PDA

View Full Version : Forks -Moots vs Moots RSL vs Ouzo Pro

pdonk
07-15-2017, 08:01 AM
Moots is clearing out straight steerer forks.

I have an Ouzo Pro on my vamoots sl.

Wondering if people here can comment on ride quality between the forks.

sw3759
07-15-2017, 10:23 AM
cant really comment on the ride quality much I have ridden both but not the ouzo pro on a moots.moots fork has lots more tire clearance and looks tons better imo.at the blow out price you cant go wrong,its a great fork.

colbyh
07-15-2017, 03:35 PM
bought one to put on my Seven (blasphemy, I know, but it is painted and I like the shape better than Enve anyways). rides great, fits 30s - for the price there really isn't a downside here.

double check your rake and axle to crown measurements though, the moots is a little bit longer than the Alpha-Q that was on the bike before (the sub 3, which was already a pretty long fork) so it slackened my HT angle a tiny bit. the Ouzo is a bit shorter I believe, but might not be enough to matter.

pdmtong
07-15-2017, 04:37 PM
Moots is clearing out straight steerer forks.
I have an Ouzo Pro on my vamoots sl.
Wondering if people here can comment on ride quality between the forks.

this clearance has been going on for quite awhile now and they've sold out except 40mm non-RSL. if that fits your frame, the main reason to get it is because it is painted to match. the OP is a great fork, and I suspect it will be hard to tell the difference

OTOH I have a RSL fork on my CR and that thing tracks downhill superbly. not harsh. love the look too with the sloped TT.

beeatnik
07-15-2017, 05:19 PM
spend the monies painting the ouzo. it's the best fork ever mated to a moots. tru story.

Clean39T
07-15-2017, 05:33 PM
this clearance has been going on for quite awhile now and they've sold out except 40mm non-RSL. if that fits your frame, the main reason to get it is because it is painted to match. the OP is a great fork, and I suspect it will be hard to tell the difference

OTOH I have a RSL fork on my CR and that thing tracks downhill superbly. not harsh. love the look too with the sloped TT.

I didn't think to buy the RSL for my non-RSL CR and just went with the regular...minor regrets...

pdonk
07-15-2017, 06:05 PM
As mine is a 62. The suggested spec is a 40. I'll likely get the 40 rsl and see how I like it.

Mostly thinking that a 10 year old carbon fork may need to be replaced. Or maybe just want something new for new's sake

pdmtong
07-15-2017, 07:11 PM
As mine is a 62. The suggested spec is a 40. I'll likely get the 40 rsl and see how I like it.

Mostly thinking that a 10 year old carbon fork may need to be replaced. Or maybe just want something new for new's sake

get the 40 RSL...I'm 165#s and its not harsh at all.

pdonk
08-29-2017, 12:14 PM
I've now put 300 km on the fork.

Best I can say is that there is not that noticeable of difference in terms of ride quality (bumps, road chatter etc).

Where I do notice the difference is high speed handing, the bike seems to handle better now, less prone to speed wobble, feels better at 55KM/hr and up.

Clean39T
08-29-2017, 12:35 PM
I've now put 300 km on the fork.

Best I can say is that there is not that noticeable of difference in terms of ride quality (bumps, road chatter etc).

Where I do notice the difference is high speed handing, the bike seems to handle better now, less prone to speed wobble, feels better at 55KM/hr and up.

And you went with the RSL? Pics of it on your bike?

zzy
08-29-2017, 01:11 PM
I got an RSL on clearance and LOVE it. First I think it's made by Enve considering it has the same steerer sticker as my old 2.0. Second it clears 28s with room to spare. Third it's a copy of my all time favorite fork - the Alpha Q GS40. And most importantly it rides amazing. Very stiff and smooth.

redir
08-29-2017, 01:22 PM
I had an Ouzo Pro on my Compact and about 3 years ago bought the speced out Moots replacement fork for that bike. Honestly? I didn't notice a difference, but it sure looks nice :)

mktng
08-29-2017, 01:33 PM
just bought a sale fork from Moots for my bike.
selling the enve.

ive ridden both.

cant say i could tell a diff really.
however. you just cant get that complete look from a bare Enve fork

wallymann
08-29-2017, 02:15 PM
i was thinking of getting one for my Dean TI, but i ride a 58cm top-tube and a 43-45mm rake would be more apropo. :-/

pdonk
08-29-2017, 08:19 PM
Yes, I got the rsl.

Pics will follow on weekend when I have time and light for a pic.

Only problem is the number of time my bike says moots on it. Down and seat tubes, seat stays, stem and fork legs. I think it equals 10 or 12 times.

dbnm
08-29-2017, 09:20 PM
Remove all of the decals I could from my Vamoots RSL. Much better!

Yes, I got the rsl.

Pics will follow on weekend when I have time and light for a pic.

Only problem is the number of time my bike says moots on it. Down and seat tubes, seat stays, stem and fork legs. I think it equals 10 or 12 times.

pdonk
09-03-2017, 06:18 PM
Here it is with the new fork.

zzy
09-03-2017, 08:26 PM
Looks great - completes the componentry. I really like the 350mm steerer too.

12snap
09-04-2017, 12:39 PM
i was thinking of getting one for my Dean TI, but i ride a 58cm top-tube and a 43-45mm rake would be more apropo. :-/

They still have the non-RSL in 45 mm rake available.

https://moots.myshopify.com/collections/forks/products/moots-road-fork?variant=212021727

I emailed Moots asking if I would notice a difference between the RSL and the regular fork. They said there is no difference in the ride. It's "pretty much only a cosmetic difference".

Clean39T
09-04-2017, 12:57 PM
They still have the non-RSL in 45 mm rake available.

https://moots.myshopify.com/collections/forks/products/moots-road-fork?variant=212021727

I emailed Moots asking if I would notice a difference between the RSL and the regular fork. They said there is no difference in the ride. It's "pretty much only a cosmetic difference".

Refreshing honesty :D