PDA

View Full Version : Two questions about Froome's bike on eBay

NHAero
07-12-2017, 07:14 PM
I looked at this bike linked in the PSA in the classified showing bikes owned by Wiggins and Froome for sale. I'm curious if Paceliners have used either of two features on Froome's Pinarello K8. It has a small amount of rear suspension - has anyone here ridden one of these frames, and if so, what do you think about the suspension?

Also, how much do the Osymmetic chainrings affect shifting, if at all?

Thanks!

Llewellyn
07-12-2017, 07:26 PM
Don't know about the features but the prices seem way over the top. Plenty of other bike gear I'd rather buy for that amount of money, but I guess there'll be someone with the cash who wants them.

pdmtong
07-12-2017, 07:38 PM
I looked at this bike linked in the PSA in the classified showing bikes owned by Wiggins and Froome for sale. I'm curious if Paceliners have used either of two features on Froome's Pinarello K8. It has a small amount of rear suspension - has anyone here ridden one of these frames, and if so, what do you think about the suspension?

Also, how much do the Osymmetic chainrings affect shifting, if at all?

Thanks!

LBS has a K8 you can take around the block. It does work to mute out small stuff and take some sting out of big stuff. No idea how it tracks downhill at speed. IMHO it's a feature with a trade-off. A very pricey feature with a trade-off. Personally I don't see it here - roads are smooth or drop your pressure for the rough areas. Those folks I know with Domane's like their bikes...so plenty of alternatives.