PDA

View Full Version : Serotta MeiVici Riders - Talk to Me About Buying One Used...

Clean39T
07-14-2017, 09:00 PM
Elefantino PSA'd this, and I'm smitten. I love the lugged carbon and finish and...well, everything. But I've of course never ridden one. I've had some detailed conversations with the owner by email and he's very knowledgeable, so its obviously not a scam. We've arrived at a good price and process for getting it to me. He's the original owner, an ex-CAT1 roadie, and had it built as a fast fondo bike through Bespoke in SF. We're close to the same weight, so if it was tuned for him, it should be good for me. This would be a more upright fit than my Moots, but I think the reach going off a 58cm TT (vs. 58.5 on the Moots) would be good fondo fit for me with a normal setback post and 120-ish stem. I'm about to put a new fork on the Moots and that'll give me a chance to test the position tomorrow by using more spacers and approximating the HT length to see how that feels. It'd be 25-27mm tires on there. I'd probably spring for Ultegra R8000 for it to give me the wide gears and black colorway...mated to the WI T11/C2 wheels I just got from Matt...

Anyway, I've read the glowing reviews and I guess I'm just looking for that little bit of extra opinionation to push me over the edge and confirm the purchase with him when he gets back from a weekend in wine country.

What thinks the group?

FlashUNC
07-14-2017, 09:11 PM
He got all the proprietary parts like the weird cable guides and brake nuts?

John H.
07-14-2017, 09:13 PM
I wouldn't pay much for one.
They are nice bikes, but they have limited clearance and were way over-priced when new.
There are so many other carbon bike options that are more modern, have clearance, and are lighter.
How do you fit on stock bikes?

nmrt
07-14-2017, 09:28 PM
i am way smaller than you (ride a size 54). but when the chance came through a local craigslist ad for a meivici, i ran to the guy selling it for a test ride. after all the glowing reviews, i reasoned, even a test ride is redundant. i should just buy it, i thought. nevertheless, since he only lived two miles from me, i test rode the bike for about 15 - 20 min. i came away....underwhelmed. i did not buy the bike.

what happened? was the ride of the bike bad? no! it was nice. but it was not clearly, in my opinion, deserving of all the rave reviews it got. i liked my bike better (i ride a seven axiom slx, btw). as a matter of fact, i liked the ride of a off the shelf carbon bike better than the meivici. what bike is that? the bmc team machine slr01. it rides as smooth as my ti bike and felt snappier, stiff, and comfortable at the same time, if you could imagine that.

so...maybe you'll like the meivici. and maybe you wont. but you wont know until to get it. ;)

SoCalSteve
07-14-2017, 09:30 PM
I owned one that was passed around a lot. There was obviously a reason for this.

The construction and materials were beyond amazing, nothing finer. Seriously.

The issue is that each one was custom made. The one I owned that kept getting sold and resold and resold and resold had a 10.5 downtube. It was a really harsh ride. Especially for carbon. Was not fun to ride. It was built originally for a racer.

So, unless you see the build sheet, proceed with caution.

Good luck!

Clean39T
07-14-2017, 09:34 PM
First four replies are making me think I should seek therapy in the "Have you impulse-buy tendencies" thread...

I just love them lugs and the finish.

But probably wiser to hold my shekels and get a custom built all-rounder like I was planning...

Clean39T
07-14-2017, 09:40 PM
FWIW, the geometry is pretty close to a Domane or Roubaix 58cm.

jghall
07-14-2017, 10:30 PM
Steve has it right. Each custom made. Find one that fits, with the tubing that fit's your need, and it is a really nice ride.

Be someone who is say 155lbs, looking at one with 10.5 tubing, and guessing you'll be unhappy.

While I agree overpriced at retail many moons ago, at what seems to be the +/- used market of $1,200 to $1,500+, if it fits sentence #1, it would make a nice addition.

Best of luck in your decision.

RobJ
07-14-2017, 10:37 PM
First four replies are making me think I should seek therapy in the "Have you impulse-buy tendencies" thread...

I just love them lugs and the finish.

But probably wiser to hold my shekels and get a custom built all-rounder like I was planning...

Just go for it. You clearly like the style and have somewhat justified it and the geo seems to be on. You'll spend a lot more on a custom all-rounder that may not feed the senses like this one does. Worst case you spend a few resources trying to resell it and maybe a few bucks. If the purchase isn't taking food from your family or other critical purchases then why not. Life is short. Maybe I need to join your therapy group :D.

I haven't thrown a leg over a MeiVici but as SoCalSteve mentions each are different and maybe this one is a dead fit for you. But you won't know unless you try. Good luck either way.

happycampyer
07-14-2017, 10:57 PM
I have owned and ridden a lot of bikes, and still own a fair number, and my MeiVici is still one of the best bikes I have ever ridden. I have previously described the process I went through before I had one made for me. With a quick search I came up with this (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=1424090&postcount=4), this (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=1338522&postcount=41) and this page (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=192736). If Serotta were still in business, I would happily pay to have another one made for electronic shifting.

The good news is, if you buy it and don't like it, other than the cost of building it up and tearing it down, you don't stand to lose much since the discount for used MeiVicis is pretty baked into the market.

I know the original owner of the bike that SoCalSteve bought. The owner actually worked at a shop that was a Serotta dealer, and spec'ed the bike to be super stiff (he had a 595 Ultra that he was trying to emulate). That frame didn't just have a 10.5 downtube, it was all 10.5 tubing. It was stiffer than the 595 Ultra.

Buying used bikes is a bit of a crap shoot, but you never know how a bike will ride until you try it. You may love it, you may hate it, and you may be indifferent.

Clean39T
07-14-2017, 11:57 PM
I have owned and ridden a lot of bikes, and still own a fair number, and my MeiVici is still one of the best bikes I have ever ridden. I have previously described the process I went through before I had one made for me. With a quick search I came up with this (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=1424090&postcount=4), this (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=1338522&postcount=41) and this page (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=192736). If Serotta were still in business, I would happily pay to have another one made for electronic shifting.

The good news is, if you buy it and don't like it, other than the cost of building it up and tearing it down, you don't stand to lose much since the discount for used MeiVicis is pretty baked into the market.

I know the original owner of the bike that SoCalSteve bought. The owner actually worked at a shop that was a Serotta dealer, and spec'ed the bike to be super stiff (he had a 595 Ultra that he was trying to emulate). That frame didn't just have a 10.5 downtube, it was all 10.5 tubing. It was stiffer than the 595 Ultra.

Buying used bikes is a bit of a crap shoot, but you never know how a bike will ride until you try it. You may love it, you may hate it, and you may be indifferent.

I like your enabling ways.. :D

The good news here is I do know the original owner and what they asked for; and at least their weight and riding style...so it's not a total shot in the dark.

And as for the fit, here's the 60cm Domane I rode on vacation earlier in the year:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170410/1c0e3e1163bc888c11a1721ef270d7ff.jpg

I didn't like the ISO-Speed decoupler, but the fit was pretty comfortable for the riding I did down there. It had a 22cm HT, plus 25mm top cap it looks like, and a 58cm virtual TT. I put a 120mm stem on it. The main difference would be the extra 3cm of HT on the Serotta. I guess I'll find out tomorrow with the Moots mock-up how that feels.

I can't see needing more than 25s on C2s or C2+s - I'm not looking for a gravel bike here, or a wet-weather commuter with fenders.

Hmm. More thinking.

pdmtong
07-15-2017, 01:10 AM
Back "in the day" the place in SF to buy Serotta (and Seven) was City Cycle.

Since a half block from my MIL and the building my wife grew up in easy to go there and drool. When the owner died unexpectedly of a heart attack while riding the his wife tried to sustain it, eventually sold it. The heartbeat of the shop (fitter, mechanic, other guy) left to create Bespoke. Sadly, City Cycle is now a neighborhood box store featuring Trek. back then there was another shop called "Bike Nut" a half block away in the opposite direction. This was a shop with a case of AX/lightness stuff in it. $1,000 RD etc. Kuh - ray - zee!

You could always call Ari at Bespoke...(he probably fitted the owner) to get his take on the frame.

Personally, unless this frame is super cheap and you can see a clear resale path, I cannot see chasing it. If you want modern carbon, save some extra coins and get a custom Sarto made for you.

Clean39T
07-15-2017, 05:21 PM
Well, it's a moot point now - I mocked up what the HT height would be and it's more than I'd want. And the proportions would look all wrong with a stem as long as the amount of post I'd have sticking out.

Thanks all for the "beware the custom bike" education nonetheless.

mavic1010
07-15-2017, 06:23 PM
The meivici is a fine bike. The "used" one I got had primarily 8.5/10.5 mix. For my weight and riding style it was superb. Due to riding it so much and also getting other nice bikes, it no longer fit me due to: Getting more fit and losing weight, increasing my reach etc..etc..

I also did get one that had 8.5/6.5 tubing. Couldn't ride it. Just too whippy for me. But honestly, there are a lot of great carbon bikes out there. None that brings me the same type of joy, but they do deliver in "gotta be the lightest", "gotta be ultra stiff", "gotta be fast".

So my training and non PR club rides are done on my pronto. I just love it that much though it weighs 3+ lbs more than my Super6 Black. My CSI is for my off season riding.

Those "mass" guys have carbon nailed down pat. As for the other materials, I'll stick to the boutiques.

lhuerta
07-15-2017, 06:36 PM
Well, it's a moot point now - I mocked up what the HT height would be and it's more than I'd want..

...but how did you mock up needed stack for your fit without the build sheet? Also, it appears in you first post you were comparing top tube lengths without knowing the HTA and STA angles. Headtube length and top tube length cannot be compared across two frames without knowing BB drop, HTA and STA. You need stack and reach #s in order to make real fit comparisons.

rnhood
07-15-2017, 06:58 PM
If you can't get the build sheet and all the data that you need, It's better to pass on it. On a used custom bike, one needs to know exactly what they will be getting.

The OP made the right decision.

terry
07-15-2017, 07:12 PM
Like any other bike the fit is paramount if you want to get the best out of it for you. For me, it's the best bike I've ever ridden, but I made sure of the specs (geo) and tube stiffness. It fit me perfectly and I really don't care about tire clearances-I only ride 23's or 25's. after 43 years of riding it is the best bike I've ridden & ive ridden few carbons. An added bonus- you won't be riding what everybody else riding -Treks, specs, giants.

SPOKE
07-15-2017, 08:33 PM
The build quality and tubing in the Meivici's still put it at or very near the top of the carbon frame food chain. Mike Lopez did a wonderful job defining the layup of the tubing offered in the bikes. Making sure the geometry works for you is 1st thing to do. After that try to figure out what tube and fork stiffness the frame was built with. Larger frames may have at least the 8.5 fork (there may be a marking on the steerer tube showing this) and maybe 8.5 down tubes. If I remember correctly there was even two options on the seat stay and chain stays. If the seller has the build sheet you'll be able to get all this info.

eddief
07-15-2017, 08:50 PM
is another man's floor. This is kinda like buying a saddle only way more expensive. Be prepared to love it or not. just cuz some dudes love it, does not mean you will.

Clean39T
07-15-2017, 11:13 PM
...but how did you mock up needed stack for your fit without the build sheet? Also, it appears in you first post you were comparing top tube lengths without knowing the HTA and STA angles. Headtube length and top tube length cannot be compared across two frames without knowing BB drop, HTA and STA. You need stack and reach #s in order to make real fit comparisons.

I'm not saying I had it down to an exact science, but basically I eyeballed and sat on (before installing cables/etc.) my Moots with the new fork installed and uncut, and with the stem put where it would be given the HT on the MeiVici. The Moots HT is 18.5, the MeiVici HT is 24. Based on what the owner told me, it doesn't have anything whacky-custom done to it - just a "fondo" height HT and level TT.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170715/96f052d78323e59c0e7677cca8ae98ad.jpg

Of course it felt different having the bars up 5cm - not bad, just different, and the reach still seemed good. It felt like I remember the Domane feeling - which makes sense since the HT + HS cup on that brings it to within 1-2cm of what this would be.

I'd probably do fine with the frame. I think it'd fit well - and I have no reason to expect it wouldn't be a good setup in the carbon - the guy is/was the same weight as me and had this designed and built for the same thing I'm looking for - an alternative to my race-position bike, but not something slow.

I just have to decide tomorrow if I want to gamble on it, or save the scratch for a disc something or other.

Clean39T
07-15-2017, 11:17 PM
Like any other bike the fit is paramount if you want to get the best out of it for you. For me, it's the best bike I've ever ridden, but I made sure of the specs (geo) and tube stiffness. It fit me perfectly and I really don't care about tire clearances-I only ride 23's or 25's. after 43 years of riding it is the best bike I've ridden & ive ridden few carbons. An added bonus- you won't be riding what everybody else riding -Treks, specs, giants.

I'm highly enamored with lugged carbon - I saw a VXRS Ulteam at the LBS today that had me drooling - not the horse I'm looking for, but dang are they sezzy.

I mean, I'd love to get a Holland Carbon made for me, but I'm still unsure what specs I'd want - or a Sarto - and need to put some more miles in on bikes that aren't my normal race-focused geometry before I get a good enough feel for what I'd actually like to invest the serious cash in.

bobswire
07-15-2017, 11:30 PM
I'm not saying I had it down to an exact science, but basically I eyeballed and sat on (before installing cables/etc.) my Moots with the new fork installed and uncut, and with the stem put where it would be given the HT on the MeiVici. The Moots HT is 18.5, the MeiVici HT is 24. Based on what the owner told me, it doesn't have anything whacky-custom done to it - just a "fondo" height HT and level TT.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170715/96f052d78323e59c0e7677cca8ae98ad.jpg

Of course it felt different having the bars up 5cm - not bad, just different, and the reach still seemed good. It felt like I remember the Domane feeling - which makes sense since the HT + HS cup on that brings it to within 1-2cm of what this would be.

I'd probably do fine with the frame. I think it'd fit well - and I have no reason to expect it wouldn't be a good setup in the carbon - the guy is/was the same weight as me and had this designed and built for the same thing I'm looking for - an alternative to my race-position bike, but not something slow.

I just have to decide tomorrow if I want to gamble on it, or save the scratch for a disc something or other.

Very few if any carbon bikes will out do that Moots for what you'd be using it for.;)

Clean39T
07-16-2017, 12:00 AM
Very few if any carbon bikes will out do that Moots for what you'd be using it for.;)

Well, yes - but I want to keep this one in a fast/low position, with more aggressive gearing (granted the DA 11-30 / 52/36 is pretty low); and have another setup with less drop/reach, and a 11-32 / 50/34. Eventually the Moots will get some deep carbon rims, and the other would get the C2+ wheelset...unless I go with a disc something for that one.

mhespenheide
07-16-2017, 07:19 AM
You know, you could accomplish 80+% of what you're looking for by putting a 10-degree angled stem on the Moots and just flip it up and down. Add in a second pair of wheels with a different cassette and you're nearly there.

I mean, yes, it's 20 minutes of work to do that, but... /shrug/

woodworker
07-16-2017, 12:16 PM
Back "in the day" the place in SF to buy Serotta (and Seven) was City Cycle.

Since a half block from my MIL and the building my wife grew up in easy to go there and drool. When the owner died unexpectedly of a heart attack while riding the his wife tried to sustain it, eventually sold it. The heartbeat of the shop (fitter, mechanic, other guy) left to create Bespoke. Sadly, City Cycle is now a neighborhood box store featuring Trek. back then there was another shop called "Bike Nut" a half block away in the opposite direction. This was a shop with a case of AX/lightness stuff in it. $1,000 RD etc. Kuh - ray - zee!

You could always call Ari at Bespoke...(he probably fitted the owner) to get his take on the frame.

Personally, unless this frame is super cheap and you can see a clear resale path, I cannot see chasing it. If you want modern carbon, save some extra coins and get a custom Sarto made for you.

RIP Clay Mankin, and the store that he ran back in the day. I used to love looking at the beautiful steel Scapin bikes that he had, and I ultimately bought one of those and later a Seven. Guys like Clay don't come around very often.

Clean39T
07-16-2017, 04:33 PM
Ari at Bespoke sent this over to me:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170716/1abecb11eabb7d306fb83c924b036702.png

Working on reading the tea leaves and seeing what it tells me..

Elefantino
07-16-2017, 11:41 PM
Doesn't tell me what carbon was used and where.

10.5 carbon was for me (and Steve) wayyyy to stiff. Great to climb on but damn uncomfortable when JRA.

Clean39T
07-17-2017, 01:04 AM
Doesn't tell me what carbon was used and where.

10.5 carbon was for me (and Steve) wayyyy to stiff. Great to climb on but damn uncomfortable when JRA.

True. All I have to go on is that the owner said "not as stiff as my race bike for sprinting or standing climbing" "great seated climber" "absorbed road chatter really well (frame and fork), with the fork still being laterally stiff" and some other niceties. He's only 185lbs and with it not being crit geometry, and based on his description, I'd imagine it's 8.5.

Still, I gotta check fit a bit more.

Then it's a matter of being willing (or not) to lose a few hundred or so if I don't like it and have to resale.

oldpotatoe
07-17-2017, 07:43 AM
RIP Clay Mankin, and the store that he ran back in the day. I used to love looking at the beautiful steel Scapin bikes that he had, and I ultimately bought one of those and later a Seven. Guys like Clay don't come around very often.

I went to Milan for the Italian bike show with Clay and 11 others and a nicer guy you'll never meet..a real shame..RIP..both he and his shop.

bobswire
07-17-2017, 08:35 AM
I went to Milan for the Italian bike show with Clay and 11 others and a nicer guy you'll never meet..a real shame..RIP..both he and his shop.

Agree, I used to stop in at least once a week on my weekly rides over to the GG Bridge to get my eye candy fix.

SoCalSteve
07-17-2017, 10:03 AM
True. All I have to go on is that the owner said "not as stiff as my race bike for sprinting or standing climbing" "great seated climber" "absorbed road chatter really well (frame and fork), with the fork still being laterally stiff" and some other niceties. He's only 185lbs and with it not being crit geometry, and based on his description, I'd imagine it's 8.5.

Still, I gotta check fit a bit more.

Then it's a matter of being willing (or not) to lose a few hundred or so if I don't like it and have to resale.

Without the rest of the build sheet, it's still a crapshoot. Everyone has different perceptions. One mans too stiff is another's bliss. The beauty of total custom is that it can be tuned for the original owner...not so much for anyone else.

Try to pay as little as possible so if you do hate it, hopefully you won't lose too much if any on resale.

Good luck!

FlashUNC
07-17-2017, 10:14 AM
It's a total throwback of the dice. Perfect forum-centric example. My Rock Lobster is stupidly comfortable for me, even though it's got beer can sized aluminum tubes and cyclocross chainstays. Elefantino took it for a spin not too long ago and declared it unacceptably harsh and stiff. (And feel free to chime in Elefantino if I'm not characterizing that correctly.)

Horses for courses man, and buying someone else's custom that worked for them may not work for you.

Elefantino
07-17-2017, 12:26 PM
It's a total throwback of the dice. Perfect forum-centric example. My Rock Lobster is stupidly comfortable for me, even though it's got beer can sized aluminum tubes and cyclocross chainstays. Elefantino took it for a spin not too long ago and declared it unacceptably harsh and stiff. (And feel free to chime in Elefantino if I'm not characterizing that correctly.)

Horses for courses man, and buying someone else's custom that worked for them may not work for you.

True, true.

Everyone's spine has a different harmonic conversion.

572cv
07-17-2017, 12:43 PM
I have a Meivici I got second hand a year and a half before the end of Serotta.... The geometry looked to be an excellent fit for me, and it has been. So, that is a big hurdle on any second hand bike. The bike is all the good things others have said about a Meivici, and a joy to ride. I think I got lucky in that regard. This is a beautifully conceived, well crafted and fine performing bike design. I can't think of another manufacturer besides Colnago who went with the lugged carbon approach.

Like you, I did not know what stiffness was in the tubes. The original owner probably weighed what I do, and selected something that made it pretty stiff, but not too stiff. That's how it feels anyway. I did learn later (through a dealer) that the fork I first sourced for the frame was not at the original rake, so I ordered a replacement that was correct. After that, the bike could hit the high notes. But given uncertainty, I paid stupid little for the frame, and could still justify the new fork. My two cents is to pay a low entry fee, make sure the fork is original, and take your chances at that point. With any reasonable luck, you will have a great value.

pdmtong
07-17-2017, 02:10 PM

Agree, I used to stop in at least once a week on my weekly rides over to the GG Bridge to get my eye candy fix.

I felt the same way about Clay. He lived in Berkeley, about a block from one of my best friends. The style of that shop was the fore bearer of what many shops have now become. He was a fit guy yet had a heart attack while riding. Just so sad. His wife tried to keep it going, but with a young son it became just too much.

one60
07-17-2017, 02:49 PM
I can't think of another manufacturer besides Colnago who went with the lugged carbon approach.

While many brands are moving to monocoque construction there are lugged carbon frames available from TIME, LOOK, FESTKA Calfee, Hollands and others.

(Contenders in SLU has some great discounts on new lugged TIMES)

572cv
07-17-2017, 02:52 PM
While many brands are moving to monocoque construction there are lugged carbon frames available from TIME, LOOK, FESTKA Calfee, Hollands and others.

Pretty much right after I posted that, i realized I would be corrected. :bike:

Thanks for pointing out the options.

HenryA
07-17-2017, 03:32 PM
If the original owner is about your size and weight, and his description appeals to you - buy the bike. If the price is around fair market value you won't lose much if any if you do need to sell it on.

one60
07-17-2017, 03:36 PM
Pretty much right after I posted that, i realized I would be corrected. :bike:

Thanks for pointing out the options.

No worries...sure that's a partial list anyways

Clean39T
07-17-2017, 07:15 PM
Ok, I went and sat on a Fuji Gran Fondo that would have had roughly the same height bars and they are just too far up there. It'd be okay for a gravel or touring bike - too high though for the road for me.

Thanks for the insights nonetheless!

makoti
07-17-2017, 08:50 PM

Don't forget Nick Crumpton.

Kirk007
07-17-2017, 09:39 PM
Don't forget Nick Crumpton.

And now the folks at Hampsten.

one60
07-18-2017, 08:19 AM
Don't believe Crumpton, Craddock/Filament or Hampsten are doing lugged carbon?

Of course, would love to hear from carbon builder who can comment on any differences on ride quality between those methods.

happycampyer
07-18-2017, 09:23 AM
Don't believe Crumpton, Craddock/Filament or Hampsten are doing lugged carbon?

Of course, would love to hear from carbon builder who can comment on any differences on ride quality between those methods.You are correct that Crumpton, Parlee, Hampsten and others use tube-to-tube construction. There are many threads in the archives discussing these methods. Regarding ride quality, one can build a great riding bike or a ****ty riding bike using either method (or monocoque construction, for that matter).

pdmtong
07-18-2017, 12:32 PM
Parlee is not lugged. They miter the tubes to fit perfectly then wrap the joints using their own technique. it just looks like a lug.

Satellite
08-22-2017, 10:56 PM
The meivici is a fine bike. The "used" one I got had primarily 8.5/10.5 mix. For my weight and riding style it was superb. Due to riding it so much and also getting other nice bikes, it no longer fit me due to: Getting more fit and losing weight, increasing my reach etc..etc..

Mavic1010,

Do you know which tubes were 8.5 and 10.5? How much weight did you lose to change the ride characteristics?

mavic1010
08-22-2017, 11:25 PM
Downtube was definitely 10.5...the rest I believe was 8.5 While I had that bike I lost close to 25lbs of fat. I'd like to say I gained some muscle! :)

Don't know about changing ride characteristics. I typically enjoy a slightly stiffer bike versus compliant regardless of weight. I wouldn't say it was less stiff when I was heavier and definitely wasn't harsher when I got lighter.

Satellite
08-22-2017, 11:39 PM
Downtube was definitely 10.5...the rest I believe was 8.5 While I had that bike I lost close to 25lbs of fat. I'd like to say I gained some muscle! :)

Don't know about changing ride characteristics. I typically enjoy a slightly stiffer bike versus compliant regardless of weight. I wouldn't say it was less stiff when I was heavier and definitely wasn't harsher when I got lighter.

LOL we all know muscle is denser/heavier than fat. I just make up for lack of muscle in fat quantity. Looking forward to the first real ride on the Meivici I'm hoping it lives up to it's hype. If all goes well I should be able to get a 40-50 mile ride in on Friday.

Clean39T
08-22-2017, 11:53 PM
LOL we all know muscle is denser/heavier than fat. I just make up for lack of muscle in fat quantity. Looking forward to the first real ride on the Meivici I'm hoping it lives up to it's hype. If all goes well I should be able to get a 40-50 mile ride in on Friday.

Did you buy the one I PSA'd about down in the Bay Area? Would love to see pics if so - was a gorgeous frame...

Satellite
08-23-2017, 12:11 AM
Did you buy the one I PSA'd about down in the Bay Area? Would love to see pics if so - was a gorgeous frame...

No I bought Mavic1010 Meivici. Got it built up almost a year later I just need to finish the bar tape.

To completely finish it off I need an older all black Aliante Twin Flex mine is silver (WTB Rocket V pictured I wanted to try it out) and Mandibel Cages. I will add some photos tomorrow but it almost looks identical to they way Mavic1010 had it built up. I should of just bought it complete from him. I went with DA9000 due to the color I don't like the 9100 all black. I think the DA9000 Silver gives it a pop of class.

Satellite
08-23-2017, 08:49 PM
No I bought Mavic1010 Meivici. Got it built up almost a year later I just need to finish the bar tape.

To completely finish it off I need and older all black Aliante Twin Flex (mine is silver) and Mandibel Cages. I will add some photos tomorrow but it almost looks identical to they way Mavic1010 had it built up. I should of just bought it complete from him.

I had a C50 Custom painted. While I was waiting for the C50 restoration and custom paint I bought the Meivici. I should have just done the Meivici from the get go but I wanted to try a C50. I have way more money in the C50 than I can ever possibly recoup. I just kept going down the rabbit hole it was one thing after another. Depending on the ride of the Meivici if they ride the same I will more than likely sell one of them. If the ride is completely different and they serve different purposes I will keep them both. I have such high hopes for the Meivici I don't possibly see how the frame can live up to my expectations. Hoping to find out on Friday.