PDA

View Full Version : Triple ByPass cancelled...

paulh
07-06-2017, 06:36 PM
... due to uncontained fires along the course.

ultraman6970
07-06-2017, 07:15 PM
What is this about?? bypass?? where?

dustyrider
07-06-2017, 07:21 PM
Colorado. June into July has been very smokey in western Colorado this summer.

pbarry
07-06-2017, 07:22 PM
That's a real shame. I can't imagine training and planning/flying here, and then.. But, it sounds like the right call with the raging fires. Cool that the organizers are donating all the food to the on ground firefighters, police, and local communities.

https://triplebypass.org/home.php

bigreen505
07-06-2017, 07:24 PM
Wait, what? What's burning? I thought Breck was dealt with yesterday. Is it still Kremling? I'm in Denver now, but the past week has been pretty unbearable with all the smoke. I didn't ride because of the amount of smoke. I had enough trouble breathing off a bike.

thwart
07-06-2017, 09:33 PM
That's a real shame. I can't imagine training and planning/flying here, and then.. But, it sounds like the right call with the raging fires. Cool that the organizers are donating all the food to the on ground firefighters, police, and local communities.

https://triplebypass.org/home.php
A shame is right. A good friend had trained extensively for it, his very first cycling challenge ride.

I'm sure he's terribly disappointed, but... on the other hand, it probably had him in the very best shape of his life.

kingpin75s
07-06-2017, 09:59 PM
This sounds like the Brian Head fire.

I just road tripped 9 days through CO, UT and AZ and the fire was (is?) the largest unconfined fire in the country.

We could see the plumes all day as we worked our way around the region and the haze and light smell of the burn was there as we passed through Red Canyon and camped in Bryce. I think the fire in the region is the reason we lucked out on such a great site and it was not any issue with air quality where we landed.

Bummer on the Triple. Great ride.