PDA

View Full Version : Pain in the ****!

trymorecowbell
08-31-2006, 07:14 AM
Feel kinda odd asking this question but if any group can help you guys are it.

Just the other day I developed an external hemerrhoid. My first ever! and it's a royal burning pain the the butt, both on and off the bike. Any advice,, suggestions, recommendations on how to get rid of it GREATLY appreciated.

Chris :crap:

Dekonick
08-31-2006, 07:16 AM
Prep H?

catulle
08-31-2006, 07:34 AM
Go see a doctor...?

TimD
08-31-2006, 07:53 AM
You're a cyclist, don't you like pain? :)

Too Tall
08-31-2006, 08:14 AM
Branding iron.

With all due respect, you do realize you said that outloud.

johnmdesigner
08-31-2006, 09:31 AM
I have had the same problem for many years. My doctor says only surgery will remove it, but surgery down there is problematic, painful and not always successful.
1. Warm soaking baths will relieve swelling.
2. Keep area moist with lotion.
3. Moderate your B room habits down there to prevent irritation.
4. Do go see a doctor to make sure it's not something else.
5. Bad diet will make it worse - might be time to take a look at your diet.
And no, no question is too gross for this forum. :rolleyes:

vaxn8r
08-31-2006, 10:13 AM
1) Do not ride until it's healed. You're making it worse. Can be 7-14 days.
2) Not a lot of MD's believe this but inflamed 'roids often start with infection like strep/staph. If you don't go in for a RX you might try some OTC bacitracin on the site several times a day.
3) Never ever wear the same shorts/bibs without washing. Seems obvious but ya never know...just asking for trouble.
4) Have it checked if it isn't improving.

Too Tall
08-31-2006, 12:37 PM
TMC - I'll quit being an idiot and offer this...a homebrew arse balm that I've made up for several locals with issues. I use this esp. for long rides. Put er' "right there" and don't be shy.

The bag balm is antibacterial and hydrocortisone is magic....otherwise fighting yeasties is a good idea too.

4 parts bag balm
2 parts lotrimin (monostat, a yeast infection cream)
1 part hydrocortisone (like cream for poison ivy that
lists 1% cortisone to stop swelling.
Mix

sspielman
08-31-2006, 12:45 PM
I believe that it was Benny Hill who once said that the English language has too many words.....for example, who came up with the word hemorrhoid when we already had a much BETTER word.....ASTEROID.....

ShortRider
08-31-2006, 01:33 PM
It's a product called "No More Hemorrhoids," some kind of essential oil..http://www.fonoils.com/hemnomor.html

Needs Help
08-31-2006, 01:34 PM
4 parts bag balm
2 parts lotrimin (monostat, a yeast infection cream)
1 part hydrocortisone (like cream for poison ivy that
lists 1% cortisone to stop swelling.
Monistat is a branded yeast infection cream for women and it's very expensive. A pharmacist told me that Monistat is the same thing as athletes foot cream with clotrimazole. If women only knew!

equate, which is one of WalMart's brands, has some athletes foot/antifungal cream with clotrimazole, which comes in a much bigger tube and is a lot cheaper:

http://i15.ebayimg.com/01/i/08/0f/28/d7_1.JPG

Lotrimin is also an athlete's foot/antifungal cream that contains clotrimazole.

Ken Robb
08-31-2006, 01:41 PM
I ignored mine--well you can't really ignore them--until they HAD to be fixed. If I had gotten proper treatment early it would not have been nearly as big a deal as it finally was. The post surgery recovery was the most painful experience of my life. Now all is well and my surgeon assured me that they Wouldn't come back.
See a doc NOW!