glue job needs to get a clue. Hopefully they checked and reglued the other tires he 'glued' on.

choke
07-16-2017, 03:23 PM
It's all cause her race number wasn't upside down. ;)Heh...I noticed that as well.

No spare wheel? It was hard to watch them futz around forever trying to get that tire back on.It was a really short prologue.

mistermo
07-17-2017, 08:48 AM
Hopefully they checked and reglued the other tires he 'glued' on.

He?!? You sexist!

Black Dog
07-17-2017, 09:02 AM
He?!? You sexist!

NO way, a female mechanic would have been more thorough!

deluxerider
07-17-2017, 06:10 PM
Where was the team car with the spare bike?

BobO
07-17-2017, 10:29 PM
Before the tire rolled, her bike handling in those tight turns on a TT bike was impressive.

chiasticon
07-18-2017, 07:21 AM
I swear I read somewhere that under-gluing TT tires was common. allegedly for less rolling resistance or weight loss or something. so maybe that...?

I've definitely read that triathletes do this, because it makes the tire easier to get off if they flat, and they're usually just going straight anyway. that was a pretty tight corner for a TT, and she railed the hell out of it (cx skills!).

Mark McM
07-18-2017, 09:18 AM
Where was the team car with the spare bike?

Do women's teams have the budgets for team follow cars?

mktng
07-18-2017, 09:23 AM
I was half expecting her to toss her bike. She handled the incident like a real pro.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

v531xc
07-18-2017, 03:25 PM
see, you don't need doping to make cycling dramatic

moose8
07-18-2017, 05:10 PM
Do rear tires roll very frequently relative to front tires? When I hear people talking about tires rolling I always think of the front tire for some reason, but I guess that's not really based on anything.

fiamme red
07-18-2017, 05:20 PM
Do rear tires roll very frequently relative to front tires? When I hear people talking about tires rolling I always think of the front tire for some reason, but I guess that's not really based on anything.I don't know about the relative frequency, but of course it can be more catastrophic with a front wheel, as at the TTT of this year's Tirreno-Adriatico.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/shimano-undertaking-investigation-into-team-sky-wheel-failures-at-tirreno-adriatico/

Gianni Moscon's spectacular crash, following a front wheel failure, was one of the more memorable moments of stage 1. In the incident, the tubular tyre became separated from the wheel and various pieces of carbon seemed to splinter off before total failure caused Moscon to come off of his bike.

It was reported that the team had hit a series of potholes prior to the incident on the fast stage.

Following the stage, where Team Sky conceded 1:42 to BMC Racing, Geraint Thomas was reported as saying three of his teammates' wheels collapsed during the stage, although there is only footage of Moscon’s front wheel failure.http://video.eurosport.com/cycling/tirreno-adriatico/2017/exploding-wheel-sends-team-sky-rider-gianni-moscon-flying_vid963083/video.shtml

choke
07-18-2017, 05:32 PM
Do women's teams have the budgets for team follow cars?They do and normally there is one behind the riders in a TT. The prologue at this race was very short, around 2km IIRC, so there were no follow cars.

velotrack
07-18-2017, 11:01 PM
Before the start you have to check the tubulars yourself, probably she did not check.

I think the riders should worry about the race, not their bikes... the mechanic should check before the start.

ultraman6970
07-18-2017, 11:06 PM
Well if you did or do track as your nick name says, as a rule you have to check those tubulars before to start no matter if you are paid millions or in kisses.... people make mistakes and honestly you dont want to get a tubbie with a problem because can cost you a broken bone or the race. At least in the track you have like 3 laps to come back but in the road you have any problem and means losing time. Check the tubulars takes 30 seconds top.

coffeecake
07-19-2017, 09:38 AM
Well if you did or do track as your nick name says, as a rule you have to check those tubulars before to start no matter if you are paid millions or in kisses.... people make mistakes and honestly you dont want to get a tubbie with a problem because can cost you a broken bone or the race. At least in the track you have like 3 laps to come back but in the road you have any problem and means losing time. Check the tubulars takes 30 seconds top.

You should suggest that to Marianne Vos and her team.