PDA

View Full Version : TDF Stage 12 - Climbing - Spoilers

jlwdm
07-13-2017, 08:13 AM
Just getting this set up. Not any action yet with 52 km to go. Break ahead by 4 minutes.

Jeff

charliedid
07-13-2017, 08:27 AM
At the end of the day....it would be great if Aru was the one sporting yellow.

Bwana
07-13-2017, 08:31 AM
Sounds like there was some action at the start. Matthews tried to get away to get the intermediate sprint points but Kittel chased him down. Matthews took the sprint but Kittel was second.

Rest of the day is for the climbers.

ultraman6970
07-13-2017, 08:47 AM
The teams need to get rid off froomes team mates and nobody have done jack yet. Probably nobody has the legs neither want the yellow jersey?

This is just because of astana's screw up the other day. Just sight seen the whole day and tomorrow apparently.

MattTuck
07-13-2017, 08:51 AM
Looks like they're riding in the early morning fog.

ultraman6970
07-13-2017, 09:28 AM
And these geniuses waiting for the yellow to shaft them again...

jlwdm
07-13-2017, 09:29 AM
This waiting for Froome was ridiculous. I am a Froome fan and thought they should have waited the other day. I think these other riders are just not ready to win the tour.

Jeff

LJohnny
07-13-2017, 09:34 AM
Good grief! That was, well, making it even more boring by waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jlwdm
07-13-2017, 09:41 AM
I am surprised Sky had Kwiatkowski in front for so long on the climb. Give your climbers something to do today. Start dropping some people.

Jeff

MattTuck
07-13-2017, 09:43 AM
Damn, compared to his lofty ambitions of a Giro-Tour double (which were never that realistic to begin with), Quintana is looking spent for this year.

Back to the drawing board for 2018.

Mzilliox
07-13-2017, 09:51 AM
the sky machine is strong and no other team has balls. this safe racing crap is hella boring. they really blew it taking froome wheel and missing that turn, alert teams/riders could have put the hurt on him then... instead hes somehow in front again. *** guys? is it that unlevel?

justindcady
07-13-2017, 09:52 AM
Waiting...waiting...waiting....for somebody to stick their neck out there and crack the SkyTrain.

#notholdingmybreath

Clean39T
07-13-2017, 09:58 AM
Waiting...waiting...waiting....for somebody to stick their neck out there and crack the SkyTrain.

#notholdingmybreath

Same *****, different day.

#notsurprised

charliedid
07-13-2017, 10:03 AM
Fantastic

justindcady
Well that was interesting... :cool:

Mzilliox
woooo hoooo bardet and aru! dropped that banana on the final climb despite all the help given to the yellow

junkfood
Whoa

bobswire
07-13-2017, 10:04 AM
What the hell happened, I lost the stream with under 400 meter to go !
#$@%$^&& French Stream!!!

Michael Maddox
07-13-2017, 10:05 AM
This. is. not. racing.

Like watching someone work a calculator.

Meh.

LJohnny
07-13-2017, 10:05 AM
Well! Hello, how about that! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kramnnim
07-13-2017, 10:08 AM
Dang.

Clean39T
07-13-2017, 10:10 AM
This. is. not. racing.

Meh.

Yay, another day of watching the Sky Bots nose-breathe while the rest of the group coughs oysters, then 30 seconds of actual racing before it's game over.

bobswire
07-13-2017, 10:10 AM
Dang.

Dang what? I still like to know the result.... This is a spoiler thread so you are allowed to talk about it. Answer me god darn it.

charliedid
07-13-2017, 10:11 AM
This. is. not. racing.

Meh.

Worked for me.

ultraman6970
07-13-2017, 10:12 AM
If they had not waited then they did, and just continue with a pace little bit slower that would have killed sky a few km earlier.

Now the question is, what it will happen tomorrow? Hope we dont see astana racing for sky, which means that astana needs to sit there. Ag2r have to go into the offensive tomorrow, now teams have more chances to isolate froomey.

ps: i should have gone for a ride instead!!!

T.J.
07-13-2017, 10:13 AM
Dang what? I still like to know the result.... This is a spoiler thread so you are allowed to talk about it. Answer me god darn it.

Bob ~ Froome got dropped on the climb to the finish. Aru got yellow

charliedid
07-13-2017, 10:14 AM

Bardet got the win

chiasticon
07-13-2017, 10:15 AM
The teams need to get rid off froomes team mates and nobody have done jack yet. Probably nobody has the legs neither want the yellow jersey?

This is just because of astana's screw up the other day. Just sight seen the whole day and tomorrow apparently.the problem is Sky are filled with people who could be GC contenders on their own. last 10k, you have three Sky riders and every other GC contender isolated. their only option is to take turns attacking, making Sky close it down so that eventually Froome is isolated. but then he's still fresher than all of those who've been attacking, leaving him the option of throwing in a huge attack of his own. this is why (usually) nothing happens from far out against Sky, only in the very last few k's.

bobswire
07-13-2017, 10:16 AM

Thanks T.J. I just found it. ;) Watch the race on line and all the streams went down with 400m to go.:mad:

Clean39T
07-13-2017, 10:16 AM

Got dropped in the last 150m after everyone followed Landa's sightseeing tour for the previous 30mi.

hokoman
07-13-2017, 10:19 AM
I didn't even realize the race was so close for the GC - even watching every stage (although in Portuguese, so I don't know what they are saying). I figured it was over after Froome got the yellow. With the top 4 guys so close and all of them riding well, it might actually be an exciting finish!

GregL
07-13-2017, 10:19 AM
Two observations:

1) Top four separated by only 35 seconds.
2) Landa drops Froome by 17 seconds at the finish.

Hopefully much more fireworks to come!

Greg

Mzilliox
07-13-2017, 10:20 AM
Got dropped in the last 150m after everyone followed Landa's sightseeing tour for the previous 30mi.

Landa was a machine out there setting the pace, crazy

jlwdm
07-13-2017, 10:23 AM
It was a good win but you just wonder what might have happened if there had been earlier attacks today. Was it just the 16% grade at the end that got Froome or could he have been had on the previous climb?

Jeff

ultraman6970
07-13-2017, 10:31 AM
IN the last curve attack landa closed the gap and froome died... they need to attack often to demolish them, in the previous stages you can tell that froome is having problems this year with yo-yo tempo, but with him you never know.

Astana doesnt have a team, who knows what they will do. I was them I would sit.

Regarding landa, landa is an awesome rider the problem is that is not consistent. Today he shined, who knows tomorrow, same with nieve.

Clean39T
07-13-2017, 10:33 AM
It was a good win but you just wonder what might have happened if there had been earlier attacks today. Was it just the 16% grade at the end that got Froome or could he have been had on the previous climb?

Jeff

Agreed. Maybe Landa is able to hang and Froome cracks. Anyone remember 2012? 1997?

Clean39T
07-13-2017, 10:34 AM

#not_normal ??

Clean39T
07-13-2017, 10:36 AM
Two observations:

1) Top four separated by only 35 seconds.

2) Landa drops Froome by 17 seconds at the finish.

Hopefully much more fireworks to come!

Greg

That probably played into it too - maybe the bigger attacks are still to come. And the final TT isn't a slam-dunk for Froomey to take back time the way it was for TD in the Giro.

Bwana
07-13-2017, 10:42 AM
Dang, today had the same amount of climbing as Stage 9 but had 18 more miles. I knew there were some climbs today but didn't realize it was the same as stage 9.

tctyres
07-13-2017, 10:44 AM
At least that was a good finish with something, anything, happening. Bardet has been strong on those climbs. Froome ate it at the end.

Hank Scorpio
07-13-2017, 12:22 PM
All of Froome's adversaries must have gone to the Cadel Evans school of bike racing with a minor in Levi Leipheimer.

ergott
07-13-2017, 12:31 PM
Kind of hard to do anything when one team has half the elite climbers of the world on it.

MattTuck
07-13-2017, 12:34 PM
I'm not sure what you all think the other riders should do. I mean, this is not WWF wrestling, these guys are trying to do the best tactical race they can. Yes, it might make sense from a race excitement perspective for Aru to attack and drive Froome into the red, but the potential downside for Aru is huge, with most of the benefit accruing to the other riders that would conserve energy and exploit Froome's weakness.

So, you get what we saw today. Basically wait until the potential downside was limited, and then attack Froome on the last ramp. Strategically, it makes sense.

Even though, as a group, it would make sense for them (as a group) to repeatedly attack Froome... that kind of coordination is unlikely when the potential cost is so high. Who's going to be the first guy to wear himself out and fall off the back in an effort to soften Froome for the rest of them?

Clean39T
07-13-2017, 12:47 PM
I'm not sure what you all think the other riders should do. I mean, this is not WWF wrestling, these guys are trying to do the best tactical race they can. Yes, it might make sense from a race excitement perspective for Aru to attack and drive Froome into the red, but the potential downside for Aru is huge, with most of the benefit accruing to the other riders that would conserve energy and exploit Froome's weakness.

So, you get what we saw today. Basically wait until the potential downside was limited, and then attack Froome on the last ramp. Strategically, it makes sense.

Even though, as a group, it would make sense for them (as a group) to repeatedly attack Froome... that kind of coordination is unlikely when the potential cost is so high. Who's going to be the first guy to wear himself out and fall off the back in an effort to soften Froome for the rest of them?

You have a point - George Bennet tried an attack, got pulled back, and probably burned the match he needed to keep up on the final ramp, leaving him down 10-15sec at the end.

Michael Maddox
07-13-2017, 01:01 PM

You're COMPLETELY correct. Still wasn't terribly exciting to watch Sky tow Froome around until he burst at the end. I'm hoping tomorrow will be some serious bloodletting, now that a chink in the armor is visible.

My suggestions:
1. No radios
2. No paved roads
3. No derailleurs
4. Nothing but Hinault clones
5. Death-race rules:p

ultraman6970
07-13-2017, 01:04 PM
What was that bs about uran getting a 15 secs penalty? sucks.

IMO astana needs to sit and let sky do the work. The biggest problem for astana is that f... aru cant TT the stairs, they need to do get more time and a lot like a minute or two to be able to win this thing.

echelon_john
07-13-2017, 01:09 PM
No radios and no power meters would be enough to completely reinvigorate the TDF. Completely doable.

You're COMPLETELY correct. Still wasn't terribly exciting to watch Sky tow Froome around until he burst at the end. I'm hoping tomorrow will be some serious bloodletting, now that a chink in the armor is visible.

My suggestions:
1. No radios
2. No paved roads
3. No derailleurs
4. Nothing but Hinault clones
5. Death-race rules:p

GregL
07-13-2017, 01:09 PM
What was that bs about uran getting a 15 secs penalty? sucks.
Uran took an illegal feed (water bottle) from a spectator within the last 10km. Supposedly Bardet did the same thing, but since he's French, no penalty... Going to have watch for this when I see the replay tonight.

Edit: don't even have to wait for the replay, check out this twitter feed for Bardet's bottle: https://twitter.com/CyclingHubTV

Greg

chiasticon
07-13-2017, 01:11 PM
Kind of hard to do anything when one team has half the elite climbers of the world on it.this.

Even though, as a group, it would make sense for them (as a group) to repeatedly attack Froome... that kind of coordination is unlikely when the potential cost is so high. Who's going to be the first guy to wear himself out and fall off the back in an effort to soften Froome for the rest of them?and this.

they're exactly what I said on page two, actually :D

tctyres
07-13-2017, 01:12 PM
Sky had like 4 or 5 guys in a paceline to the last bit of climbing. They don't need radios. They can just talk.

You guys who are whining about the radios need to drop it. It's there. It's not changing in this race.

chiasticon
07-13-2017, 01:19 PM
IMO astana needs to sit and let sky do the work. The biggest problem for astana is that f... aru cant TT the stairs, they need to do get more time and a lot like a minute or two to be able to win this thing.yeah it'll be interesting to see how they play this out. Astana doesn't really have the firepower to work all day and take Aru to the finish; he'd be isolated in the last 30k with four Sky riders PLUS Froome and the GC top ten for company.

I was actually wondering if Sky/Froome were voluntarily giving up yellow, given tomorrow's a big day too, there's an ITT coming, and they're without Thomas. they had the numbers through the finish today but there's no telling if they could do the same tomorrow. assuming Astana works tomorrow, they could save their legs a bit.

FlashUNC
07-13-2017, 01:34 PM
Sky had like 4 or 5 guys in a paceline to the last bit of climbing. They don't need radios. They can just talk.

You guys who are whining about the radios need to drop it. It's there. It's not changing in this race.

Weird no one talks about the radios in, yanno, every other race that's exciting.

Didn't see many complaints about radios in the Giro this year. Or Flanders. Or Roubaix. Or Milan-SanRemo.

ftf
07-13-2017, 01:43 PM
Weird no one talks about the radios in, yanno, every other race that's exciting.

Didn't see many complaints about radios in the Giro this year. Or Flanders. Or Roubaix. Or Milan-SanRemo.

Exactly, it's not the radios, it's the fact that the Tour de France is too big to take gambles and risks at.

And today was exciting, it wasn't exciting until the end but yeah, people will complain.

Prediction, tomorrow will be interesting, now that people have seen Froome crack, it's on I would imagine.

ergott
07-13-2017, 01:49 PM
There's a difference between cracking and limiting losses. He doesn't have to claw back every rider if it means going into the red. I'm sure he did what he did knowing tomorrow he'll still have the firepower in the legs.

I think the word we're looking for is clinical. Sky rides by the numbers and it's worked for almost 20 years for teams that have that many domestiques at their disposal.

I've said before. Smaller teams (5 guys) more teams (same total number of riders). Hard to guaranty a win that way.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ftf
07-13-2017, 01:52 PM
There's a difference between cracking and limiting losses. He doesn't have to claw back every rider if it means going into the red. I'm sure he did what he did knowing tomorrow he'll still have the firepower in the legs.

Must have watched a different race than what I saw.....

Also take in to account that Froome has said that Sky was looking to keep the yellow jersey start to finish. Well that's done.

We'll find out tomorrow.

KJMUNC
07-13-2017, 01:53 PM
Aru can gloat all he wants about how good it feels to take the yellow of Froome, but he's gonna need a lot more time to stay in yellow by the end. Good luck controlling the race too....don't see Astana capable of doing it, and Sky is going to rampage with their climbing depth. Granted it was in the rain and only 14km, but Froome took 40sec on both Aru and Bardet. My guess is that over the final 22km ITT he'll take more if he has the legs.

didn't realize that the final climb was actually UP the airstrip. that is a crazy stage finish.....

ftf
07-13-2017, 01:55 PM
Aru can gloat all he wants about how good it feels to take the yellow of Froome, but he's gonna need a lot more time to stay in yellow by the end. Good luck controlling the race too....don't see Astana capable of doing it, and Sky is going to rampage with their climbing depth.

Yeah for the record, I still think Sky wins the tour, however after years of Froome never showing any weakness, it was interesting watching him struggle.

Michael Maddox
07-13-2017, 02:19 PM

Oh...I WAS complaining. I just didn't POST about it. :P

echelon_john
07-13-2017, 02:56 PM
Me too. I rant silently inside my head most of the time.

Would much prefer zero radios in any racing, and I do believe it's one of the few single actions that could be taken to make it more exciting and less predictable/controlled.

I harbor no illusions that it will actually happen. But it should. They can have/use all the data they want up until the race starts, but on race day the riders/teams should be accountable for planning/improvising/responding etc.

Oh...I WAS complaining. I just didn't POST about it. :P

KJMUNC
07-13-2017, 03:02 PM
Yeah for the record, I still think Sky wins the tour, however after years of Froome never showing any weakness, it was interesting watching him struggle.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no Sky fanboy....but I can't stand Aru and would rather see Bardet come through for the win. I think that requires a full on disaster for Froome as you're right....he typically has zero weaknesses, or at least when he does they are manageable within the margin of victory.

rousseau
07-13-2017, 03:10 PM
That settles it. I want a French winner this year. It's been too long. Allez Romain Bardet!

I'm a full-bore anglophile (music, books, culture, humour, generalized national personality, vibe etc.), but I've never warmed to Froome or Team Sky after Wiggins did his thing (love Wiggins--he's a mod!). Their domination has been so clinical and uninspiring.

My prayer: Please Odin, make Romain Bardet the winner this year. You know the French deserve it. They've suffered too long, and they need something positive after all the crap they've been through lately. Amen.

Bonus French humour: Why did the Frenchman only have one egg? Because un oeuf is enough.

Heh.

2metalhips
07-13-2017, 03:13 PM
Froome's pedal stroke in the saddle at the end was super choppy. They said he put a 32t on, not sure if it was elliptical or round.

jlwdm
07-13-2017, 03:50 PM
Froome's pedal stroke in the saddle at the end was super choppy. They said he put a 32t on, not sure if it was elliptical or round.

He had the 32 for stage 9 also.

Jeff

jlwdm
07-13-2017, 03:53 PM
I am not fond of stages like Friday where the last climb ends 25 km before the finish. Climbing stages should end with a climb.

Jeff

2metalhips
07-13-2017, 03:54 PM
I am not fond of stages like Friday where the last climb ends 25 km before the finish. Climbing stages should end with a climb.

Jeff

Agree

MattTuck
07-13-2017, 03:58 PM

Jeff

Lance was saying the same thing the other day on his podcast. If it is a high mountains day, I agree. Let it be decided by climbing ability. If it is an intermediate day, I actually like a very lumpy stage with lots of punchy climbs and then a run into the finish. I think that stimulates more exciting racing.

But a high mountain gets neutralized by such a long run in to the finish; who is going to go on a solo break knowing the group has 25km to reel him in?

93legendti
07-13-2017, 04:08 PM

Jeff

Normally I agree.

2 words: Eros Poli

https://youtu.be/RxTnLaH3gVA

ultraman6970
07-13-2017, 04:31 PM
I dont know if this was posted but looks like Landa got his butt chew at the bus while waiting for Froome...

The dude pulled him all the way up, even clearly at the videos of the final sprint he had to sprint when noticed that froome was not going nowhere just to be able to steal seconds from the rivals and looks like they are pissed with him. Probably pulled back the Newzealender guy too quick that killed froome right there??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSNtQf6pOaI

ultraman6970
07-13-2017, 04:38 PM
There is a video of landa at the bus and clearly the DS is chewing his buttttt, what i think it happened is that Landa pulled way to fast to catch up with guy from NZ and that killed Froome, he cant do Yo-Yo no more as years before. And since froome is being a princess lately, everybody needs to wait for him and carry him all over the place probably that tiny acceleration sure got him mad...

Either way looks like landa will go to Movistar next year so I dont think he cares anymore about Froome, movistar needs to replace valverde, my problem with landa is that he is not a rider with constant performances as valverde, he has good and bad days big time.

I was actually wondering if Sky/Froome were voluntarily giving up yellow, given tomorrow's a big day too, there's an ITT coming, and they're without Thomas. they had the numbers through the finish today but there's no telling if they could do the same tomorrow. assuming Astana works tomorrow, they could save their legs a bit.

tctyres
07-13-2017, 05:30 PM
I dont know if this was posted but looks like Landa got his butt chew at the bus while waiting for Froome...

Aren't there a bunch of be advantages to having the yellow jersey, like bus parking, etc? They lost it by 7s, which was completely preventable.

Steelman
07-13-2017, 06:19 PM
Aren't there a bunch of be advantages to having the yellow jersey, like bus parking, etc? They lost it by 7s, which was completely preventable.

Disagree. There was no hiding in the last kilometer, nothing could be done for Froome.

Except perhaps, Landa, Nieve, and Henao could have set easier tempos for the princess to follow, because, even before the final ramp, Froome looked not at his best. They don't call it the "Pain Train" for nothing.

Landa did the right thing, he tried to mop up some bonus seconds at the finish In the end, none of it matters, Froome will take minutes, not seconds in the time trial.

Thankfully Steve Cummings animated the stage, but Sky as usual, wanted it all, to the point that even Mr. Froome was hurting.

FlashUNC
07-13-2017, 06:34 PM

Jeff

When they've done that for the last half decade, the spider mutant who stares at his stem wins.

So maybe mix it up a bit?

bobswire
07-13-2017, 08:56 PM
Porte must be cursing his bad fortune, he'd be wearing the Yellow.

Elefantino
07-13-2017, 09:00 PM
If Bardet wins the GC by 19 seconds I'm going to start calling them Freedom Fries again.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWfuMaEB8-3/

Scuzzer
07-13-2017, 09:20 PM
If Bardet wins the GC by 19 seconds I'm going to start calling them Freedom Fries

Total bs that two guys get busted for it but the French guy isn't capable of getting the frickin bottle in his mouth so it's ok. French race, French jury, French rules.

Elefantino
07-13-2017, 09:26 PM
Total bs that two guys get busted for it but the French guy isn't capable of getting the frickin bottle in his mouth so it's ok. French race, French jury, French rules.
Actually, the jury is international and the head is Belgian, but yeah. I get you.

shovelhd
07-13-2017, 09:29 PM
Great finish.

Scuzzer
07-13-2017, 09:35 PM
Actually, the jury is international and the head is Belgian, but yeah. I get you.

Yeah, I know but it just feels that way sometimes. I'm not totally against giving the French guy a chance at the top spot. It's been 32 years.

tctyres
07-13-2017, 09:49 PM
Disagree. There was no hiding in the last kilometer, nothing could be done for Froome.

Except perhaps, Landa, Nieve, and Henao could have set easier tempos for the princess to follow, because, even before the final ramp, Froome looked not at his best. They don't call it the "Pain Train" for nothing.

Landa did the right thing, he tried to mop up some bonus seconds at the finish In the end, none of it matters, Froome will take minutes, not seconds in the time trial.

Thankfully Steve Cummings animated the stage, but Sky as usual, wanted it all, to the point that even Mr. Froome was hurting.

Whatever was going on with Team Sky, they could have ridden that better. They controlled the pace going into the final km, meaning they controlled the fatigue of the rider with the yellow jersey. Landa mops up bonus seconds in the final 300m. So what? The team already screwed up the jersey by that time as Froome was dropped. The problem comes before then when they are controlling the pace of the front. Those final 7s are wrapped up in the several km before the final one. Froome needed to be at a pace to allow his muscles to have gas for the final 400m. The team failed. Maybe Froome did have a bad day, but Landa deserves an earful.

msl819
07-13-2017, 09:55 PM
#not_normal ??

I know they are cardio vascular freaks but climbing a mountain while breathing through your nose will always be suspect to me!

jlwdm
07-13-2017, 10:08 PM
Whatever was going on with Team Sky, they could have ridden that better. They controlled the pace going into the final km, meaning they controlled the fatigue of the rider with the yellow jersey. Landa mops up bonus seconds in the final 300m. So what? The team already screwed up the jersey by that time as Froome was dropped. The problem comes before then when they are controlling the pace of the front. Those final 7s are wrapped up in the several km before the final one. Froome needed to be at a pace to allow his muscles to have gas for the final 400m. The team failed. Maybe Froome did have a bad day, but Landa deserves an earful.

The attack did not come until 350 km to go on a 16% climb. Better terrain for the little guys.

Jeff

regularguy412
07-13-2017, 10:09 PM
Normally I agree.

2 words: Eros Poli

https://youtu.be/RxTnLaH3gVA

And don't forget a few years ago: Thor Hushovd

Rode off the front on a big mountain stage. Soloed almost all the way to the base of the last climb to claim ALL the first place Sprint points, which basically won him the Green jersey that year.

And I think Eros was trying to win on the Ventoux that year.

Mike in AR:beer:

Scuzzer
07-13-2017, 10:18 PM
And I think Eros was trying to win on the Ventoux that year.

I have a half ass memory of the peloton letting him win. I think, right? Either way, as a stupidly large cyclist I enjoyed it.

ultraman6970
07-13-2017, 11:34 PM
I dont know if you guys noticed but Froome cant climb stuff over like 12%, he has serious problems with super steep stuff. The stage that Aru won had a super steep final and Froome died the same way than today's.

His crazy legs technique doesnt work in super stiff climbs, doubt he will win the vuelta or the giro ever because he cant deal with stuff over 18%... .

gianni
07-13-2017, 11:47 PM
Yay, another day of watching the Sky Bots nose-breathe while the rest of the group coughs oysters, then 30 seconds of actual racing before it's game over.

+1

And watching them wait after sky train over cooked the turn is ridiculous. Please race. This is stupid.

gianni
07-14-2017, 12:01 AM
Exactly, it's not the radios, it's the fact that the Tour de France is too big to take gambles and risks at.

And today was exciting, it wasn't exciting until the end but yeah, people will complain.

Prediction, tomorrow will be interesting, now that people have seen Froome crack, it's on I would imagine.

Wrong. With radios and the DS in the ear it's all about brokered deals with the components of the break prequalified and simple math.

Without radios ,we have no brokered deals and if it's single file and you're at the back you are not in the race. We need bike racing not froome looking at his watts every 3 seconds. Boring.

pdmtong
07-14-2017, 12:13 AM

That's is why Demare and Bouhani were both not ejected...

KonaSS
07-14-2017, 05:48 AM
That's is why Demare and Bouhani were both not ejected...

These conspiracy theories are fun and all, but this is not correct. It is a UCI race jury, not an ASO jury. The leader is Belgian, and I think I heard it had a Spanish and maybe an Italian member.

Incompetent probably, biased, probably not.

ultraman6970
07-14-2017, 07:05 AM
The guys at the tv were saying that the time punishment was null, that means that uran and bennett are going to start closer today. Sky wont like that at all.

ps: yep, uran is at 35 seconds today, not bad for sir mick jagger.

FlashUNC
07-14-2017, 07:50 AM
Wrong. With radios and the DS in the ear it's all about brokered deals with the components of the break prequalified and simple math.

Without radios ,we have no brokered deals and if it's single file and you're at the back you are not in the race. We need bike racing not froome looking at his watts every 3 seconds. Boring.

Then how do you explain the Giro and Vuelta, who somehow have exciting racing in the era of race radios?

I doubt From and Sky are that good at deal making.

numbskull
07-14-2017, 08:04 AM
Is there any good argument that eliminating radios and power meters....and perhaps reducing team size as well......would diminish the race in some manner?

soulspinner
07-14-2017, 08:18 AM

You can broker a deal riding next to someone.
Thats how it was before radios, no?

soulspinner
07-14-2017, 08:19 AM
Is there any good argument that eliminating radios and power meters....and perhaps reducing team size as well......would diminish the race in some manner?

just inertia.

oldpotatoe
07-14-2017, 08:23 AM
You can broker a deal riding next to someone.
Thats how it was before radios, no?

Of course, happened all the time. As for froomie and his power meter..he and his 'machine' called sky would be by the numbers regardless of radios or power meters...They are the ultimate 'MoneyBall', conservative, ride by the stats, team. Like the Yankees, BIG budget, do it by the numbers...It works, they win, and they don't care if the 'fans' are entertained or not. ;)

For right below..GREAT flic..great soundtrack as well...

William
07-14-2017, 08:26 AM
Of course, happened all the time. As for froomie and his power meter..he and his 'machine' called sky would be by the numbers regardless of radios or power meters...They are the ultimate 'MoneyBall', conservative, ride by the stats, team. Like the Yankees, BIG budget, do it by the numbers...It works, they win, and they don't care if the 'fans' are entertained or not. ;)

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/ayne.gif

:D

William

jlwdm
07-14-2017, 08:32 AM
The guys at the tv were saying that the time punishment was null, that means that uran and bennett are going to start closer today. Sky wont like that at all.

Yes, the race jury is a joke. Last night they said no penalty for Bardet because although he took a bottle there was no evidence he used it. The rule says "taking" not using.

This morning they said we just realized that when Froome and Aru went off the road the team cars were held up and it was hard to give water before the climb so the area for bottles was extended so no penalties for everyone.

Not a huge deal but the jury just looks ridiculous.

Jeff

oldpotatoe
07-14-2017, 08:33 AM
Yes, the race jury is a joke. Last night they said no penalty for Bardet because although he took a bottle there was no evidence he used it. The rule says "taking" not using.

This morning they said we just realized that when Froome and Aru went off the road the team cars were held up and it was hard to give water before the climb so the area for bottles was extended so no penalties for everyone.

Jeff

Jury

William
07-14-2017, 08:35 AM

Jeff

Bouhanni throws punches and takes a run at the guy and gets a slap on the wrist. Sagan doesn't throw an elbow and gets kicked out of the Tour. Hmmmm....

William

chiasticon
07-14-2017, 08:37 AM
I know they are cardio vascular freaks but climbing a mountain while breathing through your nose will always be suspect to me!you gotta get that Aru nose surgery and you'll be able to do it too! :beer:

William
07-14-2017, 08:40 AM
you gotta get that Aru nose surgery and you'll be able to do it too! :beer:

You just can't see them. Nothing to look at folks....move along. :rolleyes:

https://www.breatheright.com/content/dam/global/CF_ConsumerHealthcare/BreatheRight/Images/product-review/Pdshot_Clear.png

;)

William

enr1co
07-14-2017, 09:06 AM
Frickin' idiot jury-

UCI jury erases penalties for 3 riders after Tour de France bottle flap
By Andrew Hood
Published Jul. 14, 2017

Read more at http://www.velonews.com/2017/07/tour-de-france/uci-jury-erases-penalties-for-3-riders-after-tour-de-france-bottle-flop_443708#0fblHL32T9dIKTFH.99

msl819
07-14-2017, 10:56 AM
you gotta get that Aru nose surgery and you'll be able to do it too! :beer:

Probably wouldn't hurt if I weight 140 like Aru too. But that is not a desirable everyday reality I want to posses.